Almost two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
So here's my deal. I have been quitting (or trying, at least) for the past half or so year with my 510. I've gone weeks at a time, and I even made it a month when I first got it. But I messed up, and it lost its novelty.

So two weeks ago I go camping, and smoke seven packs of analogs. SEVEN. I had a bit of help with that, but I did the majority of them. I smoked the last one in my last pack on the way home in the car.

When I got there, I thought "I just won't buy any." And I've been sailin smooth with a record of NO cigarettes since then. I think I ruined cigarettes for myself, because I barely want one. Of course, after eating, and of course while drinking. But for the most part, I could care less. Neat little trick I did.

I feel great, I'm saving money, and I don't have to leave company to go stand in the cold. Go me, and go all of us who are just starting to make progress. We can do it!

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
I'm glad to hear you're back to vaping for the past couple of weeks. I'm sorry it's been such a rough transition. Cigarettes have a more powerful hold on some than on others. Hopefully you'll eventually become free of them without even trying.

I think it's great that you're focusing on the positive! :thumbs: Every time you vape instead of lighting up that's one more cigarette you didn't have, and that's what's most important. :toast:

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
Thanks all, and yes, I think this is it. I have an addictive personality, I have problems not smoking when I'm bored, and I know how many "other" chemicals in cigarettes are addicting. Plus I live in a house with three smokers where they smoke inside. I can aquire a cigarette ANY time I want by walking in the other room. Hell, I could get five. This makes it hard.

I also know my mind, and I can manipulate the hell out of myself, in a bad way. I've failed from just one cigarette too many times. Though the thought still occurs, I think it's too late for me to easily fall into my mental traps, and I think I have taught myself to know better after this point.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
I have an addictive personality,

I think we all do in here! :laugh:

I have problems not smoking when I'm bored, and I know how many "other" chemicals in cigarettes are addicting. Plus I live in a house with three smokers where they smoke inside.

This is probably the culprit. Three other people are doing the very behavior you're trying to stop doing, and they're doing it right in front of you. The fact that you've managed to cut down and even quit for weeks at a time in the face of that temptation is virtually heroic! :toast:

I can aquire a cigarette ANY time I want by walking in the other room. Hell, I could get five. This makes it hard.

Believe it or not, you'll probably reach the point of not being tempted by cigarettes once you've distanced yourself from them long enough, and I don't mean distance as in getting out of your house, but just not actively using them. It's a shame the people you live with are making it exceedingly hard for you to even do that. :( Any chance of interesting them in trying out vaping with you? :2cool:

I also know my mind, and I can manipulate the hell out of myself, in a bad way.

Ah, you're your own worst enemy! Then you must be strong and fight yourself valiantly! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread