Alternate ideas for carrying an eGo/Mod e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalGuitarist

Oct 11, 2013
NC
I'm a guy looking for some alternate ideas for carrying an eGo/mod e-cig.

One of the most common involves a pouch and a lanyard -- usually worn around the neck. Another involves a holster worn at the waist via a belt loop, clip, etc. To me... The former seems very functional, but the form is just too much of an eyesore. And the latter has a better form, but the functionality seems somewhat cumbersome. So does anyone have any alternate ideas for me....?

For example... Has anyone considered combining a pouch with a retractable key reel, to be worn at the waist? I see companies such as KEY-BAK offer various retractable key reels with some interesting features -- holds up to 15 oz, ball-joint lock, Kevlar cord, etc. Has anyone tried this type of approach? And if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I've been breaking my brain about the same thing, particularly about the bigger heavier mods (...and honestly for those holster are the only way IMO), your idea with a KEY BAK reel is actually a pretty good one for the smaller lighter ego / evod style PV's
holsters wouldn't work for me, cuz I hardly ever wear belts, I was thinking about maybe some armband type contraption like for a mini ipod thingy
:D

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I'm a guy looking for some alternate ideas for carrying an eGo/mod e-cig.

One of the most common involves a pouch and a lanyard -- usually worn around the neck. Another involves a holster worn at the waist via a belt loop, clip, etc. To me... The former seems very functional, but the form is just too much of an eyesore. And the latter has a better form, but the functionality seems somewhat cumbersome. So does anyone have any alternate ideas for me....?

For example... Has anyone considered combining a pouch with a retractable key reel, to be worn at the waist? I see companies such as KEY-BAK offer various retractable key reels with some interesting features -- holds up to 15 oz, ball-joint lock, Kevlar cord, etc. Has anyone tried this type of approach? And if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I've been trying to think of something other than the lanyard or holster as well, so I was glad to see someone else is also. I was in fact thinking about the retractable key reel thing but didn't know what they are called! Could attach it to the little lanyard collar (removed from the lanyard), I think, and one with a belt clip to the waistband of one's jeans/pants/even skirt if that's what you wear. Even to a pants pocket. I only use small form (eGo) ecigs at present so that would probably work, except for my iTaste vv v3. Sounds like you're using something bigger maybe but keep thinking - bet you can come up with something workable involving the reel thing. Let us know if you find a good solution!

DigitalGuitarist

Oct 11, 2013
NC
Great replies -- I really appreciate the feedback! And it's good to know I'm not alone on this topic :)

FWIW, I have a collection of eGo Twist & Vision Spinner clones with various tanks. And more recently, I'm really enjoying the Innokin iTaste line -- VV 3 & MVP 2. VTR looks very cool, but might be too heavy for me (~13.2 oz w/ battery & iClear 30S). Innokin makes a VTR holster, which seems to be too big for me, too. Yet if a KEY-BAK reel can hold up to 15 oz, then hmmm :). Also, for those that like the VV 3, I see there's a pouch w/ lanyard available for it. Not sure if it's made by Innokin, but the lanyard & pouch have the Innokin logo & iTaste tag (respectively). Even if you ditch the lanyard, the pouch looks nice (perfect size for VV 3, pseudo leather instead of plastic, etc).

I also enjoyed reading the creative ideas for re-purposing cases as pouches (flashlights, eyeglasses, etc). And making something custom out of leather scraps - great idea! I must admit the shirt with the fancy pocket wasn't for me, but I can see how it would be for others. The pocket approach just involves too many variables for me, in general.

Please keep sharing those alternate ideas!

Last edited:

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Since I am a girly girl, I will not wear a lanyard (reminds me of a grandmother wearing her reading glasses hanging on her chest from a chain), don't get me wrong I have nothing against grandmothers......I am one. In my opinion, just because you're a grandmother, it doesn't mean you have to look or act like one. To each their own. Just me, I don't like lanyards, no matter how fancy. Also I won't wear a holster. Won't even wear a cell phone holster. Just something about a woman with a holster on her hip that bugs me, that is unless it's a gun holster. I believe in my rights to bear arms. Anyway back to the subject, as a woman I am never, ever, ever without my purse.

Solution#1.....plastic toothbrush holder. Ego Twist 1000 with mini PT fits perfect

Solution #2.....hubby brought home a plastic drill bit tube from work for my SID. Fits perfect with PT2 attached.

Solution #3......whatever purse I carry always has an outside zipper pocket. VTR goes in there.

VAPE ON:vapor:

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I'm too much of a tomboy (albeit a granny-aged tomboy!!) to carry a purse around anymore most of the time. I live in jeans and t-shirts and have been carrying my little ego battery in my back jeans pocket, which isn't bad but I'm starting to use bigger batteries and that doesn't work quite as well, especially with some of the jeans styles I have, with smaller pockets. I've lost things out of my back pockets when I've been riding my horse, for example - they just get pushed up and out sometimes.....I'm going to get a couple of those KEY-BAK reels and see what I can come up with. Thanks for giving them a name & place to buy them , DigitalGuitarist! I'll try to let you know how that works out.

vicflo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2009
Virginia
If its a non social outing...

i use this x6+ a mega carto, udct, or [insert durable atomizer here]. I can stick it in my jeans pocket or jacket or anywhere else without worrying about it breaking nor care if i do. at the price, i wouldnt really mind if i lost it either. it's closer to a mini flashlight size than an ego or average pv is so it should work with most of those off the shelf flashlight carry solutions.

I actually did try one of those retractable "badge" holder belt clip doodads but my ecig was too heavy and was actually more cumbersome. Unless of course you are talking about the heavier duty metal ones with the mini chain-link deal like this one

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
If its a non social outing...

i use this x6+ a mega carto, udct, or [insert durable atomizer here]. I can stick it in my jeans pocket or jacket or anywhere else without worrying about it breaking nor care if i do. at the price, i wouldnt really mind if i lost it either. it's closer to a mini flashlight size than an ego or average pv is so it should work with most of those off the shelf flashlight carry solutions.

I actually did try one of those retractable "badge" holder belt clip doodads but my ecig was too heavy and was actually more cumbersome. Unless of course you are talking about the heavier duty metal ones with the mini chain-link deal like this one

Looks like it's an eGo...in a different wrapper...NICE! way cool!
Battery is with LED light for indicating different voltage: red for 3.6V, purple for 3.8V and blue for 4.2V
* Variable voltage. You can press the switch button for 5 times quickly to adjust the voltage

5 fast clicks turn on battery at 3.6 V (red light)

5 fast clicks change to 3.8 V (purple light)

5 fast clicks change to 4.2 V (blue ligth)

and 5 clicks again to lock it

Last edited:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
For my Mini Protanks and Evods with eGo-style batts, I have three options:

Mint tin lined with craft foam (someone else's photo). Carries 650mAh battery and Mini Protank (detached) with room for a spare battery or tank. About the size of a pack of smokes.

Hard plastic cigar tube with holes drilled in it (airtight is good for cigars, not for clearomizers). Carries one clearo attached to an eGo battery.

Cheap hard case for eyeglasses from the pharmacy (looks like this). Fits two Evods attached to 650mAh batteries with space left between them. I can also do the Mini Protanks on the batteries in this if I replace the Kanger drip tips with shorties.

Tonight at the pharmacy I found a 3oz clear, wide-mouthed plastic bottle. It was designed for carrying shampoo on a plane, but when I measured it (with a ruler on the school supplies aisle) I discovered that it was the perfect size for carrying my mod (with atty detached) in 18650 mode. It was cheap and on sale, so I got that and a few extras. A plastic spice bottle might work just as well....

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I actually am using an leather etui from a man's fingernail/manicure set, it holds the 2 Evod's (with tanks attached), a couple extra tanks (Kanger ProTank and another Evod/Ego tank), plus a few elastic band compartments to stick some extra coils under.
It works the best for me (at the moment).

it looks something like this

Last edited:

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
How about some kind of a bandoleer? modified to hold a half dozen mods and a dozen toppers? Plenty of backups just in case!

bandolier_double.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread