Am I the only one who doesn't think think the Provari is "all that"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
Just checked out the Provari subforum to see what all the fuss is about. Wow, what a cult! Somewhere between the Summer of Love and Jonestown, I think. I've tried these things, and while they're undeniably nice units, imho they really don't vape any better than my old LT 1.0. Sure, build quality, yada yada, but actual performance? In real life? Could someone tell me what I'm missing so I can finally drink the kool-aid?

Last edited:

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
First off, I am not a fanboy, part of a cult, just a person that appreciates quality when they see it. I am tired of all the money I spent on junk products. A YJ 2.5 months old- basically a paper weight. When my YJ was working, I can tell you the same voltage, same juice, same delivery system, different results. The vape was much more constant on the ProVari than my YJ. If you look thru about people getting new devices the comparison is always "insert name or ProVari".

Last edited:

Rick Taps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Wiesbaden, Germany
I am no Provari fanboy by any means, but I do love the one stop shopping and dependability it brings. I set up a coil, test the ohms and adjust on the fly. I know there are other devices that can do the same, but the quality, size and style of the device really is just nice. I'm very satisfied with my mini purchase.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I'm seeing a lot of posts that are "Vamo or evic', or "Zmax, vamo, or Evic" these days. Things have changed.

Certain people are still stuck on repeating posts for certain items even when they don't make sense in the context of the thread. I think it's more diverse than it used to be though.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Its not everyones cup of tea but those who love them swear by the reliability (something you cant see with just one use) and their excellent repair service and warranty.

As far as some of the cheaper mods out there goes, its still too early yet to see if they can reach that bar, at least on those terms, but its not looking very promising. Just do a forum search and note the number complaints on each model, Provari included.

Why buy and go through 3-4 pieces of junk over a 3 year period and have to worry about them failing on you and potentially causing you to go back to analogs when you can spend a little more,save money in the long term and have piece of mind?

Ive noticed that those who have 10-20 mods listed under their name seem to be the most vocal anti-Provari people out there and thats because it isnt made for them. They want mods to be cheap so they can have more, more, more and if thats what keeps them off analogs its all good.Personally I think thats moving into the realm of collector more than vaper but thats another conversation entirely.

On the flip side of that, I'd be willing to bet you money that those who have 3 or fewer PVs are huge fans of the Provari because they dont need anything else.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
A battery is a battery. They all vape the same.

Provaris are extremely accurate, very well-built, and backed up by the company that makes them. If those things are important to you, you'll probably love a Provari. If they're not, and you just want something that can hold your battery under your atty until it dies, go for something cheaper.

Incidentally, in response to Zap's comment, I have about 10 PVs, and I still love the Provari. I have others I love as much, too, a couple I hate, and some I just tolerate, but even with all the other ones I use I still appreciate what makes the Provari a really great PV.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Uhhh the reasons people like it aren't written on mysterious scrolls in far off caves guys.
You can get any piece of it repaired at any time, the repair costs are listed on the site.
Its got a really solid build and its made in the usa so thats big for some people.
most safety features of any other regulated mod including temp monitoring.
(although i think the evic does that now) and it doesn't have a rattlesnake draw sound.
The provari is supposedly more efficient than cheaper vv devices. bat keeps a charge longer.
The provari tells you in error message if there is a short rather than not firing making it useful with rbas.
Self-calibration algorithm keeps the output voltage accurate to 1% or better over the life of the product.

other mods are catching up and if I hadn't bought a provari to make fun of provari users.. lol..
I'd probably still be happy with the "cheaper" mods (even though they aren't too cheap no more lol)
But I trust my provari. Some of the things I listed above are found in the other mods on the market...
But the provari is a catch-all in MY opinion. Its a great, expensive, I wish it were cheaper, I'd have 2, device.

I'm enjoying mine right now with a rebuildable popped on it and some home made tobacco juice.
You buy mods.. You buy things to satisfy you.. You gotta have something your proud of.
If you look at the Zmax and you feel like "wow, thats gonna be my pride n joy someday"
Well then the Zmax is gonna be your pride n joy! Its gonna be that mod u go to wen u wanna feel good!
I always wanted a provari to prove or disprove it's reputation because I was tired of wondering...
SO I got one and I ended up loving it, its my favorite mod. Quality, size, looks, and a good VAPE!

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Just checked out the Provari subforum to see what all the fuss is about. Wow, what a cult! Somewhere between the Summer of Love and Jonestown, I think. I've tried these things, and while they're undeniably nice units, imho they really don't vape any better than my old LT 1.0. Sure, build quality, yada yada, but actual performance? In real life? Could someone tell me what I'm missing so I can finally drink the kool-aid?

Its a good variable voltage mod. That's all. Some people only have Provaris. Some people have them as part of a collection of different mods. And some don't bother with them. I agree they get over-hyped sometimes.

in4mati0n11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Tampa
@ OP A lavatube and a provari side by side with the same wick, coil, juice... No comparison IMO. look at busardo's videos where he measure voltage drop ... etc.

I had a LT before I bought my provari and mounted the atty that was on my lava tube on my provari when I fist bought it and could tell a difference for sure.

I dont own a provari to be cool.... I own it because it is american made and it is extremely accurate. It will also fire a lower resistance coils than most others...

So yeah, there is a difference but until you try them with the same setup side by side, you cannot fully appreciate it for how good it is.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
I want to buy one, as they do look good and they are built well.
But after using the Vamo I don't see me ever buying one unless they change things.
The provari for me need to be VV/VW and also have more than just one button, the button set up on the Vamo is for me perfect, if this was also introduced to the Provari I may be tempted to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread