Am I really not supposed to post a new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abe_Katz

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
FL, USA
What is it in vaping that causes the dehydration? Is it the PG or VG? I wouldn't think nicotene content would matter much...

Generally PG is accused of the dehydration. However both PG and VG are what is known as "humicants". That is to say that they draw in water. In the case of vaping usually from your tissues.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Generally PG is accused of the dehydration. However both PG and VG are what is known as "humicants". That is to say that they draw in water. In the case of vaping usually from your tissues.

As I understand it, Humicants(sp) Balance moisture. To much and they absorb, to little and they expell moisture.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
i dont think it really causes any dehydration...it may cause mouth dryness but ive not noticed any sort of dehydration...im a distance runner (about 25 miles a week) and if it did cause any dehydration i think i'd know this pretty quickly..i've been vaping nearly 2 years i've not changed anything about my liquid intake at all...i think its probably folklore

Yes it does. Not listening to people and drinking enough water contributes. When I was really new, and my tastebuds started coming back, I went to a vape shop and totally overloaded on the juice. I was certainly dehydrated, and I hate gatorade, but I drank it anyways. Took a couple of days to feel better.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
When I began vaping I spoke to my GP, Dentist, Surgeon and the Dentist's wife who is a Pharmacist. Numerous times I was told about PG/ VG and dehydration. In particular the Pharmacist ( I'm really impressed these days with their advice and knowledge base) told me even if there were no outward obvious signs of dehydration internally my organs would be impacted as moisture would be diverted from some organs to other organs in more dire need of hydration.
I also had a convert who was dehydrated/ not feeling great but denied he was dehydrated. It had gotten to the point where his fingernails had vertical lines. I showed him this. He finally began hydrating and within a few days felt much better. Within a few weeks the finger "rails" began to go away. He now forces himself to hydrate and his vaping experience has improved dramatically and the finger "rails" have disappeared completely. Our bodies are an amazing creation but sometimes we have to give them a lil' help.

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
i dont think it really causes any dehydration...it may cause mouth dryness but ive not noticed any sort of dehydration...im a distance runner (about 25 miles a week) and if it did cause any dehydration i think i'd know this pretty quickly..i've been vaping nearly 2 years i've not changed anything about my liquid intake at all...i think its probably folklore

No. Not folklore. Perhaps you naturally drink adequate liquids so you don't really notice it. Not everyone does. Some people already drink too little fluids...and vaping can make the problem worse.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I stay dehydrated. lol. I was MUCH worse before I really started researching vaping + dehydration.
When I 1st started vaping I was a 2 soda a day guy. As in, thats ALL I drank. 2 sodas at the most.
I could go months without a single sip of regular water. I drank Soda, and rarely, some juice/beer/liquor/coffee.
But yeah, you really feel drained and sick if you vape all day and only drink 2 sodas, 1 right before bed....

So, I started hydrating. Unfortunately, hydrating isn't the great cure-all for all your problems.
In fact, since I began drinking 4-5 glasses of water a day, I don't feel GREAT or fantastic... I just DON'T feel sick. lol.

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not Appropriate

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not Appropriate

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
how can i post a new thread?????

You can only start new threads in the New Member section until you have 5 posts.

When you're in the New Members area look for a blue button towards the top that says "Post New Thread". It's above all the posts on the page, just below the breadcrumb trail that says "Forum * The E-Cigarette * New Members Forum"

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
I've been on dozens of forums as a admin, mod, and member and find it hard to believe I need 5 posts to post anywhere else in the forum and can't even post a new topic here. As a newbie, how am I supposed to get 5 posts? I don't have knowledge to contribute and work 80+hrs a week so I don't have time for chit chat...either way my posts would be borderline spam to get to 5. I just want to make a post asking for opinions why e-cigs make me so ridiculously sick. I've spent a lot of time searching/reading and haven't found anything that seams to apply to my situation. If I'm allowed to post a topic I'll give more details into my situation.

Also unless I missed it there should be something that lets newbies know we can't post anywhere else in the forum so someone like me doesn't waste 15mins looking for the "post new topic" button. If I wasn't really familiar with forums I would have given up but luckily I know how to (on some forums) make a new topic in a round about way which gave me the pop up message saying I can't post yet.

I apologize If I'm not supposed to make a new post. It just seams unusual to me and the fact I am able to make a new post makes me think I'm just confused.... I'm certainly tired enough.

Regards,
K
all i can say is make the time. these threads are a quitters lifeline. it works if you work the program. tons of people on here to help you. make like a Nike commercial, and "just do it"

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
all i can say is to you guys who havent been here long you will understand after china attacks, it becomes fake name after fake name for a few hours. :hi nice to meet you we have these new clearos just Skype me or my friends to order some", post after post 4 and 5 at a time with new name after new name.
as fast as they delete them 3 more new members sign in with the same spam. without this rule they would attack the whole forum and it would be h ell

Mar 6, 2013
Inland Empire
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: TOS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread