Am I the only one who might investigate mechs if they weren't so damn ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Most of the ones I've seen look like they were made out of spare parts bought from a steel scrap merchant. Substance over style in every way imaginable and I can see the attraction in that up to a point: durability, they last forever, they won't die anytime soon, you won't be replacing them next week... okay I've run out of mech 'positives'.

I can't help thinking there's a serious case of Emperor's New Clothes with mechs I mean could we not have just a teeny weeny eency bit of style to go with the substance?

I know there are exceptions to this rule but by and large just about every mech that people keep telling newbies they 'must have' looks bloody disastrous.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Probably not. But, I am a 'function over fashionasta' kinda guy!
icon_wink.gif

Don't like da look, don't buy 'em...

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury

Probably not. But, I am a 'function over fashionasta' kinda guy!
icon_wink.gif

Most people are which is fair enough. It would be nice to have the best of both worlds though. I could live with some of them not screaming at me 'made to last' if they looked a little less like something I might hand to the plumber to jam down the kitchen sink if we sprung a leak.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's a lot of good lookin' mech's out there.

I appreciate that, and trust me I look at all of them hoping I'll fall in love with one of them. I haven't yet. I found a black Vamo V5 (by no means considered a great mod I know that) and I liked the look of it then discovered it looks awful after little use and was told to get the SS version.

I hate stainless steel. That's for kitchen sinks not expensive mods, er, in my opinion. I am hopelessly shallow I probably should have explained that. Iffy will buy the best mod in the world, I will buy the one that looks absolutely amazing (and is possibly the worst).

So yeah, subjectivity works both ways.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
But what non mech do you use that you consider better looking?

And please dont say an ego battery. THAT I would consider ugly.

I actually moved to mechs because there is more style and options in them, than there are in non mechs.

Prepare yourself, I hope you're sitting down. I actually think my Ego V3 looks a lot slicker than most mechs. It's black for a start. I like black. I don't like stainless steel. I hate the industrial look it looks cheap to me. And tacky. All your mechs will last 100 years longer than my Ego V3 but in those 100 years they will never look as good.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
Prepare yourself, I hope you're sitting down. I actually think my Ego V3 looks a lot slicker than most mechs. It's black for a start. I like black. I don't like stainless steel. I hate the industrial look it looks cheap to me. And tacky. All your mechs will last 100 years longer than my Ego V3 but in those 100 years they will never look as good.

You want black?

e_vape1__64478.1384801117.1280.1280.jpg

There ya go.

You dont like stainless steel, have you looked at brass?

but meh on the ego. I have them, and use them in the house sometimes. but meh.

And sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there are sooo many other options out there in mechs imo.

Maybe it is my love of firearms and zippo lighters carrying thru into mods. I like chrome and brass and steel....ie, I like metal.

I am still fairly new in my mech adventures. Heck, I even use them with a kick as I like them regulated. But I definitely see myself getting more, mostly because of style.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I used to feel the same about the usual shiny metal tube, but I saw The ELA and changed my mind. I wish they would make black devices, I love black and thats why I got the Saber Touch when I went for my first non-Ego/ kgo device.

This is a pict of the Kicked version ( real long) but it does come in a mini and midi and looks amazing in black. Great sturdy, hard woking semi mech and they have a hundred different options to customize it to your liking, including black , matte black, semi black, black ice and even "blacker"

mg0094.jpg

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I used to feel the same about the usual shiny metal tube, but I saw The ELA and changed my mind. I wish they would make black devices, I love black and thats why I got the Saber Touch when I went for my first non-Ego/ kgo device.

This is a pict of the Kicked version ( real long) but it does come in a mini and midi and looks amazing in black. Great sturdy, hard woking semi mech and they have a hundred different options to customize it to your liking, including black , matte black, semi black, black ice and even "blacker"

mg0094.jpg

Okay, that IS nice :)

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
I appreciate that, and trust me I look at all of them hoping I'll fall in love with one of them. I haven't yet. I found a black Vamo V5 (by no means considered a great mod I know that) and I liked the look of it then discovered it looks awful after little use and was told to get the SS version.

I hate stainless steel. That's for kitchen sinks not expensive mods, er, in my opinion. I am hopelessly shallow I probably should have explained that. Iffy will buy the best mod in the world, I will buy the one that looks absolutely amazing (and is possibly the worst).

So yeah, subjectivity works both ways.

I might be missing some context but the Vamo isn't a mech. It's just a mod.

I wrapped mine so I could customize the look and save the finish -

The all metal look of Mechs was weird at first. But then it grew on me and I want one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread