All these newer MTL RTAs (Berserker, Siren V2 etc.) "better" than good ol' Kayfun Lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The Hastur matches the kayfun 4 and 5 for flavor if not exceeds in the flavor category, it also matches the airflow of the smallest possible kayfun (the 3 and v2) when you buy the inserts. It's simple to build, easy to wick and easy to fill.

(I never liked any of the other Kayfuns but the 4 and 5 because the draw was too tight and I found them a pain to fill)

I find it better than the Kayfun 4 and 5 for the ease of use, and let's face it I don't care for the juice control on the Kayfun 5 or the Taifun GT3 for that matter. That's a PITA.

It's more versatile for those of us who need more airflow than a toothpick in a shake will provide, and it's an overall win in the better than Kayfun category.

To top it off, those less privileged among us can afford a couple, instead of saving for months to buy just one.

That said, I don't like the fact the glass isn't well seated, and hopefully they will fix that in the future however it's not a deal breaker because if your careful after rewicking etc. Then you won't have a drop of leaking. That's a trade I'm willing to make for what I consider a superior product in many ways ..

So to answer your question, yes you can have an awesome MTL experience with some of these new RTA' s and thank God we can all afford one.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I tried most of the new MTL RTAs and loved the vape on the Hastur with the 1mm insert, but hated the 24mm size (same for the Berserker). When they drop the 22mm version of this bad boy I'm on it like a cheap suit!

Yeah I wasn't using mine on my provari I went and bought a tesla 120 nano steampunk mod for the looks cool factor and vaped on that

I was getting 4 days in between charging, I thought it was awesome!

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    My vote would be the kayfun prime, the hastur MTL RTA and berserker for MTL, all of them can really dial down the airflow.

Ares and the siren V2 are more open airflow, and the Ares is pot luck if get one that doesn't leak, the siren V2 really lacks in flavor IMO.

Kayfun prime is expensive if but a authentic one, but had 1 since they first came out and used daily and had zero problems with it, and no leaking.

Hastur is great for flavor and zero leaking too, only down point, is tricky to access the deck without dumping your juice.

Berserker great for flavor and tight airflow, but normally will gurgle or leak when top fill, so best to bottom fill it.

Also got 2 doggies, and are good flavor tanks, but being such a short tank, it does get a bit to warm on my lips when chain vaping.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I prefer my large Berserker in 2 ml configuration in my opinion there is more flavor and a more immediate draw. Saves me from having to bottom fill as well. I tried both and liked the short configuration, if I'd known it was coming would probably have held out for the 22 ml version, honesty.

The Berserker is the most unthirsty tank I've come across, for 2 ml capacity. I'm really not refilling it all the time (probably the amount I'm vaporizing) as it has such a tight draw.

Anna

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    The Siren V2 didn't do it for me.. being a die-hard KFL and Spheroid lover the Berserker mini has been the one for me, of the new MTL RTAs, that is in the same range, for me, with those beloved devices. I bottom fill mine as some have issues with top fill and gurgling. Building and wicking is super simple.
    I had put my Siren2 on the shelf after a couple days because although it was nice to set up and all, I was getting harsh hits all the time. .42 Ohms TC, 470F 20watt startup power. 316SS. my typical coil set up on all my MTL's.
    Don't know why it happens but I only use the KF5, Doggie, and Berserker now.

Reactions: stols001

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    I really like my Berserker but ofter get gurgling. I guess its from the wick touching the air (like what the Ares has improved on)? I thought it might be from the tank being loosened but it still happens occasionally.

Can someone help me about a problem with my KF5 ?
    I have 1 OG and 2 clones they all work equally well imo... one of them, I think the OG which I've had the longest, started giving me wavering ohms. While in setup on the ohm meter, it jumps from .10 to .20 ohms over the real (.43 ohms) Its not the wire connections... not shorting, but something else?

Also I dropped one and glass cracked and it all fell apart... I just saw JSL's vid about how to put the KF Prime back together and imagine its close enough.

• Optimistic

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    I have 1 OG and 2 clones they all work equally well imo... one of them, I think the OG which I've had the longest, started giving me wavering ohms. While in setup on the ohm meter, it jumps from .10 to .20 ohms over the real (.43 ohms) Its not the wire connections... not shorting, but something else?
    A newb guess might be that the 510 pin might need to be screwed in tighter?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    They are minimally better if at all. Must people, newer people, don't want a '57 Chevy Nomad. They want a snazzy Fiat 500.

I like my Kayfuns for what they are...Simple and good.

My listing of my toppers is up to 87. My various Kayfuns still are in the top 5.

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii

Also I dropped one and glass cracked and it all fell apart... I just saw JSL's vid about how to put the KF Prime back together and imagine its close enough.
    Someone posted while back in a KF thread something to me about the innards of the base needing to be refitted but i just went and got another clone and now cant find the posts...
    I have 2 KF5 on the bench and 2 running... Imo they give the most clean full flavor (even if not the most MTL) but I come from the DTL school anyway.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    update ; closed the 2 side holes so now the S2 just gets air from the center ala Kayfun v2.
    It's a lot nicer. Richer flavor & can still open airflow a bit if desired.
    Still think the large diameter chimney holds it back some though.
    Sure is ridiculously easy to coil, wick & fill.
    Glad you are enjoying your Siren more now!

• Agree

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2016
    GTA
    Personally lm a multi styled vaper, dl subohm, on occasion I even drip. As of late, I’ve gotten back into MTL. I have an OG Kayfun V5 and a couple of SXK clones, an Ares, Siren v1 and siren V2 24mm (lm a good bargain shopper). Well, there was a sale on the Siren but by mistake they put aside the the 2ml 22mm Siren V2 aside for me then when I got home I opened it (duh), now it is mine. Now I’m reading the 22mm smaller 2ml is better for flavour, is that correct? That sure would make me a happy camper :)

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    If any of you have been sitting on the fence and haven't tried a Berserker yet...this is a super opportunity to get 1 (or more), without spending much at all. Vapor Range has the 24mm size on sale for just $14.95. If you use the code "holiday10percent"...you get another 10% off = $13.46! They only have it left in Black now though, if color matters. They have Free S/H sitewide, too! Can't beat that total price for it anywhere!

Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RTA | 2ml 24mm mouth to lung atomizer

I am a MTL vaper at 10-12W and love my draw very tight..so tight that I actually had to mod my Kayfun V3 and Kayfun V5 and even my Kayfun Lite where I taped on hole because I found it too airy.

Then you should absolutely love the Berserker...both the full size and the Mini. They have 5 different AF sizes to choose from, and the smallest is only 0.8mm.

I hear there are new MTL RTAs out, the Berserker, Siren, Ares etc. and more coming out every day. I am wondering whether any of those is actually better, with better taste etc. as compared to the good old Kayfun? What are your experiences?

The Berserkers are hands down my all-time, absolute favorite, MTL RTAs. They meet and/or exceed every criteria I'd have, for 1 to be my favorite for the longhaul: flavor that's terrific, amazingly smooth vapor, a variety of AF hole sizes, an easy build deck, they don't leak, they're well-built, they're stingy on eliquid use, a compact size, and the drip tips are great feeling in my mouth. Added bonuses, to me, are that the 24mm comes with 2 different size tanks in 2 different materials, as well as 2 drips tips made of different materials. Bonuses for the Minis are the 3 different tanks and 2 different drip tips they come with. Also, each size Berserker comes in 4 different colors. I've yet to find anything I don't like about them.

Since trying my first one (a 24mm) about 4 months ago...they are my preferred all day every day tanks. Many other tanks just sit there unused now. I've stashed enough for my lifetime and probably a few friends, too. I don't even look at or consider buying any other MTL tanks now, because I finally don't need to! :)

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Yes the Berserker is pretty darn cool. My second tends to leak when I fill and found the post about turning it upside down and blowing to stop that... it is stingy on juices and I've found it needs a little persuading to get enough juice to the wick in between full vapes, but it definitely is a keeper and for ease of refilling.
    I use KF5, Berserker and Doggie Style.
    I'd have to say at this point the Doggie is my favorite because of consistent full flavor vaping and vapor for an MTL. With its small deck and regular screws you get no built-in help mounting a coil; use your 2 handed dexterity to hold the coil in place so it doesn't pull it too close to the post when tightening each screw, and don't overtighten the tank because you will be taking it off frequently with just 2.5ml capacity.
    The worst thing about it is the AFC ring in my experience; it just is a pain when refilling. i cant even unscrew the tank with it on and I have to pry it off just to start the refill process,then put it back on which is not so easy imo, and I just leave it off, meaning its at its widest opening, but hell, its just the most consistently satisfying vape I've ever had. I almost shelved it in favor of another Berserker, and I'm glad I didn't!
    With all its little hang ups, I'm just glad I have them since they just vape so damn well.

Last edited:

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    Personally lm a multi styled vaper, dl subohm, on occasion I even drip. As of late, I’ve gotten back into MTL. I have an OG Kayfun V5 and a couple of SXK clones, an Ares, Siren v1 and siren V2 24mm (lm a good bargain shopper). Well, there was a sale on the Siren but by mistake they put aside the the 2ml 22mm Siren V2 aside for me then when I got home I opened it (duh), now it is mine. Now I’m reading the 22mm smaller 2ml is better for flavour, is that correct? That sure would make me a happy camper :)
    I only have the larger Siren 2's, but I think stols001 prefers the smaller version.

Stop that! I have enough!
    Phhht! Like saying you have enough great sex already :pervy:

Yes the Berserker is pretty darn cool. My second tends to leak when I fill and found the post about turning it upside down and blowing to stop that... it is stingy on juices and I've found it needs a little persuading to get enough juice to the wick in between full vapes, but it definitely is a keeper and for ease of refilling.
    I use KF5, Berserker and Doggie Style.
    I'd have to say at this point the Doggie is my favorite because of consistent full flavor vaping and vapor for an MTL. With its small deck and regular screws you get no built-in help mounting a coil; use your 2 handed dexterity to hold the coil in place so it doesn't pull it too close to the post when tightening each screw, and don't overtighten the tank because you will be taking it off frequently with just 2.5ml capacity.
    The worst thing about it is the AFC ring in my experience; it just is a pain when refilling. i cant even unscrew the tank with it on and I have to pry it off just to start the refill process,then put it back on which is not so easy imo, and I just leave it off, meaning its at its widest opening, but hell, its just the most satisfying vape I've ever had. I almost shelved it in favor of another Berserker, and I'm glad I didn't!
    With all its little hang ups, I'm just glad I have them since they just vape so damn well.
    For me, I have to put the Prime clones and the doggystyle in my top MTL spot. I may be able to tease a choice between the two out in time. They are such different tanks, but each has it's advantages, and are very enjoyable to use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread