Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
The more I get into this stuff, the more I enjoy it [4 weeks no butts], and the more questions I have. Here goes.

1. The Triton instructions call for replacing the coil when I experience a persistent burnt taste. Is there any visual indication that the coils have had it, or is it purely a taste thing?

2. I've been topping up my Tribeca Triton tank as it gets happily vaped away. I've noticed that the new juice is considerably lighter colored than what's in the tank. Is my approach ok, or should I occasionally vape it till almost gone (or occasionally dump the old stuff (sacrilege)) and start with a completely fresh batch?

3. I saw on another thread that the way to clean G6 cartomizers is to immerse for a short while in boiling water then let dry. Doesn't this damage the outer "wrapper"? Could I do a vodka or PGA soak instead?

4. Although I'm happy with Tribeca (and growing happy with Voodoo), naturally enough I thought I should experiment with some of the other highly rated or popular juices. Tried a HHV and Boba. They didn't steep for more than a few days. Is it just my palate, or are they truly no where near as good as Halo's? Both of them gave me a sharp, tart, prickly tongue sensation which was difficult to clear. Any thoughts on this? Good grief that's a silly question, I'm going to get plenty of thoughts on this!:rolleyes:

My VV arrived today; no doubt it'll result in a new thread with all kinds of VV questions.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
The more I get into this stuff, the more I enjoy it [4 weeks no butts], and the more questions I have. Here goes.

1. The Triton instructions call for replacing the coil when I experience a persistent burnt taste. Is there any visual indication that the coils have had it, or is it purely a taste thing? They get darker, and you'll see burnt grungus on both wicks that doesn't easily rinse off.

2. I've been topping up my Tribeca Triton tank as it gets happily vaped away. I've noticed that the new juice is considerably lighter colored than what's in the tank. Is my approach ok, or should I occasionally vape it till almost gone (or occasionally dump the old stuff (sacrilege)) and start with a completely fresh batch? I use maybe 3 tankfuls, on the last, vape it down kinda low, then clean. VooDoo is only 2 tanks; it's dark and thick

3. I saw on another thread that the way to clean G6 cartomizers is to immerse for a short while in boiling water then let dry. Doesn't this damage the outer "wrapper"? Could I do a vodka or PGA soak instead? I haven't tried boiling them, I shae your concern. I rinse well under hot tap water (with tongs), then I soak in distilled, unless the prev juice was strong, then I soak in vodka.

4. Although I'm happy with Tribeca (and growing happy with Voodoo), naturally enough I thought I should experiment with some of the other highly rated or popular juices. Tried a HHV and Boba. They didn't steep for more than a few days. Is it just my palate, or are they truly no where near as good as Halo's? Both of them gave me a sharp, tart, prickly tongue sensation which was difficult to clear. Any thoughts on this? Good grief that's a silly question, I'm going to get plenty of thoughts on this!:rolleyes: Haven't tried them, but Halo's eLiquids are superb

My VV arrived today; no doubt it'll result in a new thread with all kinds of VV questions.

My comments above in red.

Well, why didn't you say so in the first place? lol

The VV might dial in the HHV and Boba. Also, anything you had sampled previously could be very different on the VV.

And as long as you find the "sweet spot", you are using the right ohm coil. If you have to go above 4.8V, you need lower ohm coils.

Enjoy the VV

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
Boba's is a heavy juice, and I find heavy juices kill a G6 tank fairly fast. These juices always go in the Triton.

I soak my tanks overnight with water, but most folks prefer vodka. Heating plastic to boiling temperate is not a good idea for health reasons alone; but I don't use microwaves either, so take it for what its worth.

As far as Boba goes, give it a little time. Even if its not great after three weeks, still keep it. Your tastes may change or it may grow on you. You may have heard that even Boba's zealots were not crazy for the juice in the beginning.

If your getting a burnt taste and your on a VV, then the voltage is too high. Just because a device can go up to 4.8 volts, doesn't mean you should vape at that voltage. Even if a juice falls within the "correct volatage range" (Google Vaping Power Chart) some juices can still have a burnt taste. For example, even though 4.0 volts is within range of vaping on a 2.0 ohm coil, Twisted Java tastes horrible and has a faint burnt taste. However, Midnight Apple is perfect at 4.0 volts on the same coil. Others may disagree with me, but that is the beauty of VV.

Halo really has awesome juices, but I have been very disappointment when trying other vendors, at least until recently (Vapor Chef and Alice in Vapeland gave me hope). But I'm mostly a desert/candy vaper and had to continue on my juice journey outside Halo, but no one has come close to my favorite - Twisted Java!

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
But I'm mostly a desert/candy vaper and had to continue on my juice journey outside Halo, but no one has come close to my favorite - Twisted Java!

Hope that helps.
Yes, thanks. But, tell me, since I've had an urge for a dessert kind of flavor, what do you suggest, kind of cakey?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Yes, thanks. But, tell me, since I've had an urge for a dessert kind of flavor, what do you suggest, kind of cakey?

(shhh, yo, come here, you..... listen, i shouldn't be saying this on the halo thread, but since they don't make cakey, you have to try Alice in Vapeland. strawberry cupcakes and all sorts of dessert types. Do not go to MsTs Bakery, it'll take you 2 months to get your order. check out the juice threads)

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
Alice in Vapeland

Halo doesn't have any cake juices, so I can't see them getting upset.

That is exactly who I was going to recommend; get the sampler. The only issue with them is you can only order on Tuesday. Vaper Chef is also a good choice for fruit flavors. I like Pink Spot for candy juices, but I have a problem with their prices, especially on shipping.

Last edited:

Imprint

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Icy Tower, USA
newyork13, for cleaning I rinse with a hot tap water really well (I use the spray nozzle at my kitchen sink to power out any juices), then blow out water from the center, then let air dry. I do this with both the mini tanks and the Triton tanks.

But once in a while (ok I've only done it once so far), I have given everything a long soak in hot tap water with a denture cleaner tablet. Gotta say, my first experience using that to clean was very positive. All the wicks came out brilliantly white (and I have used some juices in the Triton tank especially that get very very dark and very very thick), and the coils were all pristine, the smells were gone. Nice and easy.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
newyork13, for cleaning I rinse with a hot tap water really well (I use the spray nozzle at my kitchen sink to power out any juices), then blow out water from the center, then let air dry. I do this with both the mini tanks and the Triton tanks.

But once in a while (ok I've only done it once so far), I have given everything a long soak in hot tap water with a denture cleaner tablet. Gotta say, my first experience using that to clean was very positive. All the wicks came out brilliantly white (and I have used some juices in the Triton tank especially that get very very dark and very very thick), and the coils were all pristine, the smells were gone. Nice and easy.
I gotta try the denture cleaner method. I have a few gunked coils that might be revived.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
My cake flavor is alice, zombie apocolypse, crunkberry and cupcakes, and white rabbit for a pecan white choc turtle.

HALO, MAKE A CAKE FLAVOR,,pleeease

Yes, I second the motion. Halo needs to make a cake flavor to prevent my infidelity.
Does Halo read these forums?

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
NO! more savory flavors!

complete Thanksgiving dinner! with cranberry sauce and giblets! GIBLETS!

Chicken Cordon Bleu!

Steak and Taters!

Pork Chops and Apple Sauce!

Escargot! SNAILS!

We share many gastronomic inclinations. But, please, down my gullet not in my lungs.;)

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Yes, I second the motion. Halo needs to make a cake flavor to prevent my infidelity.
Does Halo read these forums?

(shhhhh, yo, .... yea, you, .... come here, listen, halo does read dis stuff. i've seen guys get popped for it. so listen, we was like never here, capishe? as long as we don't do sompin stupid like link to a competitor. but dey do check it out, and dez aware of the significant lack of the dessert stuff. maybe it ain't der turf, yanowaddie mean? now lets go to the contest and win you up somethin)

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Halo doesn't have any cake juices, so I can't see them getting upset.

...stepping away from Moonswanni, lest the Halo Thunder gods, or (spacekitty) smite her...(for not behaving herself)...ahem. In the words of the 'aforementioned spacekitty'..." this is NOT the place to be posting about those sort of things... Please remember where you are!!" ...JUST KIDDING FOLKS!!!! (...but the Diva never forgets) :evil::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread