Am I asking too much for flavors to be rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
McKinney, TX
I've been vaping for a couple months and absolutely cannot believe I stopped smoking analogs!

If it wasn't for HotVapes and their mint crystal based Menthol, I would've never stopped. Having said that, I stopped at every vape shop in my area (DFW) and tried all of the flavors I cared for. None had any real flavors. Most of the places liquids tasted like chemicals with only a small hint of flavor.......

I guess I'm used to the mint crystal based Menthol liquid, the crystal liquid is so powerful and tasted like a real cig.

I'm looking to start vaping other flavors and I'm so tired of wasting money on liquid that just taste like crap...... When I need a part or cartos, drip tip etc I try to buy from big vendors online I add a flavor of liquid and it arrives to be another dissapointment.

Am I really asking too much when I want my liquid/juice to be rich and powerful in the flavor dept?

Anybody know a good place for awesome sauce?

articus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
USA, ATL
I have the same problem. I've been vaping since last September and most flavors taste like you describe. Every once in a while I find one that doesn't. Good luck on your hunt. BTW, I've been having better luck with Mount Baker Vapor. You do have to steep many of their juices though.

Agree with Mount baker, you can add extra shot of flavor with your order as well.
And they will give you free 10ml sample, ask for a flavor in comment.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
I've found the same thing, but that's all part and parcel of the Vapeing hobby. Taste is also subjective.
My stronger flavors I use in my novas cause novas tend to mute, my weaker flavors go in my protank or iclear30.
Other flavors I mix 2 or more together to make them vapable. This is how I found my ADV and have been Vapeing it for a month now, yummy.

MBV offers extra flavor shots.
Halo are fairly strong tasting.
Hooligans are very tasty.
Bobas etc from Alien are suppose to be great.
I also hear Ahlusion has nice liquid.

GL OP. Vape on.

ronjamesmajor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Hanna, Alberta Canada
Mount Baker definitely was the first vendor I tried that I was impressed with every juice from that order (about 12 in total).

Since then I've had one of their coffee vapes which seems to me to taste a hell of a lot like burnt popcorn. All coffee vapes to me taste like burnt popcorn, and I want something better. I haven't ever found it even with MBV though.

CEV Store here in Canada now ships to the states as well, and a line they carry called Dark Side has some really in your face and intense flavors. The best flavors I've tried from a Canadian juice vendor by a long shot. Two of my favorite all day vapes come from them. One is Blueberry Blizzard, it tastes like..you guessed it, a blueberry ice cream. The second is Okanogan Medley, which is very similar to juicy fruit gum but very pungent. OK Medley vapes way better in a clearo in my opinion than in a carto though.

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about Greenman E Juice and how their flavors are really complex. They had their first sale on Vapor Joes a few days ago and I picked up some stuff. They must be overwhelmed though, as my order still hasn't been shipped yet.

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
I have the same problem. I've been vaping since last September and most flavors taste like you describe. Every once in a while I find one that doesn't. Good luck on your hunt. BTW, I've been having better luck with Mount Baker Vapor. You do have to steep many of their juices though.

I think it depends on your taste buds. I ordered a bunch of flavors from MBV and they were either very weak or tasted like chemicals. I had to try a bunch more flavors from other sites before I hit on some that are rich to my palate. (AVE and High Desert Vapes, to name two.)

rogue007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
McKinney, TX
This is my thread and so far..... Disappointed.

I love to smoke...ahem, loved to smoke.

I heard/seen about vaping a few years ago when a person at a party had a little box mod, don't know what it was. He had a flavor that was watermelon. That watermelon was a in-your-face flavor and actually tasted like I had a bite of watermelon in my mouth. I was amazed!..... I tried to find out about it more but was sidetracked.

A few months ago my friend at work walked up and had an EGO type PV and he handed to me and it was Menthol. The menthol was from HotVapes, it was flavored by using mint crystals. I tried it and was blown away!!!!

I couldn't tell the difference between my Camel Wide Menthol Green I was smoking and the PV I was vaping at the same time.... I then went to Hotvapes right after I got off from work and ordered. Just under two weeks I smoked smoking, I smoked analogs for 21 yrs! I started when I was 13, yep, 13!

If he walked up and handed me the same EGO and some of the wimpy flavored mints these vape ...... try to say is "very strong", I would still be smoking today!

Because of the crystalline base from the menthol I now vape, I consider most (99%) of the flavors I try, to be simply..... Flavorless.

I watch Scott from YouTube, GrimmGreen and Todd and I only wonder, especially Nick (GrimmGreen) and he rolls his eyes and snaps his fingers when he toots his PV and I'm am at a complete pause. What are they vaping that is so good?.... But I'm also at a loss because I'm also wondering what if I buy what he's vaping and waste my money on something that taste like ....-cheese.

I have like 5 mods.... (2) Provaris, Lavatube v2, GGTs clone and a KTS Storm telescope w/Kicked (the KTS storm hits the best out of all of them btW, dunno, just does)..... Still have and use my EGO's as well

I run 3ohm single coil cartos from Smok, LR and SR IkenVape cartos, Boge cartos, Vivi Novas (real), Vision clearos......all the cartos run on 3/5/6ml tanks from all over, Pyrex, glass, plastic you name it!....

...... All these different Frackin' tanks and such and all full of Menthol !!!!!!!

I love Menthol but I want something more, but nothing is there!....... Is driving me insane!!!

Ill get off my soapbox now, thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited:

rogue007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
McKinney, TX
DIY? 10char

I'm trying..... I ordered some flavors from FlavorWest and at first I'm using non-flavored e-liquid to test with, not going well at all.

I ordered PG, VG and 100mg nicotine to use in mixes and so far haven't used that stuff until I get flavors right using the non-flavored e-liquid first.

I'm a DIY guy anyways, it seems easy to calculate and also have downloaded software to help dilute the nicotine safely, and purchased the nicotine test kit to make sure. Redundant safety is my game.

The flavors I'm really looking for is....

Wild cherry.... Like a Ludens cough drop, not medicine tasting but candy like, but not sickening candy taste. This is my unicorn that I'm looking for

Peach, watermelon for starters.... I want to move into some of the more complex flavors and mixes but want to get some E-liquids that are simple first.

Has anybody tried Nicks (GrimmGreen) Cartomizer Crush?

You should try Alien Vapor with them you can add extra flavor and extra sweetener for a few cents more. You can also pick your vg/pg ratio with alien vapor.

Another good site for adding flavor is BombayVaping E-Liquid with most of there e juice you have 4 flavor strengths you can pick from with no added cost and you can also pick your vg/pg ratio with Bombay Vaping.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I found my strong flavor fix and it's really easy. There are about 60 flavors to choose from Vaping Zone Super Concentrate Gourmet flavoring. 4 % but they recommend 1%. It isn't chemically or perfumey. Just strong. I only have amaretto and a Mango. The other two I want have been out of stock. Think I'll go check it now. So if I have a jug of 24 mg nic pg/ VG mix adding 4% lowers the nic a little and I don't worry a bit about that so its super easy. Both min were ready after mix and always good later too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread