All these different EHPro and Tobecco Kayfun clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

levander

Aug 23, 2013
Atlanta
I was scanning YouTube videos last night and was searching this forum earlier today. Because I can't find a page that describes this stuff, it would take me hours and hours to rummage around the internet, piecing together what I want to know.

i just looked on Madvapes.com, and apparently EHPro makes five different Kayfun clones. Does anyone know the difference between all these clones?

Like. I know originally, there were two Kayfuns. The Kayfun and the Kayfun lite. I think the difference was that the lite was a little smaller and didn't have airflow control. But now apparently there are a bunch of versions and it's a real pain to figure out what all the differences are.

One thing I've seen about the Kayfuns is that the airflow adjustment screw is on the bottom of the tank? So you have to take the tank off your mod to adjust the airflow? Why did they do it like that? On my Aerotank, there's just a little wheel you turn easily with your fingers, and you can do it while the tank is still on the mod. Also not sure why they made the Kayfuns so you need a screwdriver...

Just from reading around, I'm pretty sure. I'm gonna get an EHPro and not a Tobecco. But I put Tobecco in the title because I'm interesting in hearing from Tobecco fans too as to variances in their mods, and any specific functionality advantage they may have over the EHPros...

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Kayfun, original authentic and clone, had a secondary base piece to it that you had to remove to fill it and an airflow control on the side. The secondary base also had an adjustable 510 positive screw.
KFL removed the secondary base section and put the 510 connection on the normal base with no adjustability and no airflow control.
KFL+ had an adjustable airflow.
KFL+ V2 had a recessed fill hole that is flat bottomed and a rubber O ring on the screw as all the others do leak around the fill screw.

The EHPro, IMHO, is the best clone. It comes with both a full clear plastic tank, the clear center plastic tank section and the SS center section.
The Tobeco has an adjustable 510 positive screw but isn't manufactured as well and doesn't come with any plastic tanks sections.
The HCigar isn't bad but the one I got had a smaller air hole (which I drilled out) and no full clear plastic tank sections. But it did come with a second top section and smaller set of top and bottom SS sections and a reduced top chimney sections to make it shorter in height and a plastic center section. The chimney threads are different on the Hcigar from the other brand so you can only use those shorter sections with the HCigar base. The tank sections, all of them, can be used on the other brands but the top chimney section sticks up to far.

It is almost impossible to find a Real One. They are either out of stock and production or no one carries them because the clones are so good.

There are 2 newer versions now. One that has 2 air holes and 2 adjustment screws and a second that has a side airflow adjustment screw.

In all honesty there is very few things that can go wrong in the production of these units so one works just as well as another.

Pick the 2 you like best, cost the less, and flip a coin. You really can't go wrong.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I've purchased a bunch of Kayfun clones, including Tobeco. The Tobeco version is good, but not great. The best version I've found so far is this one: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...fun-lite-plus-v2-style-rebuildable-atomizer-4
Many people think it is a black edition kayfun.

The manufacturer is unknown, but many people believe it from the same manufacturer that infinite sources their clones from.

I almost pulled the trigger on that one. The box actually does look exactly like the box Infinite sells their 3.1 in. What held me back was that I can get an Hcigar 3.1 for around the same price and it comes with the zippered pouch for storage. Overall however, I prefer the Ehpro Lite's. The long clear section works great for hubby. Makes it slightly lighter for his pocket. Also, the lite takes less time to break down for cleaning.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
The included nano kit bumps the price up. I ended up getting two kayfuns out of the deal by converting my Tobeco version to a nano using the kit, the Tobeco's window and deck; and kept the other one full size.

One thing that I should mention is that with that kit, I've had no issues with frozen threads like I have on all the others. Everything unscrews fairly easily. I haven't had to use a vice and pliers on it once. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread