All our posts are showing up immediately in an on line magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
For some reason there are several online sites linked to this, and copy Original Posts word for word. All response posts are normally not copied though. Majority of the time the OP is never credited and is done by an automated posting system. Unfortunate plagiarism...

EDIT: This Souce has been updated to actually include original sourced information. Not technically Plagiarism..

Last edited:

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
Indeed Super Stack. I believe he/she remembers.

I remember discovering of these specific 'Scraper' sites, months ago. Before I had joined as an official member, but was still an avid ECForum-goer and reader. This was back in November.. :(

I was quite sure that SJ and the 'usuals' were familiar with it. I could be incorrect, however..

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
I really don't see a problem with this. It only ups the interest in this forum, and it's good for the advancement of pvs by having another tasteful site on the web promoting a healthier way to enjoy our 'habit'.

After looking it over, I also doubt that it's taking EVERY post on this forum. Perhaps one of every 25 or so, or it looks for keywords. - Not sure.

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
Yeah, this was discussed a while back. It's not actually plagarism, because it correctly attributes the source, and links back to here.

Thanks. You're right Yvilla. If I remember correctly, previously, those sites were not attributing any original sources of the information. Now this site seems to provide a link.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I've written to those sites to insist that they give due credit to the forum. I think they all have now.

I'm not sure what I think about it really - as has been said, maybe they give us extra visibility. Fact is, though, they are all "get rich quick" sites which try to sucker people into making purchases that they be better off making after doing some research here.

I guess the main thing is that I just haven't had the time to do any more that I've already done.

If you come across any more of these sites, please let me know - I am keeping a list.

Take care all,

SJ

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread