"AlienVAPORS" Boba's (Bogus) Bounty

Status
Not open for further replies.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
The following is only my opinion and should not be construed as any kind of "official" or legally binding review. I have NO INTENT to slander or otherwise damage "AlienVAPORS". Unfortunately, I got really excited by the (in my opinion) VERY misleading "AlienVAPORS" website and bought a bottle of THEIR version of Boba's Bounty liquid. From reading, lots of others did too. NOT cool, IMO. It has a scent that's slightly similar to the original, but that's where the good news ended for me. Their return policy is cumbersome and I'm not sure I'm up to the hassle of filing a CC dispute for $22.00. I made the decision to keep it and give it an honest chance. Out of the box, it has some similar scent notes to the original. More perfume and candyish, though. Im using it in an SXK Doogy Style MTL rta, mounted to an eVic VTC dual in TC mode set at 20.5 watts and 290 F. The coil is a single SS316 @1.25 ohms. I drained the tank of the newly reintroduced original Bobas (The Return of Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice!) cleaned, and rewicked w/Rayon. First impression was not bad. Several draws later the candy, perfume notes become really noticeable. I was going to just pour it out and give up. Instead, I decided to add about 5% coffee flavor to the tank and see what I got. I wouldn't purchase this flavor at retail price, but the coffee muted and darkened the juice and made it into a decent DIY. Flavor preferences being subjective, my REAL complaint is what I personally see as REALLY misleading advertising and a bad business model. AlienVapor claims to have the trademark on the name "Boba's Bounty". I have no reason to doubt that. Trademarking another company's signature liquid during a rough time seems pretty sketchy to me. The original is far more than what's in a name.
Charles
downloadfile-31.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread