All my flavors absolutely suck ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex8039

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Australia
Finally tried all 20 from the same vendor which I won't name. Oh lord are they horrible, no wonder I'm finding it so hard to transition to full-time vaping.

The only one I can tolerate is watermelon, and only because I like that chemical-y watermelon bubblegum flavor it has. Some really wretched ones like whiskey and turkish tobacco, what was I thinking ordering them? Menthol blast is another one I sortov like, it's like a vicks vapor rub and clears my sinuses, but I never smoke menthol for health reasons.

Given that there's only so many artificial flavorings out there, how varied is the taste quality in different vendors? I wanna try the notorious gorilla juice and boba's bounty if the option becomes available, maybe 100%VG will be better than 70/30 as well.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
100% VG is gonna be hard to vape, it's too thick. If you just started vaping your tastebuds are still "waking up" and in a month or so your tastes will most likely change. Also some juices benefit from some steeping. That being said everyone's tastes are different. I can't stand some stuff that everyone swears is excellent, and vice versa. In the beginning you have to try a LOT of juice before you find the ones you like!

alex8039

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Australia
100% VG is gonna be hard to vape, it's too thick. If you just started vaping your tastebuds are still "waking up" and in a month or so your tastes will most likely change. Also some juices benefit from some steeping. That being said everyone's tastes are different. I can't stand some stuff that everyone swears is excellent, and vice versa. In the beginning you have to try a LOT of juice before you find the ones you like!

Oh that's sad to hear Alien Visions only offers VG based liquid :( Issue is I can taste the stuff really well and it all has some kind of chemical nightmare with a terrible aftertaste. The fruity ones I can tolerate alright because they taste like the candy you buy at the supermarket

gjshaw29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Try taking the caps off the chemically ones and letting them sit in the dark for a day or two. Then cap them and try them again in a week. Like they said above some juices are made to order and need to steep for a week to a month. That said when I started I used watermelon exclusively for like 3 months. Might have to go get some today :)

Sun Tzu

Feb 12, 2013
Gainesville FL
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: not allowed- only in classifieds

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Finally tried all 20 from the same vendor which I won't name. Oh lord are they horrible, no wonder I'm finding it so hard to transition to full-time vaping.
Given that there's only so many artificial flavorings out there, how varied is the taste quality in different vendors? I wanna try the notorious gorilla juice and boba's bounty if the option becomes available, maybe 100%VG will be better than 70/30 as well.

Thats why I use 100% VG Unflavored....
This ones the best......http://www.innovapor.com/ultrapure-e-liquid/ ECF20 for a discount...
Pure and clean tasting....0-36mg

Last edited:

alex8039

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Australia
I guarantee that it's because you bought low priced juices to save money. I made that mistake before with MBV/EC Blends... and now I only buy from premium vendors.

I bought from there because they had the Kgo starter kit which was advised by tasteyourjuice, I think it's 15 bucks for a 30ml bottle which seems standard, but the vendor is virtually unknown

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I guarantee that it's because you bought low priced juices to save money. I made that mistake before with MBV/EC Blends... and now I only buy from premium vendors.

Just because a liquid is expensive or over-hyped, doesn't mean it's going to be good.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
mt baker vapor is really good, haven't had a bad juice from them yet. try them out. tasty vapor, kick bass, my freedom smokes are all good as well
:2c:

lol i've tried MANY terrible flavors from Mtbaker.. currently sitting on about 8 bottles that I'm trying to trade because they are collecting dust at this point.

they have many good ones too don't get me wrong.. but OP make sure to read the reviews before buying.

and also Alex, have you tried fuZion vapor - premium handcrafted ejuice for the rockstars ?? they have a new watermelon flavor that i heard is unbelievable plus all their other outstanding juices you should try!

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I ran into some really bad juice when I started vaping. I guess its part of the learning curve. Its amazing how different the same flavor from two different vendors can be. The first juice order I made was 25- 3ml sample bottles for a vendor who had a great sale price at the time. Big mistake.
Later I found a thread about the 2012 juice awards, something like that. Maybe it was the top 10 juices of 2012, IDK. Its a sticky somewhere. Anyways, I started picking flavors I would like from that list. I know taste is subjective but they must be getting votes for a reason, right. I think Heathers heavenly vapes had the most votes so I started with them. Fantastic juice. Simply amazing. They took 7-10 days before shipping though. The good news is they have worked through their growing pains and are shipping in just a couple days now. Ive tried several different vendors, including MBV who is also very good but HHV is my recommendation.

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
You may want to sample RAWR. They have some darn good one's IMO.

The only one I can tolerate is watermelon, and only because I like that chemical-y watermelon bubblegum flavor it has. Some really wretched ones like whiskey and turkish tobacco, what was I thinking ordering them? Menthol blast is another one I sortov like, it's like a vicks vapor rub and clears my sinuses, but I never smoke menthol for health reasons.

caprileo

Dec 12, 2010
Florida - USA
Everyone here has given you the best advice you could have expected. My 2 cents is that I agree that you need to try various vendors until you find the one(s) that appeal to you the most. I mix my own juice and use flavors from TFA, FW, and 1 or 2 others. The whole PG/VG issue seems to be on a personal taste basis. I use a Joyetech EGO-C and they recomend that you only use 100% PG but I still use a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. If you do get into mixing your own you can always dilute the VG with PGA or the like to get the consistancy of PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread