• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Almost ADD

Status
Not open for further replies.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Hi all!

I thought I'd post here, but my official diagnosis is odd. While I don't have full blown ADD, I have enough of the symptoms to make my life a bit difficult at times. Personally, I think I do have ADD, and I've been this way all my life. School was torture for me as a child. I could never finish my assignments, was easily distracted (still am), couldn't concentrate, etc. When I am able to focus on something, I can usually shut out distractions, but not always. Anyway, I thought I'd drop by to say hello. :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I never went for a diagnosis but know that my Mom had the symptoms, so do I, and my daughter and her daughter have been diagnosed ADD. It is a hard thing sometimes, especially growing up. Even at 57 I still do things without thinking that should have not been done. It is nice to talk about it to people that understand.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I never went for a diagnosis but know that my Mom had the symptoms, so do I, and my daughter and her daughter have been diagnosed ADD. It is a hard thing sometimes, especially growing up. Even at 57 I still do things without thinking that should have not been done. It is nice to talk about it to people that understand.

So true! For many years I thought I was just eccentric-for lack of a better word-in the way I did things. Then to find out there is actually a diagnosis that explains things! Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread