Allergies, the reason why I'll be vaping at home, and only at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year. I knew it was coming. It never fails. The one week out of the year, that I absolutely hate. I walk around with red, strained, itchy eyes. A sore itchy through. A runny, itchy nose...

... you get the point.

It's allergy season, luckily it only lasts a week for me. As the grass starts to become green, the trees sprout new leaves, and flowers start to blossom. It's a beautiful sight, for a moment. Then, like sucker punch to the face. My allergies get the best of me. I suddenly despise nature, for the time being. I drag my feet, I hang my head, I mope, I pray and pray, and wish things would finally end.

Since I started vaping, I've had people approach me with awe. Some think it's awesome, others think it's not. Most know it's an electronic cigarette, others think it's a drug delivery system.

Since it is allergy season, I will take precaution. I don't want this whole vaping thing to blow up in my face. My community is small, and impressionable. I've been promoting this smoking alternative since I started. The last thing I need is a stoner or random idiot to start pointing their stubby fat fingers at me, and ultimately ruining my progress.

Allergies, it's just one week. Self medicate myself, possibly lock myself indoors, and vape. Until this whole thing blows over.

No offense to the stoners on this forum, as you can see I strategically separated you from the random idiots...

... and if you think your one of the 'random idiots' I'm talking about, then your probably an idiot.

Pardon my language.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
I sure hope everyone is this conscientious in situations like this. At least, until e cigs finally get the recognition for what they actually are. I know how bad allergies can be and I've been asked if I had the flu, if I was stoned / drunk or did not sleep for more than 24 hours.

Little tip: bee's pollen (found in the supplement section of natural food stores) works wonders for seasonal allergies. The trick is to eat a whole bottle of 60-90 caps in one day. It sure is not really much fun as you don't eat much else that day, but I had very bad hay fever for months every summer to the point it was dangerous for me to drive on some days. My allergies where completely gone a couple of days after the treatment (okay, I still sneeze about once a week, that's it!). I had to re-do the treatment this year, almost 20 years later.

DianeS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Slower Lower DE, USA
I also tend to suffer allergies year round, mainly cause I went from growing up near water to being inland next to a flipping 1000 acre farming field that stupid owners corrode in chicken manure & lime 3 times a year. The water bodies are great for sucking out the pollen, then again my town wasn't a farming area, just a nice lil seaside town in the NE.
Chronic sinusitis has actually changed the sound of my voice from all the post nasal drip, I sound like Becall with a nice croaky voice, heheh. But just getting into vaping, since they want to outlaw it here in DE but promote mary j makes me say to heck with it, let them think I'm smoking mary, at least that's gonna be legal. (snort)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm allergic to grass, strangely enough. So this time of year, everybody and their damn brother is out there mowing the grass, and I hide in the house. Just driving past someone mowing the grass just about brings on an asthma attack. I run the AC in the truck on "recirc" so no outdoor air comes in, but it doesn't help that much.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Andria,
You're lucky that your truck has recirc, my ford ranger doesn't so I'm SoL sometimes. After all these years with it I just deal with it but it sounds like I'm nowhere near as bad as you.

Well I'm not incapacitated, though I do have to be careful not to breathe anywhere near where someone is cutting the grass, but I'm not sure that the problem is entirely the grass. As a child, I had a lot of allergies with certain petrochemicals -- when we'd have a cook-out, I'd have to stay indoors the entire time the BBQing was going on, because of that fire-starter stuff so many people squirt on the coals to get them going. I notice that lawnmowers give me a huge problem, but I think it may be the gas+oil burning, as much as the grass. We got my husband an electric lawn mower, and it makes it a lot more tolerable for me, when he's cutting the grass around our house.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread