Alright I'm Fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
I've had a 901, worked good but not enough to either help me switch from smoking or quit. Same thing with the 510, batteries don't last. Now I have a mini-pipe, and guess what? It barely feels like you're smoking anything, even with 5 star quality maintanence.

I don't have tons of money to throw around buying and trying new models until I get one that works for me. I think I speak for everyone when I say, we need an electronic smoking device that works and is failsafe. With all the tinkering and spending I'm doing with these e-cigs, I'm spending MORE money than I was originally spending while smokng cigarettes. The plan was to SAVE MONEY...

I'm just fed up with buying a new product and it not being satisfactory. I know people are going to post "oh my 901 works wonders idk whats wrong with you.." but you know what, if these things were all they were cracked up to be there wouldnt be the countless threads of people asking why they're product sucks. There needs to be a solution made here.

Yeah, I'd get a screwdriver, if it wasn't $100. Specially when it seems like the cost of the parts to make something like it would be about $30 at Home Depot. Same thing with the prodigy and gg.

All I'm saying is I want something to replace cigarettes. I don't want a subsitute for a short period of time. So far, that's been the case.

Dude it sucks that you haven't found a satisfactory replacement. The fact of the matter is that some people smoke for more than just the nicotine.

Some people enjoy the smoke smell... or they are just so used to it that they feel almost naked without that aura of toasted tobacco. I know know that I am a bit of a pyro, so regular interaction with fire to light the cigs was kind of a comfort to me as well. If you are one of these people then you may have a harder time than some. Oh, and just another though; I also think that some people subconsciously enjoy regular trips to the gas station to get the cigarettes, they actually are satisfied in someway by paying a daily maintenance and addiction fee. Masochistic I know... but I think it's a factor. Those people are the ones that can't go a week without ordering something for their e-cigs, be it hardware, liquids, accessories, etc. We're a strange species.

I personally started with a Blu cig starter kit. I quickly realized that their limited flavor selection and huge back order would not be dependable enough for me. I have since then switched to the 510 and about a dozen other eliquids. I have been cig free since June 11th.

I haven't had a battery issue with my 510. I find myself charging a battery 1 or 2 times per day, and that's it. But that's fine, it is also when I typically top off or refurb my carts with a new flavor. With the Blue I was charging batterries all day, about 6 times a day- that was a pile o' suck.

In my opinion I am having great success with the 510 because I use 36mg fluid. I feel the nicotine much faster than say a 18mg (so-called high strength). Here's my reasoning.... I used to smoke about 30 cigs a day, a pack and a half of full strenth Camels. That's about 36 mg of nicotine. I knew that with the 510 I could average about 1ml a day, thus reaching the 36mg. And it works for me.

I hope I helped a little with my psycho babble.

wanderlust

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
North Carolina, USA
Well, can't really argue with you on any of the points. It's frustrating and an expensive venture starting out. With my first purchase I could see the potential and the health benefits seemed promising enough to continue the pursuit. I can now say that I'm happy with the results (over 3 mos smoke free) and still searching for the "ideal" hardware but am reasonably happy with the assortment I have collected (lots of backups). My primary motive for vaping was for health reasons and I suspect that in the long run the monetary benefits will make it worthwhile as well. I wish you well in your own quest. For me the passthrough made all the difference.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Get a PCC for your Titan, and a passthough so you don't eat up batteries. Also they do make USB chargers for cigarette lighters in cars. Which would let you use your passthough there as well.

I'm about to open up my PCC and see if I can add a USB output so I can use my Passthough with it, but they do sell USB battery packs that are used for chargers that your passthough would work with as well.

I can get by with my Titan with two batteries already for hours already with my PCC, but a passthough connection on it would really help.

Also the phone batteries that you see at stores such as walmart are also 3.6v with those you can make a cheap screw driver. Charging them well would take a little thinking but not to much.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I can completely understand your frustration with members of this forum that advice new members that auto switch devices are just as good as the more expensive, manual switch devices and that you just aren't using it right or you need a different liquid. The 510 is considered a good manual device but due to the very short battery life, you need to have quite a few extra batteries and a way to charge them easily.

I and many others have been where you are at. It is why I only use the Screwdriver and Prodigy. In the long run I will save money due to the $2 batteries. And having the batteries last 7-8 hours also cuts down on the frustration level.

Sorry for your frustration.

Last edited:

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
If getting a couple of extra 510 batteries is too difficult for you, then you are probably right. You are not going to make it.. and nothing any of us can say or do will change that. You know what your options are and only you can decide what's best. I am sorry it didn't work out for you and hope you all the best.

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
I'd say if you do nothing else, at least switch to a higher nic content in your juice. If you still want a cig after vaping 36mg for half an hour then maybe e-cigs are not for you.

As for parts and batteries being so unreliable, you need to remember that this is a new industry. We are the guinea pigs. The technology can only get better from here. But I promise you have a better chance of switching with these, finicky as the are, than with any other method out there.

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
I actually don't really have a lot of parts. I only have two 510 batteries with matching atomizers, and the mini-pipe. That's only one atomizer, two batteries and carts.

I honestly don't think I have some sort of desire to go to the store and pay $5.75 for a pack of camel filters every other day. I do like cigarettes and the smell, but I like vaping more. It's just that I'm not getting enough out of my products here. My problem with the 510's is that I only have two batteries, and both my girlfriend and I vape so, immediate problem.

I thought about making my own type of sd or gg, but I'd probably mess it up and get even more mad hahaha.. I don't know, I just want something that works perfectly without the fuss. I mean I have cut down dramatically on cigarettes, whereas before I would be smoking 1 and 1/2 packs a day and now I'm at like 2-3 cigarettes a day.

Thing is, I like to smoke all day. I vape everywhere I can, like almost non-stop, not going to lie. Not exactly chain smoking but you know.. So battery life is a must, but I need a throat hit and yeah I do like to see some vapor come out. Sounds like a sd or gg or prodigy is my answer, again... guess I'll have to try to save up for one...

Thanks for all the feedback guys..

Mikie Likes It

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
In my opinion, if you are to successfully switch to electronic cigarettes, you will have to sacrifice some extra time also learn and adapt to new procedures to keep your unit vaping properly. I look at it is a hobby, I have a smoke box where I keep everything I need, a carrying case for 4 batteries, two atomizers, extra cartridges and liquid. I keep a charger at home, at work, and one in my car. It would prob cost you a total of $200.00 to get everything, but in my opinion it is completely worth it to avoid cancer, smell better, taste better, feel better, excercise more, not be out of breath and heart pounding when I go upstairs. etc.

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
Uh, quick note. I'm not like really "new" to e-cigs just so you all know. I do treat it like a hobby, you should see me cleaning them. It's like I'm building a fully functional mini-rocket ship or something.

That's the thing though.. I'm tired of having to "make it work". I want something that doesn't take so much magyvering. (not a real word)

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I actually don't really have a lot of parts. I only have two 510 batteries with matching atomizers, and the mini-pipe. That's only one atomizer, two batteries and carts.

I honestly don't think I have some sort of desire to go to the store and pay $5.75 for a pack of camel filters every other day. I do like cigarettes and the smell, but I like vaping more. It's just that I'm not getting enough out of my products here. My problem with the 510's is that I only have two batteries, and both my girlfriend and I vape so, immediate problem.

I thought about making my own type of sd or gg, but I'd probably mess it up and get even more mad hahaha.. I don't know, I just want something that works perfectly without the fuss. I mean I have cut down dramatically on cigarettes, whereas before I would be smoking 1 and 1/2 packs a day and now I'm at like 2-3 cigarettes a day.

Thing is, I like to smoke all day. I vape everywhere I can, like almost non-stop, not going to lie. Not exactly chain smoking but you know.. So battery life is a must, but I need a throat hit and yeah I do like to see some vapor come out. Sounds like a sd or gg or prodigy is my answer, again... guess I'll have to try to save up for one...

Thanks for all the feedback guys..
a couple of 510 batteries are as cheap as a couple of packs of smokes and will help u save up for that mod........(I agree splitting 2 batts between 2 people would never work)

good luck

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana

I don't think you should buy a mod with an unprotected battery. I don't think you should buy/use a box mod without having some understanding of how it's made. At that point you would see how easy it is to build your own. You and spouse could each have one for what you will pay for one.
I would be single if I had to share my batteries right now! Check out the modders forum.

edit: I don't think you should sell a mod with an unprotected battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread