All flavor, stealthy clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flywheel Shyster

Jul 10, 2015
I am about six months into vaping. I started first with innokin CLK (a very durable device and still my back up / emergency) and innokin 3b clearo. Having breifly tried an evod before that I thought it was amazing until I bought a protank 3 because I heard that Kanger was the go-to brand. After upgrading to an eleaf istick 30w (and recently a istick mini that i use specifically for work when constantly moving cause I can fold up the clearo with a spring loaded add-on which makes for perfect pocket and quick vaping). I finally got an aspire nautilus mini and have been far beyond impressed, it works so well that only once in 3 months or four months did I change the coil for actually going bad, rather changing it for fresh flavor for newer liquids. I had been wary of sub-ohming and was about to buy one second hand, brand new, from this stupid kid at work who had bought a kanger mini sub box (he had done absolutely no reading or research and essentially was vaping for the status of it among his other vaping friends, he complained it hurt his throat)

So long story little less long, I tried it. Hell ya did i get some clouds! But it really, really didn't seem necessary. And the flavor...well the flavor was lacking, compared to my nautilus mini (on the istick 30w). I get about ~65% of the cloud production from it than i did the Kanger sub-ohm (.5 ohm at 40w) with considerable less flavor. Now I upped the flavor by closing the airhole a bit but then it felt hardly different than my nauitilus except with more clouds. So i now know clouds just ain't for me, decent sure, but massive....just superfluous for my experience at least. I vape my nautilus mini between 11.3-12.5w, 10w when i need to conserve battery. it eats juice but damn is it near perfect...

so my questions becomes this, wanting something that holds more liquid, should I get the standard Nautilus, or can I get just as good if not better flavor and same (no need for more) clouds from the Atlantis v2 with 1ohm or is there a better clearo out there for flavor and ease of use that can match the Nautilus mini flavor and cloud production? Other than RDA's of course, for having tried that once the clouds and flavor were equally substantial and I am considering going down the dripping path but am worried about costs (I really don't want to go through two or three RDA's to find the one that'll do the job with minimal slip ups)

Or was my experience with sub-ohm not common? It liquid was heavy vg but i use a heavy vg that I bought randomly and keep it in my protank 3 on the CLK backup system, occasionally hitting it at home for the sweetness inherent in vg itself.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated,

thanks

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
As far as RDAs are concerned, the cost doesn't have to be high in finding what your looking for. I'm not ashamed to say it, but most of my RDAs are clones. I don't go the cheapest route, with places like FastTech (no offense to those who do) but I know of a few brands that make quality clones, and I have never been disappointed. After you've do A LOT of research about ohms law, battery safety, etc. etc., you can then start looking for what you want in an RDA. If you still want to own the authentic, clones are a good way to do a test run. A good RDA to start with is the Tobeco Velocity clone. Lots of vapor and flavor, and super easy to build on. Plus a deep juice well, which helps prevent leaking/over dripping.

Reactions: Pearl B

Flywheel Shyster

Jul 10, 2015
Thanks amig@s, I've now at least narrowed my next upgrade to either the Kabuki or Aspire's Triton (to be used with 1.8 coil head). I like that the Triton is currently on sale at a variety of online vendors and is about half the cost of the Kabuki, has the top fill, and the nice 3.5ml capacity....but the reviews on that Kabuki are basically universal, that it provides even better flavor and quality than a nautty mini. It seems the triton has its own differing 1.8 coil head so the Kabuki gets extra points for using aspire's BVC coil heads...i mean, I would have two awesome rigs and only have to worry about one style of coil head (and one that lasts quite awhile at that) I'm almost wondering if the larger price of the kabuki would eventually be offset by saving on triton coil heads. .....oooo decisions, decisions, decisions, I don't get paid till thursday so I guess no rush.

Thanks again, and if there are any thoughts about this triton vs kabuki match up any other or additional opinions will be greatly appreciated

all peace always

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
You may also want to look at the eLeaf GS Air Series of tanks.

Eleaf GS Air
Eleaf GS AIr M
Eleaf GS AIr MS
GS Tank

Tanks & coils are inexpensive (~$10). Two different Kanthal coils: 1.5Ω (8-20 watts) & 1.2Ω (8-30 watts). Both are dual coils. There are even NI 200 coils (if you have a temp control mod).

They are very popular and have their own thread: Eleaf GS Air Fan - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread