Am I a weird-O ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
I smoked over two packs of cigarettes a day for over 20 years . - I know , crazy right? 8-o- So now I haven't "smoked" in over a year and use e-cigarettes exclusively. I had tried to quit before , chantix , patches , gums , heck I even got hypnotized once . I just couldn't seem to quit . I was hooked with a capital H ! So you can imagine my delightful shock when transitioning from regular ole'-cigs to e-cigs was actually pretty easy , for me. HERE is the part that has me wondering if I'm weird or at least , not the average e-cig user. I now vape mostly zero nic. I enjoy vaping and basically vape constantly . I suppose I must have a super oral fixation :oops: ? Anyway when I read other peoples reports about their experience with vaping I'm sorta shocked by how much nicotine most use. So am I completely an odd ball ? Is there anyone else who has found that nicotine was probably not their big addiction as much as all the rituals and so forth ? I did start with super high nic levels but it made me nausea's so I stepped down quickly. Mostly vaping zero now , but sometimes I'll do a little 6/8mg . Works for me , I wonder if SOME folks would also be okay w/less nicotine and they just don't realize it.

Well thanks for reading my rambling wonderings :laugh:

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Sounds like you've kicked the nic addiction. Woot!

I'm behind you albeit a ways back... still vaping at 18 with the occasional 24 for a crave. Tried a rapid descent from nic and that didn't work for me. I vape 0 in the evening during TV time before bed. My body tells me when I need nic. It likes it very much. I'm so happy to be free of cigarettes and taking my time to wean off the nic slowly. Someday I'll join you in the Zero Nic Club. Big feat and YOU did it :)

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
I've been vaping for 7 months now and I stick to between 4-6 mg. I don't know how people do the high strengths. So no I don't think you are weird. One of my good friends wants the high nic because he likes the stimulative effects. I like the low strength because I like the behavior and a bit of throat hit. But I typically use menthol drops in my tank for more hit.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
LOL just speaking for myself I am an addictive personality. For example I can bake a cake and eat the whole thing for lunch. I understand and accept that fact and my eventual goal is to quit both Vaping and analogs. I've discovered Vaping is a very personal program and however anyone gets off analogs is good enough for me.
Bottom life you are not crazy and I still get flashes of wanting an analog now and then but nothing too stressful.
Good Luck and be proud and happy with your accomplishments.
Best of Luck, Vapoor.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
yeah I think I agree I'm not at 0 nic yet but I'm at 6mg now started at 36mg and slowly stepped it down without any discomfort. I too smoked about 2 pad, when I was at 12mgs I went 0 nic for a day and 1/2 and the only side affects I noticed was a dull headache and a slight lack of concentration, back when I was a smoker after 2 hours without a smoke I would have been climbing the walls

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , weirdo . I hve been at vaping for a bit over 6 months , was a 2 pack a day smoker . My wife smoked as well , just not as much as me . She now vapes 0 or 6 % . I found that by adding a little vodka to some 6 and 12 mg juice , I actually got some TH . I started out at 24 mg , then to 18mg , now at 12 , and soon maybe just 6 , so count your blessings that it's working for you . I too like the habit , more than the nicotine . I like tons of vapor , and if awake , usually have a PV in my hand . So keep being weird .

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've stepped down alot since I've started, and not had w/drawl. I agree that for some of us it was mostly oral as well as nic, and that;s why I believe ecigs works so well.

Monday, I'm mixing no-nic and I'll try that for a week. I believe I'll continue w/the vaping all day tho.

So, the big question is- what the heck do we replace the ecigs with now?????????? Lol

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2010
    North Carolina
    I could have written your original post myself. If you're a weird-o, so am I. Nice to meet you. :)

I smoked over two packs of cigarettes a day for over 20 years . - I know , crazy right? 8-o- So now I haven't "smoked" in over a year and use e-cigarettes exclusively. I had tried to quit before , chantix , patches , gums , heck I even got hypnotized once . I just couldn't seem to quit . I was hooked with a capital H ! So you can imagine my delightful shock when transitioning from regular ole'-cigs to e-cigs was actually pretty easy , for me. HERE is the part that has me wondering if I'm weird or at least , not the average e-cig user. I now vape mostly zero nic. I enjoy vaping and basically vape constantly . I suppose I must have a super oral fixation :oops: ? Anyway when I read other peoples reports about their experience with vaping I'm sorta shocked by how much nicotine most use. So am I completely an odd ball ? Is there anyone else who has found that nicotine was probably not their big addiction as much as all the rituals and so forth ? I did start with super high nic levels but it made me nausea's so I stepped down quickly. Mostly vaping zero now , but sometimes I'll do a little 6/8mg . Works for me , I wonder if SOME folks would also be okay w/less nicotine and they just don't realize it.

Well thanks for reading my rambling wonderings :laugh:

Tracker II

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Illinois
    When I switched to ecigs 10 months ago, I immediately started experiencing withdrawal symptoms vaping 18mg juice. Since I didn't have anything stronger and I didn't want to chain vape, I immediately switched to the 0mg juice that I had also purchased (with the intent of watering down the 18mg juice if I found it to be too strong). So there it is, I vaped 18mg juice for the first few hours but have been vaping 0mg juice ever since.

I too have the hand-to-mouth fixation as I'm either vaping or snacking but have learned to modify my behavior over time so as to cut down on both.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2011
    Georgia
    Hi Kenzi,
    It sounds like you're where I want (and expect) to be in a year or two (more or less). Like you, I've used all the other stuff to quit, but nothing was permanent for me, because there IS a reward associated with nicotine; it keeps the clouds away in my brain. If it comes down to a bit of nic or a prescription for tranquilizers, I choose the nic.

So after 32+ years of 2ppd analogs, plus 2 years of trying e-cigs, I finally found the combo I prefer over analogs. I'm at 24mg most of the time, and in the process of stepping down to 18mg. So far, so good. If I can adapt to 6mg - or even 0mg - I'll be happy. Even so, because every previous attempt at quitting analogs was eventually followed by a new beginning of smoking, I intend to keep my PV handy for the rest of my life. Besides...I enjoy using it!

You're doing great. If you're a "weird-o", you're in good company...and the folks posting here at ecf will vouch for that! :laugh:

I smoked 1pad for the last 10+years. Moved to vaping a months ago today and I have been using 12mg as my level of choice. I have only had 1 craving for an analog. This was due to the fact that I was waiting for batteries to charge as I drove to work. I had to fight the urge to stop and buy a pack.
    I think the activity is the biggest thing I crave and have found much enjoyment from vaping. The taste is unbeatable, the lack of smell on my clothes and hands is awesome, and the fact that I don't have to step outside in the weather or pause the tv or all of the other time wasters that I had before has made me more productive.(that was a long sentence)
    I am also a hobbiest for e-cigs and have shared this joy with 4 of my smoking friends. They are all having success and thank me for getting them switched.
    Keep on keeping on!

Kams Cats

ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2011
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    I am the same. Although I started at 24mg and vaped just as much then as I do now. I have stepped down quit a bit without discomfort. I vape 12mg in the morning and 0 at night. Soon I will be 6mg in the morning. :)

It's the handling and the vape itself that I enjoy. Then again I always liked that part when I smoked so I am not surprised that it was more then the nicotine I was addicted to.

BTW I tried it all too in the past. Multiple times. I figured I tried to quit at least twice a year for over 20 years. Picked up an e-cig and the smokes were history.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    It does seem like when people vape really low nic, they seem to vape gallons of the stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :laugh:
    Don't throw rocks, just an observation.

I agree. I started at 36 mg and 2 weeks later went down to 30 mg and am now on 24 mg. Each time I stepped it down my Vaping increased but eventually leveled out. Should be interesting A's I hope to be Vaping 20 mg by New Years.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 13, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Sounds like you've kicked the nic addiction. Woot!

I'm behind you albeit a ways back... still vaping at 18 with the occasional 24 for a crave. Tried a rapid descent from nic and that didn't work for me. I vape 0 in the evening during TV time before bed. My body tells me when I need nic. It likes it very much. I'm so happy to be free of cigarettes and taking my time to wean off the nic slowly. Someday I'll join you in the Zero Nic Club. Big feat and YOU did it :)

I don't see it as a woot or any big deal really , we all know that nicotine isn't all that bad ...right? (or am I wrong?)
    I don't understand why I'm so stuck/addicted <?> to the actions that go along w/smoking or in our cases vaping. Oh well not hurting myself w/it ..right? or at least not nearly as much as smoking would be :2cool: . So that's a big hurray !! Pretty much all the vapors deserve that !! Soooo glad this alternative exists !!

spicyed

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 8, 2011
    New Jersey
    I don't think Nicotine is that bad either. I remember reading somewhere that the levels of carcinogens in the nicotine content in vapor is something around 1000th of that of analogs. Not to be taken for fact, but I kind of equate the nicotine as another stimulant like caffeine. There can be cardiovascular effects for overuse for both of those.

I also feel like I am more addicted to the actions, routine, and social aspect of smoking. I've just started out with 24mg juice, and in my second order reduced that to 16 mg liquid and I don't notice a difference in my frequency of vaping or really noticing an increased craving for it. I also have some 8mg I am going to try that as well to see what effect that has on me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread