Almost 2 months in as a nonsmoker... MAJOR changes in my health?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I don't want to jinx it, but... I think I'm healed? :laugh: I was plagued with some pretty serious and disabling health problems for a long time that I don't like to get into here, but almost two months in vaping 6-12mg:

-I have taken one prescription pain pill and one OTC aspirin (compared to 4-6 aspirin daily and several Rx pain pills a week).

-I have been able to get up and exercise consistently for the first time in a year and a half without making myself really sick.

-My depression is gone. I stopped taking the Effexor because I no longer needed it. I'm willing to start again if necessary, but my first few days vaping were enough to be able to go off it.

-resting heart rate is a little slower (5 bpm or so lower), maybe related to exercising.

-Appetite seems to be just right. I eat plenty, but I no longer munch all day and night out of boredom or difficulties sensing when I'm hungry/full. No more chronic nausea.

-Blood sugar is stabilizing in a normal zone, and I have very few severe hypoglycemia episodes anymore. This may be more related to being consistent with my diabetes meds.

-I haven't noticed a change in my "restless limb" problems, but I also haven't noticed any severe attacks (nothing more than moving my legs as usual... certainly no full body jerks anymore)

-I think I'm having fewer seizures (hard to tell, they are so small and quick I don't usually pay attention to them).

Overall, the illness(es) that were disabling me the most seem to be responding unbelievably well to nicotine. I've been able to get a job where I'm on my feet all day, whereas not long ago I had to use a walker or at least a cane if I needed to go farther than the kitchen. I've taken to calling this my personal nebulizer (or electric hookah, depending on the setting) because it works better than ANY drug I've ever taken. I was expecting help with the depression and movement disorders, but the reduction in pain and the long-term boost in energy were completely unexpected. :D

Ironically, the one thing I was trying to fix most (attention problems) seem to be about the same... ho hum! I will say that if I vape just the right amount I get more *motivated* to focus on work, which is a major improvement, but as I type this I'm switching back and forth between three websites and a paper. :laugh: Oh well! It also has not fixed my genetic disorder, but that's to be expected, obviously. :p

I have had a few minor side effects, but not nearly enough to make me stop vaping:

-occasional muscle vibrations/trembling

-occasional sore throat or coughing, sometimes coughing up clear phlegm

-rarely, dizziness, "high" feeling, and mild nausea

In a nutshell, I'm having great results with very few side effects, though it's difficult to find just the right dose. I've never had a drug work so well for me before, let alone one with such mild side effects. I'll try to post updates every few months if anyone is interested, especially since very few non-smokers have chronicled their health concerns/improvements with vaping. :)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
stillalive...it's great to hear you are doing better. It really makes me wonder now about smoking cigarettes. I could hardly walk 2 miles on a treadmill without being severly winded. Now it's a breeze. I love walking and exercising again. I've even used my PV while on it.

I love reading these kinds of success stories. I hope that the majority of your problems stay gone.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Thanks, me too! I know that a severe hormone problem (we think due to a head injury) was responsible for a lot of my extra pain and exhaustion, and since nicotine definitely affects hormones, perhaps it fixed that? I don't know.

I'm still not sleeping on a normal schedule, but the quality of sleep is a little better, and I think the schedule thing will come in time!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
m0155.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread