Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just a quick question. I am using a manual 510 and a automatic 801, both with new atty's. It seems like I get great vapor from both, but there's just very little taste to my liquids. I'm using 24mg liquids from awesomevapor. Is this because my atty's aren't broken in yet?

If you're getting great vapor then it isn't likely the atomizer unless you didn't clear out the shipping/priming fluid - blow out the atomizer into a paper towel, etc. In my experience the 510 and the 801 handle flavors differently - the stronger tobacco, coffee, cappuccino tastes do well on the 510 and are subdued on the 801. Some fruit flavors are best on the 801 and subdued by the heat of the 510. So it could be that you are just vaping the 'wrong flavors' on the wrong atty but the other thing could be the juice. I'm not familiar with awesomevapor so can't help there but some vendors juices aren't as flavorful and some flavors aren't real flavorful. Perhaps someone with awesomevapor juice will comment, but again, if you're getting good vapor and there isn't a primer fluid thing going on, most likely it's the juice. You might try some Janty/joye juice, if you can find it - Janty, Dietsmokes.... because most of the flavors there are quite flavorful.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
Did you blow out the atty's before using them? Also, if you only just started it may take a week or two for your taste buds to start working properly. Cigarettes can dampen the ability to taste things correctly. Once all that build up of stuff on your tongue disappears, and it will, you'll find things taste a whole lot better and different than you remember from before you started smoking.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I have days when I don't have much flavor... but that is me rather than the equipment. I wish I knew why it happens.

In any case, I use several different models and I find that each one handles flavors differently.

But if I have a lack of flavor on all of them for more than one day then I assume that the liquid I'm using doesn't have a lot of flavor. I put it aside and try again in a couple of days. If it doesn't have much flavor the second go round I'll add a bit of flavoring to it or mix it with something compatible that is loaded with flavor.

I hope you get it figured out soon!

:)

smokingisbad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Lincoln, NEB
Honestly, after 2 months I still have not found a GREAT flavor. However I was looking more for throat hit. I use a 510 manual and usually Dekang flavors. I am still satisfied as I see mes wallets getting biggers. I do know the 901 has more flavor and some other other juices are better quality but using the 901 I was not getting much throat hit. GL and Welcome!!!

Same thing seems to be happening to me. I will get good flavor sometimes and next thing i know it tastes like cardboard. I have a kr808d-1 from goodprophets and havent quite got the hang of refilling the cartos though its getting easier. I ordered a 901 atty and carts to see how I like that seeing as how my mom has one and i blow clouds of vapor with seemingly good taste.

What is weird is that i had 5 sealed cartos that came with my 808 and i havent been able to get a lick of vapor out of the last 2 i have opened. Dont really know what is up with that.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Xx-ev0luti0n-xX - did you vape both of them from start to finish? In other words - did you vape them until 'empty?' And never got any vapor?

I have several Kr8 batteries and dozens of cartomizers. (Kits and supplies from all kinds of places including Good Prophets!) Some batteries and some cartomizers work better than others. But all of them give vapor. A lot depends on technique though also. Slow, deep drags are more productive. Freshly charged batteries work best. And cartomizers seem to maximize production after a dozen or so drags. At least for me.

I tend to overfill a bit and I KNOW that it is going to take me a while to get a refilled cartomizer to start producing good vapor. I just can't seem to stop the overfilling though. LOL

Good luck with them. I think they are great for situations when I can't fiddle around with carts and bottles.

As far as the cartos I couldnt get vapor from, from the very beginning they were supposed to be prefilled 24mg menthol and I was getting the menthol flavor everytime I hit (always with long easy draws) but never any vapor production. It does take me quite a while to get most of my cartos going after refills but most seem to produce good vapor and flavor after a while. Ive only had a few that seemed to lack in vapor. I havent tried alot of different types of juices but I can tell that some havent much taste as I have tried them in my 808 and through my 901 atty without much luck. Just need to try more juices I guess and keep fiddling with the cartomizers until I get the hang of how they act.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
As far as the cartos I couldnt get vapor from, from the very beginning they were supposed to be prefilled 24mg menthol and I was getting the menthol flavor everytime I hit (always with long easy draws) but never any vapor production. It does take me quite a while to get most of my cartos going after refills but most seem to produce good vapor and flavor after a while. Ive only had a few that seemed to lack in vapor. I havent tried alot of different types of juices but I can tell that some havent much taste as I have tried them in my 808 and through my 901 atty without much luck. Just need to try more juices I guess and keep fiddling with the cartomizers until I get the hang of how they act.

LOL - I like to think of it as experimenting and playing. Helps keep me from getting frustrated when things get a bit difficult. It sounds as though you have a good grasp on the basics. I'm sure you will figure out what works best for you quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread