Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Tomas_Cobain, can your mod do TC/TCR?

As Chromium and Nickel can cause allergic reactions.

Nickel-free austenitic stainless steels for medical applications

Because it looks like if you are having an allergic reaction to stainless steel, you'll probably have to use Titanium under TC/TCR mode.

Or even change device to a Usonicig, a ultrasonic vape mod.

But do go and see a trained medical professional as soon as possible to discuss this further.

Best wishes, take care.

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Okay i am having a bad reaction to i think is the coil of my vape and not the pg, i am allergic to nickel and i think to khantal too, i want to use some coils of ss but they have nickel some of then, what do you think? im am from argentina and i dont know what coils with only ss exists or titanium, bless.
ss316 L contains Nickel at 10-14 %, I don't know if that amount is capable for such issue.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Okay i am having a bad reaction to i think is the coil of my vape and not the pg, i am allergic to nickel and i think to khantal too, i want to use some coils of ss but they have nickel some of then, what do you think? im am from argentina and i dont know what coils with only ss exists or titanium, bless.

If I'm not mistaken, you are looking for factory coils?

If you are building your own simple coils you can always use 430 stainless steel as it has no nickel in it. You might want to think about getting an RDA or RTA so you can control what kind of wire you're using :)

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Hi Tomas! I remember you from that other thread about asthma? Man, I hate to be the black sheep here, but you know you better not take anything into your lungs especially you have allergies and asthma. My GF in high school have chronic asthma and she's allergic from peanuts, to shrimp and anything in between. In her case, any allergic reaction will surely trigger major asthma attack. Those were the days I am learning to smoke and one day when she smelled me right after I smoked, my smell triggered her asthma attack. She was hospitalized for a week and her mom looks at me like she wants to kill me. Imagine a week in hospital and the bills.

Now seeing you from that thread to here, I imagine you may be having a hard time looking for what works for you? All I can tell you in this thread is that there are ceramic coil heads out there. But even if you get some, you may still be allergic to PG, certain flavors and what not. I wish you luck mate. I hope you find what works for you and never smoke if you don't. I feel sad about your case. But I think you shouldn't inhale anything but clean air.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I react poorly to PG, it irritates my mouth. Nothing severe but it is unpleasant. Mix your own nicotine and VG. If it is too thick you can thin it with distilled water. The experts in the DIY section tell me that 1ml of water will thin VG as much as 4ml of PG. No flavoring is used.
I mix 100 ml using 18 ml of VG nicotine, 78 ml VG and 4 ml water.
I don't care for Nickle and use Stainless 403 from Unkamen who claims that it has no Nickle.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I have a Nickel "sensitivity" in vaping, and a Nickel "intolerance" per food.
So, this is something that I know a little bit about (just on the level of personal experience).

What I've read most often is that a Nickel sensitivity per vaping is most frequently associated with sore throat type symptoms. Most folks stop using Nichrome wire with this discomfort, and so it's hard to say what other symptoms may result from prolonged use (see ↓ "food" symptoms)
Yes, the 10-14% Nickel in SS (300 series alloys) is plenty enough to cause a reaction.
Kanthal, however, should cause absolutely no problems. So, if you're pretty sure you're reacting to Kanthal as well, then most likely not a Nickel-related problem.
I vape SS 430, and can vape Kanthal (but don't, because it seems to crud up much more quickly with nic salts).

FYI & BTW, a Nickel "intolerance" (per food) often results in skin issues (itchy, rashy, "eczema" type stuff, and itchy zitty face type-style stuff too betimes).

Last edited:

Tomas_Cobain

Dec 26, 2018
Hi Tomas! I remember you from that other thread about asthma? Man, I hate to be the black sheep here, but you know you better not take anything into your lungs especially you have allergies and asthma. My GF in high school have chronic asthma and she's allergic from peanuts, to shrimp and anything in between. In her case, any allergic reaction will surely trigger major asthma attack. Those were the days I am learning to smoke and one day when she smelled me right after I smoked, my smell triggered her asthma attack. She was hospitalized for a week and her mom looks at me like she wants to kill me. Imagine a week in hospital and the bills.

Now seeing you from that thread to here, I imagine you may be having a hard time looking for what works for you? All I can tell you in this thread is that there are ceramic coil heads out there. But even if you get some, you may still be allergic to PG, certain flavors and what not. I wish you luck mate. I hope you find what works for you and never smoke if you don't. I feel sad about your case. But I think you shouldn't inhale anything but clean air.
definitive i cant vape mate :(, yesterday i vape with some ss and pure vg without nicotine and flouvers and my asthma reacts :( i think i will never vape again, im so sad :(

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
definitive i cant vape mate :(, yesterday i vape with some ss and pure vg without nicotine and flouvers and my asthma reacts :( i think i will never vape again, im so sad :(

Many folks myself included have mild to severe reactions to VG.
From tight chest, heavy feeling in chest, raspy sound in lungs, shortness of breath to unable to take a deep breath up to difficulty taking a breath.

Just me, I vape 50/50 with no issues, a dozen or so vapes per day of 40pg/60vg not usually a problem, 1 - 4 vapes per day of 70% or above triggers a very undesirable response that can take a few hours to subside.
If I were to take a dozen or so hits from 70% or more VG liquids within an hour, I'd be in severe distress, the effects would take at least several hours to a couple days to fully return to normal.

I do not have COPD or asthma. I can only imagine the consequences of vaping high % VG for people that do.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia

Worst news to hear mate! :cry: Believe me when I say I feel you and I sincerely wish you the best! Your post made me think what is it about smoking, and eventually vaping that we somehow need it. I wish you don't smoke again man. I guess we just need something to relax ourselves during those few minutes of free time? For that I have nothing good to offer, but good luck! May you have the best of health from here! It's not the end for any of us. Something good is always out there, waiting, and just needs to be found. Cheers mate! See you around!

• Agree
Reactions: Tomas_Cobain

Tomas_Cobain

Dec 26, 2018
Worst news to hear mate! :cry: Believe me when I say I feel you and I sincerely wish you the best! Your post made me think what is it about smoking, and eventually vaping that we somehow need it. I wish you don't smoke again man. I guess we just need something to relax ourselves during those few minutes of free time? For that I have nothing good to offer, but good luck! May you have the best of health from here! It's not the end for any of us. Something good is always out there, waiting, and just needs to be found. Cheers mate! See you around!

thank you brother, I'm going to start swimming to distract myself and I'll probably buy some nicotine patches, thank you to reply me, wish you the best!

Tomas_Cobain

Dec 26, 2018
Tomas_Cobain, sorry to hear that. You don't have much luck do you.

We never asked what setup your using and how you're using it? Could you tell us please.

im using a minikin reborn and a mad dog gta, with my allergy to nickel i buy this coils that they sold me as khantal, i dont know if they are khantal.
10Pcs-MKWS-Alien-Clapton-Coil-A1-ss316L-NI80-Prebuilt-Coils-Heating-Wire-For-DIY-RDA-RTA.jpg_640x640.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread