Am I the only one finding the new Uwell Crown III underwhelming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I recently got my new Uwell Crown III tank which I have been looking forward to receiving for a couple of months now since it was first announced.

Reviewer after reviewer has touted this the best Uwell Crown tank by far. They have said the flavour is on point and the coils vape at a higher wattage than that indicated on the guides.

I was expecting great things from this tank but on the first day of vaping it I am finding it underwhelming and run of the mill.

I used the first of the supplied coils being the 0.25 ohm coil and I am finding the flavour a little muted. I am getting the sweet spot closer to 80 watts and not 100 - 120 watts as some reviewers have found. At over 100 watts the vape is quite warm.

The flavour and performance of the coils seem quite similar to the second release coils for the Crown II after the notorious problems of the original coils the Crown II came out with. The yellow o-ring coils vaped quite well but were not fantastic. The Crown III coils don't seem to be any better. Maybe good quality RTA's like the OBS Engine have spoiled me for flavour?

Perhaps I am speaking too soon having only tried one coil for a day now. Any opinions here on the Crown III? What have your experiences been with the tank and what have you found is the ideal wattage for the sweet spot on the 0.25hm and 0.5 ohm coils?

skeeterslint

Jun 10, 2010
usa
Mine the coils seems to spit a bit when you first put them in, but once they got a couple days of use it got better. My only issue right now and this is only using the coils supplied with the tank, is that when I fill it it leaks juice into the bottom cap, air flow open or closed it doesn't matter I always have to mop juice out of the bottom cap after a fill. So far that's my only real con besides the drip tip that comes with it, but that style of tip isn't my style they are just too short for me and I feel like I drool into it all the time.

Reactions: AnthonyB

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Everywhere i look people are complaining about the same issues with the Crown III , my favorites by Uwell are the original , the D1 and the Crown II . Many have complained about the Crown III not having an RBA option .

With the Crown II you must buy the official Crown II RBA even though the Rafale tanks RBA also works in the Crown II but it's not nearly as good as the official Crown II RBA below.

44.pic.jpg

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Everywhere i look people are complaining about the same issues with the Crown III , my favorites by Uwell are the original , the D1 and the Crown II . Many have complained about the Crown III not having an RBA option .

With the Crown II you must buy the official Crown II RBA even though the Rafale tanks RBA also works in the Crown II but it's not nearly as good as the official Crown II RBA below.

View attachment 653859

I still use the original Crown . It is still Uwell's best Crown tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I still use the original Crown . It is still Uwell's best Crown tank.

It's a great tank for sure , coils seem cheap enough at sites like E cig.com but my last Crown 4 pack coil purchase, (two weeks ago) was the first one i have ever bought that two of the coils were bad right off the bat .

I got an overpowering burnt smell from both even after priming and letting the coil sit in the tank for about a half hour , i always start coils at very low wattage and that still had no effect , first time i ever experienced this with the Crown coils .

I haven't tried the other two yet lol.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
Trying C3 using the 0.5 coil as I find 0.2 coils ....e. It's not leaked yet. Only concern is the vape wattage. I am a cool vaper. On 45w right now. I did try 50-60-70. At 70w I found it very warm. Tank simply does not have the airflow for a cool 70w vape where as TFV8 is cool enough. Must admit that the OBS engine has spoiled me. Strongly believe that even a minor drop of juice is complete fail now. If they made some 0.8 C3 coils something for around 30w I would be more inclined. So far so good.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Trying C3 using the 0.5 coil as I find 0.2 coils ....e. It's not leaked yet. Only concern is the vape wattage. I am a cool vaper. On 45w right now. I did try 50-60-70. At 70w I found it very warm. Tank simply does not have the airflow for a cool 70w vape where as TFV8 is cool enough. Must admit that the OBS engine has spoiled me. Strongly believe that even a minor drop of juice is complete fail now. If they made some 0.8 C3 coils something for around 30w I would be more inclined. So far so good.

I agree 100% , one of the biggest negatives besides it coming with no RBA is that it sounds the C3 is geared for even higher wattage vaping than some other Crown tanks which does not interest me .

I much prefer the 0.8 coils myself and prefer vaping well below 70 + watts .

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

Yeah the OBS has spoiled me too. Sub ohm tanks just don't taste as good as they used to after I got an OBS (well all three variants of it actually). The OBS never leaks and I can confidently take it out with me and put it in my pocket or bag. I've become a real fan of top airflows.

The Crown III for a bit better for me after about half a tank or more. It has a nice swooshiness about it. I have only tried the 0.25 ohm coil and the sweet spot seems to be about 95-100 watts for me though it's not a cool vape. It feels warm and harsh sometimes.

I also have the TFV8, Melo 300 and Blazer 200 and those tanks have flavor, that in my opinion, are similar to the Crown 3, except they vape smoother and cooler.

The Crown 3 is solidly built though and I have had no leaks so far, even when I fill it without closing the air flow. That's a big plus for me. All my other bottom air flow sub ohm tanks will leak initially after refilling.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
C3 0.5 ohm coil.
Friday. First tank was spent getting rid of the break in taste.
Saturday. Good. No condensation that u can from the air holes.
Sunday. Some juice at the bottom. Used tissue to soak it up. Not a leak. Must of been from filling it up. Went through 3 tanks and not a single drop. Coil is still working but flavour is dead unless I go from my 45w to 55w. Too warm. Will stick in the 0.2 coil on Monday. For reference my mate thinks the coil tastes fine. I am a bit more flavour sensitive. I change TFV8 big baby coils every 3 days and OBS I wick every 1.5 days, when I am using them.

Reactions: David Wolf

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Just got the Crown 3 as well, and after my Big baby, Cleito 120, TFV8 Im not to impressed so far..

Nice looking, smooth pull ( yet a little restricted compared to the tanks mentioned above ) and the flovor doesn't seem to be coming through as well as the others. Im vaping so far anywhere from 60-90 watts. I was at the local shop and it was between this and the Spirals tank... COnsidering I went there for a lower wattage tank, I think I made a double boo boo today..

Hopefully a little more flavor comes through after a few more tanks, but the resricted airflow ( compared to what I'm used to ) isn't really floating my boat

• Agree
Reactions: Novasonic

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
Guys. Update.
0.5 ohms coil. Not my type. Could never get the temp right.
0.2ohm in box. Good. 44w does it for me. Lasted 5 days for me.
Bought box of coils 0.2ohms.
Coil 1. Excellent. Better than the box one. Lasted 7 days straight.
Coil 2. Excellent. Lasted 6 days. Really hammered the juice on this coil.
Coil 3. Dead in 2 days and around 40ML of juice. Did
Coil 4. Solid so far few days in.

General issues. Leaking. This only happens on initially installing the coil or refilling but this type I can live with. Basically, the pressure on the tank causes the the juice to leak a bit. Simply grab some tissue and let it soak it up. All good after a few seconds. After soaking it up, zero leaks. So only on refilling. Now, when I am out, I am not bothered when refilling. The tank bottom can easily hold the leak until I get home.

I have 2x TFV8, 1x TFV8 BigBaby and 1x TFV12. I find the C3 coils are using a cleaner, cotton less prone to small particles being inhaled. Put simply. Smok tanks were giving me a sore throat. No issue with this tank.

Flavour wise. Okay. Does the job. Smok have better flavour but then again my OBS engine kills all my tanks for the stupid proof tank [emoji849]

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Yeah the OBS has spoiled me too. Sub ohm tanks just don't taste as good as they used to after I got an OBS (well all three variants of it actually). The OBS never leaks and I can confidently take it out with me and put it in my pocket or bag. I've become a real fan of top airflows.

The Crown III for a bit better for me after about half a tank or more. It has a nice swooshiness about it. I have only tried the 0.25 ohm coil and the sweet spot seems to be about 95-100 watts for me though it's not a cool vape. It feels warm and harsh sometimes.

I also have the TFV8, Melo 300 and Blazer 200 and those tanks have flavor, that in my opinion, are similar to the Crown 3, except they vape smoother and cooler.

The Crown 3 is solidly built though and I have had no leaks so far, even when I fill it without closing the air flow. That's a big plus for me. All my other bottom air flow sub ohm tanks will leak initially after refilling.

AnthonyB, I was thinking of purchasing the OBS V Tank base on your knowledge and experience with it. Also I was looking at some V12 coils.
Maybe some V4 coils or V8 coils. I tend to vape at lower watts most of the time, hence V12. What is your opinion of the other two I mentioned?

Shadowtao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Over There
I'm 3 tank a day vaper.
Have had the Crown 3 since they first came out. It leaks from the air flow. It leaks and leaks no matter the position.everytime i talk myself into uses it, it upsets me how it leaks. Its a resl shame. Even brief testing by Uwell would have uncovered the problem. I can only assume they knew and decided to go to market anyway. Mostly it stays put away and i use the Crown 2.

iVape524

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2017
I'm 3 tank a day vaper.
Have had the Crown 3 since they first came out. It leaks from the air flow. It leaks and leaks no matter the position.everytime i talk myself into uses it, it upsets me how it leaks. Its a resl shame. Even brief testing by Uwell would have uncovered the problem. I can only assume they knew and decided to go to market anyway. Mostly it stays put away and i use the Crown 2.

You must have a bad tank. I have been using the crown 3 for months (stainless version) and it has been a dream. No leaks, great coil life, good flavor and I like the drip tip. The only con I have is that it spits a bit after a fill.

Reactions: Shadowtao

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
I've not had any leakage issues. The airflow is more than I need. It's built solid enough to take into battle. The flavor is a bit disappointing for me though. I'm hoping for a RBA or a straight up flavor coil in the future. Until then im cutting more PG into my juice mixes to see if that helps.
I honestly cant tell the difference between the 2 coils, other than power level needed to reach a temperature. I was hoping for a flavor coil/cloud coil choice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shadowtao

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
You must have a bad tank. I have been using the crown 3 for months (stainless version) and it has been a dream. No leaks, great coil life, good flavor and I like the drip tip. The only con I have is that it spits a bit after a fill.

I've had no leaking at all but I've been on the same coil for 2 months on and off. I think you might have a defective tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread