Travel and Vaping Altitude and E-Juice Containers- Careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I recently had a holiday in the western United States. Visited some breathtaking places. Both figuratively and literally.

When I started my trip, I packed 2 mods, 4 tanks, 8 factory coils in case something happened to the self made ones in the tanks. I also took 120ml of e-juice in 30ml plastic bottles with the usual needle tips. All set, nothing will prevent me from vaping while away.

Well... I live at about sea level. First stop, Denver International. Got the rental, wiped a little juice off one tank, filled it and left for the Rockies. Up I went to about the 11-12,000 foot level. Where I found my tank had leaked in my pocket. Refill and head down. Next day, I hit about 9-10,000 feet again and sure enough, the tank leaked again. I swapped the tank for another. Next day same thing, except now I see puddles of juice in my carry bag. Cleaned that up, and continued.
Long story short, I lost more than half juice I took between the bottles and the tanks leaking, swapped all 4 tanks, even tried the factory coils and still had leaks. Nothing helped the bottles stay secure.

Take e-juice in glass bottles with a good polycone cap, fill whatever size you have to about 75% full to allow for expansion. Fill your tank no more than 50%. It's no fun to have to find a vape shop in a remote area of an unfamiliar state because your supply has vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread