Status
Not open for further replies.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Hi All,
Went to a vape meet this weekend with wife and her half sister. Can you believe that my wife's half sister who was just interested in starting to vape won an Omega? Anyway, I gave her one of my extra pre-charged Panasonic CGR18650CH flat tops and some cartos to use with her new prize. She lives a couple hours away, and I need to recommend another battery for her, but wanted to offer her choices of protected bats.

Anyone know how finicky Omega's are about battery size? I'm guessing not at all. I was wanting to recommend this to her if it will fit:

Panasonic IMR CGR18650CH Protected Button Top

TIA

Imperator

Jul 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Go to altsmoke.com (the main dealer for Omegas in the US) and go to their battery section for the 18650 XSL 2600mAh Battery - Protected. This battery is among the options for inclusion when buying the actual mod. In other words, altsmoke themselves recommend this battery for use with the Omega, and they're the ones who sell it. It's the one I use myself and it's excellent. Takes ages to charge but lasts me 2 days of heavy vaping. As far as I know the Omega only takes 18650s unless it has a kick for variable wattage, and then it takes 18490s (don't quote me on that as I'm not certain). You can also use two smaller 3v batteries for 6 volts but battery stacking is not recommended and I think it voids the warrantee. It's finicky in terms of size of batteries it takes...just the 18650 generally, but you can use any 18650 you like, no matter what voltage or mah rating. If by finicky about size you mean differences of a slight nature, a mm here or there, then no it's not really finicky as the spring will accomodate it.

Last edited:

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
The Omega will work with both button top and flat top 18650 batteries
Both protected and IMR high-drain 18650 batteries
In mine, I use the AW 18650 2200mAh button top batteries
And the Tenergy 18650 2600mAh flat top batteries

BTW - The Panasonic IMR CGR18650CH batteries are very good
I use them in my ProVari

Any battery in this link will work with the Omega
http://www.orbtronic.com/18650-batteries
Free Shipping

Last edited:

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Go to altsmoke.com (the main dealer for Omegas in the US) and go to their battery section for the 18650 XSL 2600mAh Battery - Protected. This battery is among the options for inclusion when buying the actual mod. In other words, altsmoke themselves recommend this battery for use with the Omega, and they're the ones who sell it. It's the one I use myself and it's excellent. Takes ages to charge but lasts me 2 days of heavy vaping. As far as I know the Omega only takes 18650s unless it has a kick for variable wattage, and then it takes 18490s (don't quote me on that as I'm not certain). You can also use two smaller 3v batteries for 6 volts but battery stacking is not recommended and I think it voids the warrantee. It's finicky in terms of size of batteries it takes...just the 18650 generally, but you can use any 18650 you like, no matter what voltage or mah rating. If by finicky about size you mean differences of a slight nature, a mm here or there, then no it's not really finicky as the spring will accomodate it.

The new Xtar WP2-II Altsmoke and other vendors sell cut my charge time in half on my 18650's. (1A charge rate)
My 3100mAh Aw's took excruciatingly long to charge on my Trustfire TR-001.

The Xtar was one of my best purchases.....

Imperator

Jul 29, 2012
United Kingdom
The new Xtar WP2-II Altsmoke and other vendors sell cut my charge time in half on my 18650's. (1A charge rate)
My 3100mAh Aw's took excruciatingly long to charge on my Trustfire TR-001.

The Xtar was one of my best purchases.....

Wow, halved? Really? Thanks for that recommendation...I'm definitely going to have to get this. Theere are no reviews on altsmoke for this yet so I wouldn't have known had you not said anything. So again, thank you.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Wow, halved? Really? Thanks for that recommendation...I'm definitely going to have to get this. Theere are no reviews on altsmoke for this yet so I wouldn't have known had you not said anything. So again, thank you.

I heard about these in the flashlight forums. (A great place for info about bats and chargers)
From what I understand it has a safer end of charge as well. (I have a habit of falling asleep while charging)
I just pulled off one of my 18650's that sat on charge all night and it metered @ 4.19V. Perfect!

I got mine just before Altsmoke started selling them. (RTD Vapor $20 with a 12V Car adapter)
(edit)
Forgot to mention, there is a switch on the side to set your charge rate.
(1A) for 18650's, (.5A) for smaller bats, and (0) for charging a cell phone from your bat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread