Alien Vapor miscarriage and somewhat surprising review...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Arizona
Been dieing to try this Boba's Bounty that everyone is always talking about. After always missing an opportunity to nab some as the site is either always down or BB stock unavailable I was stoked when I found some Boba's, knee-jerk ordered immediately, and realized slightly later that alien Vapors is not Alien Visions...

Now, right off the bat I have something to say about this. Everyone demonizes Alien Vapors, and rightly so. They are a blatantly cheap knock-off company attempting to increase revenue by the sort of tactic they have employed with Boba's Bounty. Similar company name and identical flavor name. Yet I would demonize Alien Visions equally. Inconsistent online presence and stock availability. No attempt to protect their intellectual property. Every time you go their site, it looks different. Despite Vapors being a charlatan, AVE is the one that constantly presents itself as a cheap charlatan...which is why things like Vapors can exist and make money. It's varying levels of unprofessionalism between the two companies...

On to the vapor, I hard already realized my error but decided I wanted to see if this knock-off was just receiving a bad rap or fulfilling the hole left by an inept producer. Here are my thoughts:

I own a cabinetful of liquids from various companies, highbrow, 5pawns, halo, fanceejuice, fuzion...etc

I already suspected I was awaiting garbage and the packaging and the container did not fail to fulfill these expectations. I have never come across an e-liquid drip bottle of this style before, but I recognize it immediately. It's an eyedropper. Strange. The labeling is haphazard and poorly placed at a 45 degree angle across the bottle with a crinkle in it. The printer was low on ink in the production of this thing that is clearly produced on a home printer on a page of addressing stamps for envelopes. I know that's what it is, I compared it. Suspect as hell.

I decided to vape it anyway...and it's actually pretty good. It's pretty evenly butterscotch/caramel/minor chocolate and light tobacco? It actually works really well.

It's actually pretty alright, better than alright even. It mucks up quicker on my wicks than anything else I own, but I dunno what that means. I don't think I shall ever order from this company again...but it's kinda a good flavor, despite looking like something slapped together in someones office that is clearly a disingenuous knock-off company.

So, here is my opinion. Boba's Bounty is apparently impossible to ever find for someone with more than a casual interest in it's availability. This sounds like garbage to me as the site is never up, or transitioning. Alien Vapors is a knock-off that is up all the time. They are very low rent, but their boba's bounty is actually quite good. Since I have never been able to purchase BB from AVE in like 6 months while checking for it 1 or 2 times a week just suggests it is either infinitely unobtainable or doesn't exist and everyone talking about it are shills. The lack of the companies stability really removes any confidence I have in this company. Vapors makes a questinably produced thing called Boba's Bounty that is a caramel/butterscotch/chocy tob thing. It's pretty good, but gross liquid that gunks up quickly despite being very thin. It is the cheapest looking and least reliable packaging I have ever received.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karnaj

drsocal

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Supplier Rules

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
After I read the OP's review I went to the Alien Vapors website. I've been vaping just over a month so not all that familiar with the place. I've been to the Alien Visions website quite a few times. I don't know how anyone can be fooled into thinking one is the other if they've been to both. But I will say, all hacking, copying aside, I would never purchase juice from an online retailer that didn't allow for reviews of their product. Alien Vapors, as far as I can tell, doesn't have reviews? That's messed up.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
After I read the OP's review I went to the Alien Vapors website. I've been vaping just over a month so not all that familiar with the place. I've been to the Alien Visions website quite a few times. I don't know how anyone can be fooled into thinking one is the other if they've been to both. But I will say, all hacking, copying aside, I would never purchase juice from an online retailer that didn't allow for reviews of their product. Alien Vapors, as far as I can tell, doesn't have reviews? That's messed up.

Part of the problem is, if you *haven't* been to both sites and just google "Boba's Bounty", Alien Vapors comes up first. If you don't know any better, then why not order from there? Has "Alien" in the name, has a juice with the EXACT same name and it pops up at the top of the page when you google it.

Sucks. A lot of people have fallen in to that trap. Thankfully, even though I hit the wrong site first, I was just looking out of curiosity and didn't order. But if I'd have been looking to buy, I'd have some knock off Boba's in my collection right now.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I'd call my CC and cancel payment on grounds of fraud. They didn't sell you what you thought you were buying and they did it intentionally. The real stuff isn't that hard to get, goto the site at 8am Pacific Time and order it quick. If you work during that time do it on the weekend. I placed my order Saturday when I was off, got shipping notice and tracking number yesterday. 200ml's on the way to restock my dwindling supply.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The guy who makes the juice and packages it at Alien Vapors is blind. You'd think his sense of smell would increase. I've tried his juice. It's terrible.

I think your confusing alien vapor with catskill mountain vapor or something like that. Unless he works for alien vapors too.

BennyBlanco

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Jersey City
The real stuff isn't that hard to get, goto the site at 8am Pacific Time and order it quick.

it's an absurd way to run a business

i don't think their juice is worth dealing with the black friday business model but i know some people swear by it. to me bobas bounty taste like raisins rolled in dirt. i do kinda like pg hype though.

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
it's an absurd way to run a business

i don't think their juice is worth dealing with the black friday business model but i know some people swear by it. to me bobas bounty taste like raisins rolled in dirt. i do kinda like pg hype though.

How a lot of fish markets and BBQ joints are run. It is actually considered a great business model.

BennyBlanco

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Jersey City
How a lot of fish markets and BBQ joints are run. It is actually considered a great business model.

considered a great business model by who? it's basically a nonperishable, not really comparable to fresh fish or BBQ. it's a terrible business model considering it's an online store.

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
As frustrating as it can be, Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions is worth the wait in my opinion. However, it's not worth stressing over as there are a TON of other great tasting liquids out there. If you are unable to be online around 8am in the morning, I suggest waiting another couple weeks and trying then.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
considered a great business model by who? it's basically a nonperishable, not really comparable to fresh fish or BBQ. it's a terrible business model considering it's an online store.

I'm afraid id have to agree.

When Boba's recently came back in stock the other day, i believe someone mentioned the site/store hitting its order limit in like <15 mins...

I understand if you don't wanna over extend yourself/risk losing your QC and reputation etc, but when you have an overwhelming demand for your product, so much so your store 'sells out' in a very short period of time everyday, you either need to increase your capacity/production or explain why you cant (unable to get raw materials/flavoring etc).

It honestly seems like they just hate money, everyone seems to want to give it to them, they just don't seem to care.

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO

When Boba's recently came back in stock the other day, i believe someone mentioned the site/store hitting its order limit in like <15 mins...

I understand if you don't wanna over extend yourself/risk losing your QC and reputation etc, but when you have an overwhelming demand for your product, so much so your store 'sells out' in a very short period of time everyday, you either need to increase your capacity/production or explain why you cant (unable to get raw materials/flavoring etc).

It honestly seems like they just hate money, everyone seems to want to give it to them, they just don't seem to care.

It has to do mostly with production time and quality control.

A few things to consider on why they can't extend the production... their profit margin might be too thin to handle the increased labour costs. Can't find labour they trust enough to not go out and sell cloned juices, especially in what is becoming a very competitive market. Also there is the quality, the time he puts into making what he does. He doesn't want to be making it 24/7 so he produces what he needs to to earn enough to keep him happy while giving himself enough time to enjoy his money. If he does his own flavour extractions then the production time has also skyrocketed right there. Also, it would be unfair to the people buying up their other juices to take production time away from them.

The biggest though, is with the market growing as much as it is, it would be VERY easy to overextend yourself, especially in this market. This is a market where someone could easily pop up producing a juice that is VERY similar yet just a tiny bit better, and there goes a huge chunk of customers. That is why everyone produces multiple juices, to be able to handle the sudden loss of a customer base for one of them.

If anything, you should be thankful for the business model they are using because they could (and many would say should) easily raise the price on Boba, but instead keep it normal.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA

(Bolding mine...)

My question (to the bolded section) is...why?? Their business model is genius. The have the most talked-about juice in the world (I'm guessing). They can sell as much of it as they care to. I've seen too many businesses fail because they over-extended themselves when times were good and then were stuck when something happened and they could no longer pay their bills. There's nothing wrong with staying small and in control.

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
I order at least once a month from AVE (March 15, April 12, May 17, June 12, July 12...you get the picture) and have never had a real problem getting my juice. Due to all the hype over being unable to order, I did order larger amounts the other day but I will be back in August to order more. I follow them on Facebook and know that they are [Internet hosting server left out intentionally] users and I know how these people operate (will say no more). I love the BB, GJ, and their clove. Just try ordering from Ahlusion at 3:00 PM PT. It ain't gonna happen. Like I say, my local bakery makes the BEST apple fritters this world has ever tasted. They open at 7:00 AM and, if I'm not there by 8:00 AM, I won't be getting an apple fritter.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
There are two reasons for the 300 order limit per day. Ben had stress related health issues last year and Ben wants all orders to ship the next day. Limiting it to 300 orders per day serves both. As all of us BB and GJ junkies get restocked the site will be staying open a little longer each day until it gets back to normal. He had the limit in place for a while before the site revamp and it seemed to work good for everybody involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread