Allergy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

snippitygirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada
I have been vaping 100 % since January 5th. Until then I still used analogs primarily. Since I have been strictly vaping, I have had strep throat 3 times. My throat feels raw every evening, and now I am wondering if it may be an allergy to liquids. I'm wondering if there is a way to tell the VG liquids from the PG liquids? Some of my liquids are pinkish and some are yellow. I ordered different flavors from different suppliers before I really knew what it was all about (and still really don't). Just wondering if I stick to a certain kind if that could make a difference with the throat reaction.

I guess my question is...has anyone else experienced reactions from certain liquids? And which ones are more mild for that? I really don't want to stop vaping, as I really enjoy it (great stress reliever), and will not go back to analogs ever again!

:confused:

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I have been vaping 100 % since January 5th. Until then I still used analogs primarily. Since I have been strictly vaping, I have had strep throat 3 times. My throat feels raw every evening, and now I am wondering if it may be an allergy to liquids. I'm wondering if there is a way to tell the VG liquids from the PG liquids? Some of my liquids are pinkish and some are yellow. I ordered different flavors from different suppliers before I really knew what it was all about (and still really don't). Just wondering if I stick to a certain kind if that could make a difference with the throat reaction.

I guess my question is...has anyone else experienced reactions from certain liquids? And which ones are more mild for that? I really don't want to stop vaping, as I really enjoy it (great stress reliever), and will not go back to analogs ever again!

:confused:

Just by sight, no I don't think there's a way to tell. Although I will say in my experience VG liquids are significantly thicker than PG. BUT when they're mixed together, there's really no way to no how much of which went into the mix.

Some people are sensitive/allergic to PG, others VG. Without knowing which you have, it's difficult to give advice ... other than invest in some only-PG liquid and see if that helps, and do the same with only-VG liquid.

From what you describe I'd guess that it's VG that's irritating your throat, but that is only a guess ... supported by the fact that strep is caused by bacteria and PG is a natural germicide, and thus should help prevent this type of infection.

Jan

Oh, and I should add that yes, I am sensitive to VG which causes throat irritation, shortness of breath/chest tightness, and some wheezing when I use it in too high a proportion to the PG in my niquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread