AltCig "sweets" flavor review - TWO THUMBS down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caligally

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
California
I just got a bunch of flavors from AltCig. This was my first time ordering from them. I was happy to see all the juices so light in color, but the flavor is something else. I received Raspberry Shortbread cookie, Gooey Caramel Cookie, Sugar Cookie, Pudding Cake, Vanilla Love & Churo based on high reviews from their website. Well I'm hoping the NASTY aftertaste the Raspberry Shortbread Cookie gave is the reason they all seem to taste the same, but the fact they all smell the same is not a good sign. They have a fake artificial flavor that I cannot get out of my mouth. I don't even think steeping will make a difference. More money down the drain. *sigh* Highly disappointed in this vendor. The Churo does smell different, so hoping that all the good reviews I read about it are true. But based on the others, not expected. I'm afraid to try it until I figure out a way to get this nasty crapola out of my clearomizer!

caligally

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
California
Trying the Churo now and it is much better than the others. I still taste that "thing" that is in their sweet juices though. And I'm so turned off, I can't even vape the Churo any longer. I've rinsed and dry burned my cleoro twice now and I still smell/taste that damn Raspberry Shortbread UGH! Ganna need to throw this one away I guess. I'm so glad I didn't buy larger bottles of this stuff! haha

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Will Vodka work? I don't have PGA unless Vodka is considered PGA? LOL Sorry, still kinda new to all of this. And how would I put a few drops on the wick? I don't have a clearo that I can take a part.

Vodka will work. Can you see the wick? Can you reach it with a syringe? or just drip it in the mouth piece.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
O my, so sorry to hear u didn't care for the juices! Altcig is the only vendor that I have ever used that I vape nearly everything on their site!

Let me ask a few questions.....

Did u let them steep for 24 hrs with the tops off?
Did u shake the juice for a good 30 sec before loading it ?
Did u let it steep any longer after the 24 hr period?

I myself dont vape any juice from any vendor for at minimum 10 days, and usually at least 2 weeks. That has saved me a lot of frustration, I find with bakery or most sweet vapes .

The Rasp Short bread Cookie is one ppl either really like or don't care for because it is strong. I just loaded a carto of it myself tonight, it's about 2 weeks old and the cookie part is coming thru now, its just right for me. But I have to have super strong flavors.

Not sure what the single note is u speak of, I don't pick it up in any of the 30 plus bottles I have. Put it on a shelf for a week or so and revisit it, maybe it will turn around for u. Ymmv

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Sorry you aren't liking the altcig juices. Maybe sweet juices just aren't for you. But I would definitely give them a chance to steep and then try them again later before you write them off. I have found most of my altcig juices improve greatly with steeping time, tho spearmint gum is good to go right away and so was chilla nilla....most of them need at least some steeping, in my opinion...

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Glad you got your carto/atty cleaned out! I use vodka for everything anymore, even cleaning my drip tips.
Bummer you didn't like their juices. I haven't tried those flavors yet, but I do totally enjoy their Caramel Cappachino and their Irish Cream, in my rebuildable genesis atty. Oh, and the Gooey Batter Cake/cookie is good on the exhale in it.
I like their clear liquid and so far the flavors I've tried, but like I said, I haven't tried those yet. I would let them steep too, and retry in a few weeks.
I heard that the weird tastes we taste sometimes is due to there being extra flavoring added to the bottle. It needs to be super shaken before every use, and even during steeping, for the flavor to mix in with the vg/pg better.

caligally

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
California
I love sweet juices. The sweeter the better. It has nothing to do with them being too sweet. They leave a funny waxy aftertaste in my mouth that tastes very artificial to me. I tried them again last night and almost threw up from the taste. I'm sure they have other flavors that are not that way. I'm finding I do like the Churo. But the other bakery juices all have a weird taste. But then again, everyone has different taste buds. For me, they are nasty. For others, it might be something they really enjoy.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
caligally,

I've bought and enjoy many AltCig juices. Still, I know what you're writing about. There's something across the entire AltCig line of juices---I call it a "signature base tone" for lack of a better term. Some vendors have a particular sub-flavor that seems to be in almost every flavor they create and sell. KickBassVapor is another example. With AltCig, it's not so much a "chemical" taste as a synthetic or artificial tone.

As it happens, when I vape AltCig juices, my brain says, "Ah, artificial, but so what? Still very tasty." Your brain says, "Ah, artificial---I want to puke." I had the same reaction to the signature "purity" base tone that Halo used until recently. What many people tasted with Halo juices as "pure and clean," my brain registered as hospital disinfectant or bug spray.

The great thing about this young vaping marketplace is that we have such a large number of wonderful vendors and lovely retail juices to choose from, not to mention the option of DIY. If AltCig doesn't work for you, consider VirginVapor for organically-flavored juices, PrimeVaping for authentic fruit flavors, and Vape-a-licious or Alice-in-Vapeland for sweet/dessert juices, to mention just a few. Sure, sampling vendors can get pricey real fast, but it's such fun!

In a recent informal poll thread for favorite juice vendor (still going, I think), the five top spots went to AlienVisions, BackwoodsBrew, Heather'sHeavenlyVapes, NiteLiteVapor, and HighbrowVapor. All have huge fan bases on ECF. (As an aside, AltCig was in the top 20---out of 143---and has an equally dedicated following. They're just not for you.)

caligally

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
California
caligally,

I've bought and enjoy many AltCig juices. Still, I know what you're writing about. There's something across the entire AltCig line of juices---I call it a "signature base tone" for lack of a better term. Some vendors have a particular sub-flavor that seems to be in almost every flavor they create and sell. KickBassVapor is another example. With AltCig, it's not so much a "chemical" taste as a synthetic or artificial tone.

As it happens, when I vape AltCig juices, my brain says, "Ah, artificial, but so what? Still very tasty." Your brain says, "Ah, artificial---I want to puke." I had the same reaction to the signature "purity" base tone that Halo used until recently. What many people tasted with Halo juices as "pure and clean," my brain registered as hospital disinfectant or bug spray.

The great thing about this young vaping marketplace is that we have such a large number of wonderful vendors and lovely retail juices to choose from, not to mention the option of DIY. If AltCig doesn't work for you, consider VirginVapor for organically-flavored juices, PrimeVaping for authentic fruit flavors, and Vape-a-licious or Alice-in-Vapeland for sweet/dessert juices, to mention just a few. Sure, sampling vendors can get pricey real fast, but it's such fun!

In a recent informal poll thread for favorite juice vendor (still going, I think), the five top spots went to AlienVisions, BackwoodsBrew, Heather'sHeavenlyVapes, NiteLiteVapor, and HighbrowVapor. All have huge fan bases on ECF. (As an aside, AltCig was in the top 20---out of 143---and has an equally dedicated following. They're just not for you.)

Great reply Billherbst! You are right, it's so expensive trying to find that sweet spot! I just received my first order from Heather's Heavenly today & Alice in Vapeland yesterday. So far so good for both companies from what I've tried. I'm not tasting that "thing" AltCig has. I also placed an order with Vapealicious which shipped today. Your reply makes me feel so much better about ordering from these other companies. I have purchased Highbrow in the past and loved a couple of his flavors. But was branching out for some new good juice. I just happened to get AltCig in the mail first which so turned me off to wanting to try new things. Hopefully the other three companies change my mind. Otherwise, I might need to stick to Highbrow since I know I love some of his stuff. I don't like tobacco flavors, sweets only. And so many companies seem to have a weird after taste. Maybe I have highly sensitive taste buds. I just hope I find some new stuff I love. At much as I love Highbrow, vaping the same stuff day in and day out gets old. Maybe I'll try Virgin Vapors & Primevaping next. =)

Cheers!

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't know, i'm not buying it' , never had a single juice from them that was bad. or had some wierd taste.
Pudding cake has something in it, that is a little off, but every other juice has been insanely good.

Your probably having a tastebuds issue, we all get those. Vaping alot of churro for days, and then going back to the others, takes a transition period. your tastebuds go a little wonky after alot of cinnamon, well known fact for any vendor that sells something with alot of cinnamon in it.

you should have gotten the banana milkshake and nanagram and vanilla bean ice cream... those are all incredibly good, and no aftertaste.

honestly i've tried almost every flavor, and never had any bad reactions or funny off tastes', except pudding cake.

I find Alticig ten times better than Ms T's stuff, been around a long time, and i'm glad i finaly found some juices that kick ars... i dont even stray anymore, hell, i like em so much i made a banner for her ! Sunny definitely knows how to make juices. and that new candy corn cookie is blowin me away.

I also think your Title was pretty rude. You cant say altic sweets two thumbs down, when you've only tried a few of em. thats not coool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread