all day vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I use a 901 which is fine for me. I'm thinking of maybe getting my husband something for Father's Day but here's the dilemma.

He does asphalt and concrete work and owns his company. Which means 10 hour days, not enough help, rarely even takes time to eat lunch (which ticks me off to no end since I get up at 5:30 am to pack the darn thing).

Does an e-cig or cigar even exist that would last all day w/o needing a battery change or juice refill? I can guarantee that the first time he has to putz with it, he'll just grab the Marlboros...

a pipe maybe? Cigar type?

gto4

ECF Veteran
Get him a starter kit and order two extra batteries and atomizers (and an extra charger). He'll have four full e cigs to take with him.It sounds like a hassle but he carries 20 cigs now. I suggest the 510 manual. It's a manly smoke and most of my friends who switch have frustration with draw. The 510 seems easier for a newbie to get a good hit.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Why not buy one of the two piece models so the only thing he has to change is the battery. Most smokers will not initially go for something that does not look like a cigarette, and many will not even consider dripping and fussing with something all day at work. He may change his mind after using the e cig for awhile, but less fuss is best for a lot of people. I've been vaping for almost 6 months now, and I find it annoying to constantly be charging batteries and topping cartridges. Another alternative is to get him something he can use at home to get used to the concept. He could smoke the Marlboros on the job and still cut his smoking way down. After a time if he is like most people, he will start to prefer vaping to smoking and will find what works best for him.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I can guarantee that the first time he has to putz with it, he'll just grab the Marlboros...

E-cigs are not for everyone. Analogs are much easier to deal with and consistant performers, particularly in the field.

I cannot think of any device that can hold enough juice or has enough battery power for an entire day. An e-cigar will certainly hold more juice than most e-cigs, and he can just swap out carts as they dry. The cigar would probably need at least one or two battery changes, though. I vape my e-pipe pretty heavily and have to top off the cart a few times a day and go through two batteries. I suggest the e-cigar because the pipe is not something that you want to hold in your teeth for extended periods of time.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
im gonna second a e-cigar....bigger cart and longer battery life than an average e-cig.

but if an ecig style is required...i would recommend...altho ive never owned or tried one....a KR808 cartomizer ecig.

my all day vape is the 601 e-pipe...but that would not be too practical in a very active work atmosphere

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
E-cigs are not for everyone. Analogs are much easier to deal with and consistant performers, particularly in the field.

I cannot think of any device that can hold enough juice or has enough battery power for an entire day.

Exactly. The biggest change that all ecigs users have to accept is that no matter what unit you go with, (and everyone has their personal favorites) there is an additional time and maint. factor that you have to consider. Dropping analogs completely was a breeze compared to making sure I had enough juice and batteries all packed and ready to go.

Now, after 2+ months, all of that has been integrated into my daily routine. My wife sounds a lot like the OP's husband. If it was going to be "too much trouble" then screw it, I'll just smoke the analogs. I was very careful to take care a lot of the mundane tasks with the ecig for her.

Now with 2+ month in for her, she is doing a lot of the maint stuff herself and she actually enjoys it. Maybe if there is a way you can help your husband for the first 30-60 days it will be easier for him to make the transition.............Have him read these forums. It will definitely be worth the effort. Both my wife and I actually find it is fun and sort of a "hobby" now.

The next big hurdle with wife wife is switching here to a manual ecig. her 510 should be in by Tuesday or Wed.........................

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Thanks for the responses. I can just imagine him trying to top off while shoveling 300 degree asphalt. Saying "********* this" and throwing the whole thing into said pile of asphalt. :)

Think I may go with the e-cigar. He does have a seizure disorder so I'd like to run this past his doc before I do anything. It's very well controlled and he hasn't had a seizure for 7 years. That was because he was in the hospital for pneumonia and the idiots let his dilantin level drop to 6.

If I get a green light, where's the best e-cigar and where can I get it in the states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread