Allergy to PG? Is PG safe to put on skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
I know it's possible, not likely, to have an allergy to PG. I get red itchy bumps all over and my dermatologist says it's probably an allergy to something. We ruled out everything else. After changing all my soaps, laundry soap, shampoos, and other stuff I still have symptoms. But allergists are expensive with no insurance so I'm reluctant to go see one. I mitigate most of the symptoms with large amounts of moisturizing lotion. It keeps it all at bay.

The one thing I do I haven't changed is vape. I use 90% PG, 10% VG, and Nic. I never use flavors. So, I'm thinking about testing myself for allergy to PG. Perhaps put some pure PG on a band-aid and wear it for a few hours or a day. That sounds safe, right?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I had dry skin issues when I used PG. Psoriasis-like. Gradually moved to full VG. ...all good in that department now.
Since you don't use flaovrs, you won't miss them going to VG if you so choose. VG blunts them awfully. I'm flavorless as well. It can also cut throat hit down a bit, but that's more easily overcome than the flavor matter.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can actually develop PG sensitivity over time, I did. I can't use more than 10% or I get nasty pins and needles sensations.

I think the above poster is right. if INHALING it is what is causing the issue, applying it to the skin won't tell you much. You are better off clouding it up for a few weeks to see if that is what is going on. Possibly. I'm not an allergist or any kind of doctor,.

As a social worker/therapist, I can only help you if your PG issue is somatic. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: susieqz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread