ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
This is REALLY starting to .... me

Only on ECF...

Have to open chrome instead, makes Tapatalk functionally useless for ECF

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Yep same here and with the lack of any response it's obvious they really could care less. Now if this was affecting ad revenue maybe things would be different.

Stressing again that this is unique to ECF for none of the other forums I belong to has this issue.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
We have no control over how Tapatalk works as it's completely self contained and run by the folks at Tapatalk itself. We can have Oliver ask them what's up, but this is not an ECF issue.
It's a plugin with the API's for the forums software to interact with TapaTalk. The issue is either the way the plugin is working within XenFro software or most likely the problem is with the network. In any case ECF needs to open a ticket with it's hosting company and TapaTalk. Bottom line is yes, ECF is responsible.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Also worth mentioning that trying to open a post in browser from Tapatalk is hopelessly broken as well, so to view a post with a pic you have to close Tapatalk, then go to browser, then find the thread (often by search if it's not recent) and then be able to see the pic

A LOT of faffing about

Please for the love of God fix it

ECF is becoming a pain to use away from a browser, which is an extra pain away from the desktop

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
While I enjoy and use ECF I do wish they had left well enough alone. It is slower to load and the errors are beyond annoying. The improved search function is the only positive that I've noticed. They no longer support the skin I use and I now seriously doubt when it is no longer usable that I will stay.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
you guys did delete ecf from tapa, then add "EC Forum" afew months back, right? And then not auto login, type it manually

Yup Dan, i only added ECF on my Tapatalk Pro recently, so wasnt using an autologin - i know that bug. I removed and readded ECF in any case, similar to what you describe, as we had to do that for AVF/VIA in the past.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Doffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread