Am I Out Of Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    I had placed an order with Sourcemore. It was a Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA. It was at a pretty good price.

The order took about 3 weeks to get here. Not bad considering.

I open the package and, instead of the Brunhilde, I received the Vapefly Kriemhild Sub Ohm Tank. I take pictures and immediately send the photos and an email regarding the wrong I item I received.

Within 24 hours, I get an email from Sourcemore customer service. They wanted to know if I could use the Kriemhild Sub Ohm. If so, I could keep it and they award me points.

So far so good.

But, since I don't sub ohm, I say no to their offer.

I get another email from customer service. Could I please return the Kriemhild, at my expense, to the Shenzen warehouse district in China? When Sourcemore recieves the wrong item they sent me, they would reimburse me for the return shipping charge and send the Brunhild. Oh and be sure to include the tracking number.

Hmmmm ............. this is interesting.

It would cost me $36 at the cheapest to send a packge to China. Of course, the proper customs tags have to be attached. Attach the wrong tags and the package goes into the Customs black hole.

As we all know, the Shenzen warehouses are the black holes of paid for items waiting to be shipped. Tracking numbers seem to be another aggravation since they mean nothing. I've had packages from China where the tracking hasn't moved since May. I've had one package stop tracking because even the USPS can't figure out the numbers.

I proposed something different to Sourcemore. Send me what what I ordered or refund my money. Probably not going to fly with Sourcemore. Should, but probably won't.

BTW, Sourcemore has a US warehouse. Fasttech also has a US warehouse or used to. I have received several incorrect items from Fasttech. I returned them to their US warehouse who then take care of it. Most of the time, Fasttech just sent me a new one.

Sorry for the book I just wrote.

But my question is, am I out of line to expect Sourcemore to either have me send my item to the US warehouse or Sourcemore should just send me the Brunhilde or refund my money?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    No, I don't think you're out of line at all. I received a wrong product once, I think it was a tank, but I don't remember now. I didn't order it, it was a prize from a contest here so I wasn't out of any money. I did email the company and told them they shipped me the wrong item, they never responded and I wasn't all that worried about it in the first place.

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I had placed an order with Sourcemore. It was a Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA. It was at a pretty good price.

I open the package and, instead of the Brunhilde, I received the Vapefly Kriemhild Sub Ohm Tank. I take pictures and immediately send the photos and an email regarding the wrong I item I received.

Within 24 hours, I get an email from Sourcemore customer service. They wanted to know if I could use the Kriemhild Sub Ohm. If so, I could keep it and they award me points.

So far so good.

I get another email from customer service. Could I please return the Kriemhild, at my expense, to the Shenzen warehouse district in China? When Sourcemore recieves the wrong item they sent me, they would reimburse me for the return shipping charge and send the Brunhild. Oh and be sure to include the tracking number.

It would cost me $36 at the cheapest to send a packge to China. Of course, the proper customs tags have to be attached. Attach the wrong tags and the package goes into the Customs black hole.

As we all know, the Shenzen warehouses are the black holes of paid for items waiting to be shipped. Tracking numbers seem to be another aggravation since they mean nothing. I've had packages from China where the tracking hasn't moved since May. I've had one package stop tracking because even the USPS can't figure out the numbers.

I proposed something different to Sourcemore. Send me what what I ordered or refund my money. Probably not going to fly with Sourcemore. Should, but probably won't.

BTW, Sourcemore has a US warehouse. Fasttech also has a US warehouse or used to. I have received several incorrect items from Fasttech. I returned them to their US warehouse who then take care of it. Most of the time, Fasttech just sent me a new one.

But my question is, am I out of line to expect Sourcemore to either have me send my item to the US warehouse or Sourcemore should just send me the Brunhilde or refund my money?
    You are not out of line. I have had similar experiences with another Co. from China. I sent an email saying I am not payng for shipping plus waiting for the item I should have received. They responded something about I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. Nothing about sending the correct item immediately so I did a charge back/dispute with cc and received a refund almost immediately.

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    I go back to my experiences with Fasttech. They send you a defective or wrong item, they have you send it to their Returns/Refunds department in their US warehouse (was in Miami). Or used to.

I could accept that. But send it back to China with all the customs, lost packages, etc. problems especially since Sourcemore has a US warehouse?

This is still a developing story. Let's see where it goes.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    No, I don't think you're out of line at all. I received a wrong product once, I think it was a tank, but I don't remember now. I didn't order it, it was a prize from a contest here so I wasn't out of any money. I did email the company and told them they shipped me the wrong item, they never responded and wasn't all that worried about it in the first place.

I hear you buddy.
    Recently,well last month i was looking thru Reddit for wicking tips for my PeaceMaker and i saw a giveaway for a Polar Mod.

That was a month ago,package didn't get thru customs in Alicante (65'ish km from where i live) because the declared value was to low.
    Then they sent me an invoice with another different value so now the package is heading back to the sender and i will probably have to wait another month or two until i actually get the package delivered to me.

It's free and i can't really complain but come on,not really that difficult to put the right value on a invoice.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Nope. Especially given Sourcemore DOES have good prices and are usually fairly reliable, they charge some of the highest shipping prices for items from China.

No, I do not really mind (well, I KIND of do) paying 8 bucks shipping for an item coming from China but the LAST one took 3 times longer than they said it would. I'm sorry, if you are going to CHARGE me that much shipping, you DO have a responsibility to me to like, make sure it gets here SOMEWHAT within your time window. I was gonna email customer service and try to get my shipping refunded. Sounds like I should not bother.

FT has never sent me the wrong item and they are slow but EVERYTHING gets here in the end.

Some Chinese companies I foresee them getting a bit uppity when it comes to their business practices, I guess they are figuring they CAN.

I would do a charge back or open a PP dispute if that is what you used, although I'm not using PP anymore because like, they pretty much have sucked the couple times I had a vendor dispute. My bank is more amenable. If they can't give me a rolling CC number, I am thinking of buying some prepaid CC honestly because I could by a certain amount/number and it would totally keep my spending in check. LOL.

Anna

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    FT has never sent me the wrong item and they are slow but EVERYTHING gets here in the end.
    I agree.
    If they can't give me a rolling CC number, I am thinking of buying some prepaid CC honestly because I could by a certain amount/number and it would totally keep my spending in check.
    Check out Blur. This service can only be used with US companies. There's a $2.00 transaction fee, or a $40.00/yr subscription, so a prepaid CC might be more beneficial for you.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I am thinking of buying some prepaid CC
    I have had a prepaid credit card for years. It use it specifically when shopping online from companies I have never bought from before, or overseas companies. The limit is pretty low, like 500-1000, so that way if something does happen, they can't rack up a bunch of charges. And it still has the fraud protection and reimbursement because it is issued by a major card company. https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/secured-mastercard/

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Not out of line at all. This is one of the reasons I have always been hesitant to order from places like Sourcemore and Fasttech. Yeah, I get that shipping to me is going to take some time. That makes sense. But if I have a problem with something (wrong item, defective product, etc) it seems like it would be a hassle to go through with a return/exchange process.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I go back to my experiences with Fasttech. They send you a defective or wrong item, they have you send it to their Returns/Refunds department in their US warehouse (was in Miami). Or used to.

FT didn't/doesn't have a US Warehouse or any physical building/department. They had you send it to a sort of "mail collection and forwarding" company in Miami. Lots of international companies and organizations have returns and other packages sent to that type of business there, because of Miami's huge number of international flights in/out of there. The forwarding company collects them and waits until they have enough to make it worth the cost...to send them on to those companies and organizations.

When I did a return to FT a couple years ago, I had to send it there, too. I was also instructed several years ago...to send a bunch of textbooks and other educational materials there, that I'd obtained for a Montesori pre-school in the Dominican Republic. The company in Miami then sent them, as well as other things going to the DR...as 1 combined shipment.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015

I don't think you're out of line at all.

Personally, since Sourcemore does have a US warehouse....I'd ask that they send you a pre-paid shipping label for you to print out and attach to the package, to return it there. IT would have a Tracking Number, which you could use to check and verify if/when they receive it.

I'd say that upon verification of their receipt of the returned package, you'd expect that within 48 hours: (1) your correct item would be shipped to you, and (2) that email notification of that shipment, with Tracking Number, would be received by you. Otherwise, you'll file a dispute with PayPal or do a chargeback with your CC company (depending on what method you used to make payment).

ETA: Or...if you don't want the Brunhilde any more - I'd tell them that upon verification that they've received the return package, you'd expect a full refund within 48 hours. If none is received, you'll follow through with a dispute with PayPal or do a chargeback with your CC company (depending on what method you used to make payment).

Last edited:

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    I don't think you're out of line at all.

Personally, since Sourcemore does have a US warehouse....I'd ask that they send you a pre-paid shipping label for you to print out and attach to the package, to return it there. IT would have a Tracking Number, which you could use to check and verify if/when they receive it.

I'd say that upon verification of their receipt of the returned package, you'd expect that within 48 hours: (1) your correct item would be shipped to you, and (2) that email notification of that shipment, with Tracking Number, would be received by you. Otherwise, you'll file a dispute with PayPal or do a chargeback with your CC company (depending on what method you used to make payment).

ETA: Or...if you don't want the Brunhilde any more - I'd tell them that upon verification that they've received the return package, you'd expect a full refund within 48 hours. If none is received, you'll follow through with a dispute with PayPal or do a chargeback with your CC company (depending on what method you used to make payment).

This is next on the list. Sourcemore could surprise me. They could come around before I go nuclear. :)

Unlikely, but you never know. I try to give people as much "walk back" room as is reasonable.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

So far so good.

Simple... It was Sourcemore's Mistake. They should have you send it to their US Warehouse. And a Good Company would reimburse your shipping cost.

BTW - If you send a Declared e-Cigarette to China, will it get thru Chinese Customs?

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Woah woah woah. Hang on a minute. You ordered a specific item. You have not received your item. In the meantime, while you are patiently waiting for your item, Sourcemore decides, for reasons of their own completely unconnected to your pending transaction, to send you a little gift. Nice of them. By the way, when are they planning to send you your stuff? You don't have your order and they have your money. Until you have a Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA in your hand, the transaction has not been completed. The whole "wrong item" thing is a side issue. If they want their gift back, tell them to come and get it.

BTW - sending you something by US mail that you did not specifically ask for and expecting you to pay for it is called mail fraud, and it's a federal crime.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    You ordered a specific item and they sent the wrong item.
    Up to them to correct it all the way around in my mind.

Fasttech system of having you pay to ship to the local warehouse was a small pain, but I always was paid back ASAP for doing that the few times I used it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread