Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Yeah you can buy different tanks for it to do mouth to lung. With the subox mini you don't get a battery with it, it uses external batteries and its best to buy a external charger for the batteries so it can become pretty expensive. The cool fire 4 and the istick 30w come with internal batteries which can't be taken out. It's all down to preference really.
true - challenge here is if a self contained battery mod has battery issues, you are throwing out the baby with the bathwater - but you're right, it is about preference

Reactions: Kellyrob1uk

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
The Subbox has a "floating" 510 pin. In my opinion it's the weak spot of the kit. If you're just going to use the Subtanks you "should" be ok. If you're going to switch to other brand tanks you could have issues with the 510 connection. Most mods have a spring loaded 510 pin so they adjust to the different sized tanks.

The 510 pin is a metal stub that is in the battery top that makes the connection to the bottom of the tank when you put the two together to vape. If it breaks, you can't vape.

- Update

Ended up getting the Kanger and the nautilus, not having any issues with the 510 connection so far and used it a hell of a lot last night at a party. Using the 1.5 coil on the kanger and at the moment I'm using it more than the naut due to the large air flow setting. Still need to test out the naught a bit more. I had one more question; is it normal to have a burnt taste from tasting shop flavors? Maybe something to do with a store not changing coils so frequently?

- Nueung

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
- Update

Ended up getting the Kanger and the nautilus, not having any issues with the 510 connection so far and used it a hell of a lot last night at a party.

- Nueung

I just want to say I'm happy for you.

VIP "Photon" is a rubbish e-cig from a worse-than-rubbish e-cig company that rips off customers.

By the way... if you are interested, there are a few London shops you should avoid at all costs.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
- Update

Ended up getting the Kanger and the nautilus, not having any issues with the 510 connection so far and used it a hell of a lot last night at a party. Using the 1.5 coil on the kanger and at the moment I'm using it more than the naut due to the large air flow setting. Still need to test out the naught a bit more. I had one more question; is it normal to have a burnt taste from tasting shop flavors? Maybe something to do with a store not changing coils so frequently?

- Nueung

Burnt taste is not a good thing. You could have your power too high, or the wick is not wicking fast enough for your vape (too many fast hard draws, high vg juice). New coils (new cotton) need time to break in and usually have a "different" taste for the first 5 or 6 draws. Make certain you are priming new coils (Kanger Subtank Mini, I put a couple drops down the chimney directly on the cotton, and a drop on each side where the wick holes are. Then let it sit for about 5 minutes or so.)

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015

VIP "Photon" is a rubbish e-cig from a worse-than-rubbish e-cig company that rips off customers.

By the way... if you are interested, there are a few London shops you should avoid at all costs.

Yeah the VIP was my friends old one, he upgraded and had no use for the old one. We're kinda just passing it around our friends who smoke and one by one we're joining the vape community :)

What places should I be avoiding? I took a trip to buy my kit and liquids from the UK E-Cig Store in Wembley was a good experience however I did find some of the flavors tasted weird and burnt

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
Burnt taste is not a good thing. You could have your power too high, or the wick is not wicking fast enough for your vape (too many fast hard draws, high vg juice). New coils (new cotton) need time to break in and usually have a "different" taste for the first 5 or 6 draws. Make certain you are priming new coils (Kanger Subtank Mini, I put a couple drops down the chimney directly on the cotton, and a drop on each side where the wick holes are. Then let it sit for about 5 minutes or so.)

I should have worded what I said differently, its not my set up that tastes burnt. Its the ones I tried in store, some of the flavors tasted fine but a fair few I got a fairly strong burning taste. Especially on the popular brands, I don't feel like I got a good taste of Suicide Bunny or any Space Jam flavors. Not sure if thats a common thing or just this particular store?

- Nueung

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yeah the VIP was my friends old one, he upgraded and had no use for the old one. We're kinda just passing it around our friends who smoke and one by one we're joining the vape community :)

What places should I be avoiding? I took a trip to buy my kit and liquids from the UK E-Cig Store in Wembley was a good experience however I did find some of the flavors tasted weird and burnt

It's good to pass around (VIP) and to help get people started. Starter kits are what get people started, so all kits are good (although I draw the line at E-Lites and Blu).

The store you mention is almost universally detested by the experienced vaping community. They are a pure marketing machine charging full price for absolutely everything and having the worst reputation in the business for customer service. They actually owe people money and/or goods, but they plough on regardless, investing in more advertising, more money to google to be at the top, and more 'adverts' on youtube (which trading standards are looking into, by the way) and basically.. well.. I don't need to go on.

As the months (and years) go by, it's kind of important to know where to shop, otherwise you waste £1,000s on over-priced kit and liquids.

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
It's good to pass around (VIP) and to help get people started. Starter kits are what get people started, so all kits are good (although I draw the line at E-Lites and Blu).

The store you mention is almost universally detested by the experienced vaping community. They are a pure marketing machine charging full price for absolutely everything and having the worst reputation in the business for customer service. They actually owe people money and/or goods, but they plough on regardless, investing in more advertising, more money to google to be at the top, and more 'adverts' on youtube (which trading standards are looking into, by the way) and basically.. well.. I don't need to go on.

As the months (and years) go by, it's kind of important to know where to shop, otherwise you waste £1,000s on over-priced kit and liquids.

Ahh right, I really should have looked into pricing, do you know of any good vape stores in London? (preferably central) Or a better trusted online retailer?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Ahh right, I really should have looked into pricing, do you know of any good vape stores in London? (preferably central) Or a better trusted online retailer?
Well... most of central London is a no-go (obviously... you don't want to be paying £40 for £10 of stuff).
Oddly enough, MYEPACK is a London online store...
Myepack.co.uk

I get *posh* liquids from Vape Escape or other selected vendors when I buy them. My everyday liquid comes direct from China or is homemade.

There is a new online store "Kingz of Vapour" which might be worth a look.

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
The Subbox has a "floating" 510 pin. In my opinion it's the weak spot of the kit. If you're just going to use the Subtanks you "should" be ok. If you're going to switch to other brand tanks you could have issues with the 510 connection. Most mods have a spring loaded 510 pin so they adjust to the different sized tanks.

The 510 pin is a metal stub that is in the battery top that makes the connection to the bottom of the tank when you put the two together to vape. If it breaks, you can't vape.

Hi there I would recommend the cool fire 4 with the aspire mini. It's what I started on 8 days ago and I ain't had a stinky since! I am on 12mg nicotine and I smoked 20 a day so maybe 6mg would be best for you. Best to start low then if it's not enough you can up it. I did the mistake a couple of years ago and started high and it put me off because I was getting headaches.Innokin Cool Fire IV: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics That's where I got mine from

Just an update to this post;

I haven't had a cigarette since the post. I can't thank you guys enough for your advice :) I've moved on to sub ohm rebuild-able coil for the KangerTech Sub box mini and I just bought a Plume Veil clone! Not having any issues with anything I've been using (so far). Only problem I've had is finding a budget flavor I enjoy but I guess its just trial and error. Thinking about upgrading to the Sigelei 150W when I can and maybe get an unregulated box if I have the spare cash. Just out of curiosity what kind of hardware do you guys have and what do you enjoy vaping?

Again, thank you all so much
- Nueung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread