All of the DIY supplies I ordered have arrived. What to try first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
I placed 5 orders and all of my supplies are in. I still need graduated cylinders, more syringes, and beakers.

Here's what I have. If anyone could recommend a couple of recipies to try based on my available flavorings I would love to hear about them! I have not opened any of the nic bottles yet, so I can't give you any comparison notes on those yet. Also, if I missed any "must haves" in the additives section, please let me know.

I will probably try something tonight...

2 gals each PG/VG from Essential Depot
120ml 100mg/ml Nude Nicotine 100% VG
120ml 100mg/ml Wizard Labs Nicotine 100% VG
125ml 100mg/ml MyFreedomSmokes Nicotine 100% VG

WL nicotine test kit

Flavorings
TFA Apple Candy Flavor
TFA Black Cherry Flavor
TFA Blueberry (Wild) Flavor
TFA Blueberry Flavor (Extra)
TFA Butterscotch Flavor
TFA Caramel Candy Flavor
TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust)
TFA Cheesecake Flavor (I accidentally ordered 2 bottles of this one)
TFA Cola Flavor**
TFA Dulce de Leche Flavor
TFA Grape Candy Flavor
TFA Juicyfruit
TFA Kiwi (Double) Flavor
TFA Mango Flavor
TFA Orange Cream Flavor
TFA Pineapple Flavor
TFA Strawberry Flavor
TFA Watermelon

Additives
TFA Champagne Type Flavor (PG)
MTS vape Wizard
TFA Smooth
TFA Sour Flavor 20% (I accidentally ordered 2 bottles of this one, too)
TFA Sweet and Tart Flavor
TFA Sweetener

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
The TFA flavors are a bit tricky try them individually so you have an idea on what your working with. 5ml test batches work well. TFA needs some steeping so give them a few days before making a final decision. Do some research on recommended percentages and start on the low end of those recommendations.

AthensGa

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
Athens, GA USA
If you figure out how to make TFA apple candy and TFA caramel candy taste good let me know. I like the juicy fruit, but it's kind of a thin flavor if that makes sense to ya. If your coil gets even a little gunky you can taste right through it. The only other one that I have on your list is TFA strawberry, unless the sweet and tart is the sweet tart flavor not additive. It's good, but I'm gonna try the fresh strawberry next time to see if it leaves out the green taste that I get with strawberry.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Juicy Fruit is really good by itself at 8% to 10% flavor. It was my all day vape for a long time. I beleive it is Thrashers all day vape as well.

You ALMOST have my current favorite ADV which is 6% Strawberry, 6% Blueberry wild, and 6% Juicey Peach.. (called Red Vs Blue in the TFA recipies thread)...just a guess, but I bet 8% and 8% of Strawberry and the Blueberry extra would be a tasty treat. Just shake, give them a warm/hot water bath for about an hour, shake again and vape.

If I think of any, I'll let you know.

I have around 120 TFA flavors and dont really steep...although some are a teeny tad better after three days. I do some pretty complex flavors as well....... but dont do tobaccos which need steeping as I understand it.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks guys. I've been reading... I'm thinking about a few cheescake ones. Strawberry, blueberry, and black cherry. Maybe tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll be back.

BTW: I love how helpful and supportive folks are around here.

I was playing around with the little droppers that TFA sends out with it's flavorings. Is anyone on here using them, and if so, how many drops per ml do you use with them?

I dropped some water into a syringe, and for me, it is not coming out to anything close to 20 drops/ml...
Hi MD_Boater

I have several of the same flavors as you listed, I haven't yet used them all but wanted to let you know about the cheesecake flavor from tpa. I tried it, and really wasn't happy, smelled like old socks and steep time is a month or more. And then still didn't taste right. jmo.
I have heard that the cheesecake with graham cracker is good tho I haven't tried it myself.

Also, I can't find a better flavor than capella's sweet strawberry. (not knocking any flavor companies, jmo). Vapable right after mixing and just keeps getting better as time goes on.
flavor west juicy fruit is the best I have found also. I have some tpa juicy fruit steeping now for comparison.

Still relatively new to all this myself, so just wanted to chime in to let you know what I found out.
:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I was playing around with the little droppers that TFA sends out with it's flavorings. Is anyone on here using them, and if so, how many drops per ml do you use with them?

I dropped some water into a syringe, and for me, it is not coming out to anything close to 20 drops/ml...

I found that to be true also. Water has different properties than pg/vg so maybe not a good comparison. I did, however count drops of one of my flavors and found it no where near accurate. For me 99 drops measured 2ml using a spearmint flavor from flavor west. ymmv.

:)

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
It took me 80 drops to get to about .9 ml with the little dropper thing, but it was water, not PG or flavorings.

Steve, that's what I was thinking. I want a 10ml graduated cylinder with .1ml markings. I hope they make that. I'm wondering if any of the local stores have anything. I'd rather not wait for Amazon. to deliver it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread