Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Ok, first off I'm running a Buddha rda on a RX200s. Im building dual aliens and trying to target between .1 -.15. I've tried SS 26 ga with 32 ga SS clapton, 7 wraps with a 3 mm id. I've tried 26 ga ni80 with 32 ga SS clapton, 7 wraps with 3mm id. I've tried 26 ga nickel with 32 ga SS claptons, 7 wraps with 3 mm id. I've also tried all these with 5 wraps and also tried them with 2.5 id. Everything is lower than .1 and can't get the RX to fire in either VW or temp control. Can someone help me out and give me some feedback on how I can get at least .1 ohms. I'm getting really frustrated building all these coils just to toss them. So far only one good thing has came from all this..I've gotten pretty good and quick at making the alien coil..lol

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I have a single coil alien in my limitless reading 0.2 ohms so if you had two you should be at 0.1.

It's a 6wrap on 3mm id
4 core 28g, i made it with ss316 cores so if you use n80 or kanthal cores you'll bring the resistance up even more. :)

Edit: Whatever gauge wire you use for the decore clapton won't make any difference to the final resistance.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
Use a higer gauge wrap so you can get more turns on the coil. It really adds up at 32 gauge.

I'd just use steam-engine.org before you build.
A1 is mainly what I use for this reason...if it's too low, it's useless. With 3 and 4 parallel runs, you aren't going to be too high.
N80 conducts really well on contact so it can cause these same problems when used as a wrap.

I'm betting you can't even get the hotspots out so try firing one coil and get it worked out, then install the next one.

8 full 3.5mm wraps gets me to 0.27 ohm on dual 3x 26 gauge aliens.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

markcfh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2015
grimcity
I'm not gonna go super specific, but I've done and bought aliens that were nichrome/kanthal, full kanthal and ss316l, I've only had 1 pair that fell under 0.1, even then I threw them on the hohmwrecker and glowed out no problem. I've never had to do 1 at a time. I've gone through a few dozens now. That just seems infuriating.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Just ordered some 28, 36, and 40. I saw someone did some aliens with 3x28, 40 outer with 8 wraps on a 2.4 mm bit and ohmed out at .19. Gonna try that. Never have used 40 on an alien. That aught to be a fun try. Got some .5x1mm ribbon for some framed staple coils. FYI I got an email earlier tonight that Lightning Vapes has a deal on wire. 30% off ALL wire. Usually they will have just clapton on sale but this is ALL wire. Coupon code wire30off. Got all that wire and shipped for under $30!

markcfh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2015
grimcity
Ya @whiteowl84 I almost exclusively run dual coils. When I use a series mech, I tend to go excessive single coil.

My 3x28/36 ss316 came out to 0.12 in a recoil rda. I have a csv file for dna200 and it's pretty good, I'm just a watts guy. Most of my exotic coils are 0.1-0.2, mostly just to keep them in the dna/hohmwrecker happy places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread