Am I crazy to buy a second mini a week after my first??

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
For the first 5 and a half months of my smoke free life I was quite satisfied with my 2 spinners. As most of you know, last week I received my first real, non twist stick style mod....my white Provari mini....and I have loved every minute with it. My spinners sit on the counter, untouched since the day I chased down the mail carrier. Somewhere during the first 48 hrs. of having it I decided I "needed" to have a red one also. Now I'm wondering and second guessing myself. Do I really NEED this 2nd mini right now? Well, I have the money right now to swing it, but should I add to my collection of Provari awesomeness, or should I experiment with something different? I know a lot of you have several different mods and mech devices. Is that the road I should go down? Will I use both Provaris, changing them out to match my outfits and moods? Or should I spend that money on a cornucopia (it's a seasonal term) of toppers and the ever elusive beautiful glass drip tips?? Decisions decisions...and I am by my very nature an indecisive person...or at least I thoroughly research any new purchase for hours and hours before actually pressing that 'submit order' button. I'm up all night, again, and should probably sleep on this.....You can't decide for me, but a gentle nudge in one direction or another could be just what I need. Oh well.....to sleep....perchance to dream....and if I'm very very lucky....to awaken with clarity and resolve as to what goes into my vaping arsenal next. :sleep:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I got my first mini to celebrate 6 months tobacco-free. I liked it so much I ordered a second one about 5 months later for my birthday. For my 1 year tobacco-free I got into bottom-feeders. Two minis and the Reo are what I use about 95% of the time - I have other devices I like better for certain things and I feel guilty if I don't use the Vamo at least once in awhile since he looks depressed.

If you've got the money and you have toy-itis, why not? Life is short and sometimes little things that make us smile are hard to find.

ETA: Besides, I think I still hold the record for the silliest reason to buy a second ProVari:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/401053-can-anyone-guess.html

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hey roonies... how's it goin'? Well, I see. ;-)

Got the Provaritis bug do ya'? If you're going to have an addiction, you could do a hell of a lot worse than the reliable, dependable, well made Provari. If you want to branch out... and you want to keep it on the high end, then perhaps a SvoeMesto Semovar... or maybe the upcoming Nexgen Futura.
One - arguably, the ultimate VV-VW mod with a Nivel chip... the other, potentially, the ultimate VV-VW with the DNA20 chip.

Buy as many as you want... start a team. What ever it costs, it's still cheaper than the "ultimate cost" of smoking... ain't it? :)

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Hey roonies... how's it goin'? Well, I see. ;-)

Got the Provaritis bug do ya'? If you're going to have an addiction, you could do a hell of a lot worse than the reliable, dependable, well made Provari. If you want to branch out... and you want to keep it on the high end, then perhaps a SvoeMesto Semovar... or maybe the upcoming Nexgen Futura.
One - arguably, the ultimate VV-VW mod with a Nivel chip... the other, potentially, the ultimate VV-VW with the DNA20 chip.

Buy as many as you want... start a team. What ever it costs, it's still cheaper than the "ultimate cost" of smoking... ain't it? :)

I wouldn't recommend the Semovar personally. I've read of many issues. Can it be sent-in for repairs or warranty service in the States? As for the Futura, it looks nice, but has not been proven yet, and does not bring much more to the party than a ProVari IMO, unless one really needs the extra power.

Semovar issue

If you want another ProVari, go for it.. ;) It's always nice to have a back-up of a favorite device if you would need to send one back for repairs, or an upgrade. (As offered from the V1 to V2) :) I don't think ProVape would leave current ProVari owners hanging if they were to design a VW feature. More than likely just another board upgrade.

If you really want to compare VV to VW, just grab an inexpensive mech mod, and the Kick 2. Then you can experience the difference for yourself.

If you would like a bottom-feeder, which you can use with attys / cartos or an RBA with the same kind of quality and support as ProVape offers, I highly recommend the REO.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I agree with Technonut about at least a 2nd Provari for a back-up. Think about it roonies. Imagine grabbing one of your dusty eGo's while you have your beloved Provari sent to the shop for an update or repair. I'd rather step barefoot onto a lego.

@State o Flux, While that Nexgen Futura looks enticing, IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to the Provari in the appearance department. I be curious to know the estimated price, and would consider owning one........ After my 3rd or 4th Provari.:closedeyes:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
@State o Flux, While that Nexgen Futura looks enticing, IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to the Provari in the appearance department. I be curious to know the estimated price, and would consider owning one........ After my 3rd or 4th Provari.:closedeyes:
I wouldn't expect a Provari lover to say anything else. ;-)
Personally... it's just conversation for me. I don't have a dog in this fight, and don't care what roonies gets. She's a big girl. :)

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
There are so many things out there, why limit yourself to ProVari? The one I have does what it is supposed to do and don't get me wrong, I am glad I tried it. But had I not branched out to try other things, I never would have found the REO, or the VW's which make it so you don't have to fool with ohm's law.

I am hoping ProVape will update their product, and if they did I would not hesitate to buy another as they are a quality PV. But until then, you might find other things fit you better.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I wouldn't expect a Provari lover to say anything else. ;-)
Personally... it's just conversation for me. I don't have a dog in this fight, and don't care what roonies gets. She's a big girl. :)

Actually, I'm quite objective... I've had many devices over the years, and found I ended-up adjusting the power levels equally for both VV or VW to suit the particular juice used. It's not really as "set and-forget-it" as many put it out to be. I wish it were. It would save me time taking my mech mods apart to adjust the Kick when using a different juice, or just wanting the vape warmer or cooler. ;) It takes a matter of seconds on the ProVari to accomplish the same thing.

I also appreciate warranty / repair / upgrade service located in the same country. As for increased power, I'm happy with no lower than a 1.0 ohm dual coil, which both of my ProVari 2.5's will run up to 4v without errors. :) If I did have the need for more power, I would buy a DNA20 device.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
or the VW's which make it so you don't have to fool with ohm's law

I don't have to either... I would adjust either VV or VW to taste with no need for resistance calculations.. Interesting concept.. :) I ran my last dual-coil for 7 weeks with no change in resistance until one of the coils popped.. I still raised / lowered the voltage during that time depending on what kind of vape experience I wanted, not because of the ohms changing.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I don't have to either... I would adjust either VV or VW to taste with no need for resistance calculations.. Interesting concept.. :) I ran my last dual-coil for 7 weeks with no change in resistance until one of the coils popped.. I still raised / lowered the voltage during that time depending on what kind of vape experience I wanted, not because of the ohms changing.

I was just trying to let them know that broadening their horizons and not limiting themselves may serve them better in the future per the OP's original question. At this stage of the OP's game, VW might appeal to them. I was offering advice to someone who hasn't tried it because they just got a ProVari and specifically asked. I don't use any of it, I use mechs if you really care and I already know how to coil and wick to my personal tastes, but someone asking this question wouldn't be interested in what you or I are capable of doing. They would be interested in knowing that they probably won't be able to do it on a ProVari though, and there are so many things on the market now that weren't available when ProVape designed their outdated chip.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
For the first 5 and a half months of my smoke free life I was quite satisfied with my 2 spinners. As most of you know, last week I received my first real, non twist stick style mod....my white Provari mini....and I have loved every minute with it. My spinners sit on the counter, untouched since the day I chased down the mail carrier. Somewhere during the first 48 hrs. of having it I decided I "needed" to have a red one also. Now I'm wondering and second guessing myself. Do I really NEED this 2nd mini right now? Well, I have the money right now to swing it, but should I add to my collection of Provari awesomeness, or should I experiment with something different? I know a lot of you have several different mods and mech devices. Is that the road I should go down? Will I use both Provaris, changing them out to match my outfits and moods? Or should I spend that money on a cornucopia (it's a seasonal term) of toppers and the ever elusive beautiful glass drip tips?? Decisions decisions...and I am by my very nature an indecisive person...or at least I thoroughly research any new purchase for hours and hours before actually pressing that 'submit order' button. I'm up all night, again, and should probably sleep on this.....You can't decide for me, but a gentle nudge in one direction or another could be just what I need. Oh well.....to sleep....perchance to dream....and if I'm very very lucky....to awaken with clarity and resolve as to what goes into my vaping arsenal next. :sleep:

I think its crazy to have only one. My vote is yes. Now, I am plotting to add my third in the near future, so my advice is coming from that perspective.

IMAG0681_1_1_zpsb7a1900a.jpg

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I don't think its crazy to buy a 2nd within a week, its a little hasty but not insane. You buy a Provari, it comes to your door freezing cold from being out in your mailbox or in the delivery truck. The cold steel feels so heavy and it looks fantastic. You put your battery in and it lights up and the vape is outstanding. It feels like a weapon in your hand its so heavy and the vapor fills your mouth so smoothly. If you have the money to spend, thinking about getting a backup is crazy at all. Its a backup provari. A great investment to ensure you'll always have a good vape on hand. There are other PVs out there that are great including mechanicals if you like low ohms or rebuilds but I know a lot of us totally understand the thinking behind "I should have two provaris. One to keep pretty at home with a nice genesis tank, one to use out of the house"

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I would have gotten a backup provari but I am the type of guy that sees every $10 as an added expense. I have one provari which was a lot for me to handle. I don't save up for things. I'm not in debt. I don't own a credit card. So I bought an eVic instead for my backup VV. Now I just want a backup mechanical and a bf mod and I'll feel very confident in my arsenal. I'll probably get a 2nd Provari one day. Not anytime soon. I need to get off this damn netbook and back into a laptop before I buy another provari. 1 is good enough as long as i do have other mods to supplement the Provari :p ive been vaping my evic the past 2 days because I just rebuilt my T3 and the Provari doesn't have good airflow on this particular T3 with a 510 to Ego. So having a variety of mods does help in that respect.

jetcity

Keeper of the Provari Ω
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Washington
I don't think you're crazy for wanting a second one! :D I got my first black mini a few months ago thinking I was still going to use my EGO's when I was out and about. :) Since then, all my EGO stuff has been sold since I can't imagine going back to them even as backups! I bought my second provari, a polished mini on 9/17. I don't really use them at the same time... but it makes me feel better to know I have another one in case one needs to go in for repairs. Plus, they hold their value well for re-sale if you decide you want something else!

ETA: I just purchased a red mini for my daughter and she loves it!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread