Am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbjectMisery

Dec 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
Hello,

I just recently received my Sidesho the other day and I am wondering if I am the only one not happy with it at all? I have a Red Dragon and I purchased the Sidesho, because I thought it was going to be an improvment in areas where the Red Dragon was lacking... So far I have not had a pleasant experience with it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like from the get go there was hardly any vapor and what little there was tasted like air... I even decided to try and refill one of the carts and test it out that way and the first couple of drags were nice. Good taste and decent vapor... then it went right back to the same as before.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AM

:confused:

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Also, I am noticing that the battery life seems really short. Like maybe comparable to smoking 3 to for analogs.

That does not seem normal, but if you call me I am sure I can help you out. I know this model very well, and I can help you out with making it work properly.

877-312-3244

macscac

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
i have had an excellent experience with my sidesho
i dont care for the "stock filled carts" but ive been refilling them with either the menthol juice from tony or the chococarvan from dinosaurvapor.info
the throat hit is good and i can get great vapor from it...

as far as battery life goes.. (im using autos) 2 batteries last me all day.
i go through 2 carts a day.

something must be wrong with your unit or you have dry carts

macscac

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
are you refilling the blank carts or the prefilled ones?
ive found that i cant get the material in the blanks to wick very well past 10ish drags.
the prefilled tho are good.
i cut out the foil and the little clear stretchy stuff the foil is attached to...
use your paperclip to fluff the material and then drip in till almost the the top.
im not sure what the johnsoncreek stuff is made from but my juice is a 50/50 pg/vg
and its good

RSV445

Oct 2, 2009
Middletown, NY
Hi Abject, I purchased the Sidesho a little over two months ago. I am very happy with the performance. When I first got it, before hitting, I dripped a few drops on the atty to dilute the primer juice, which is usually has an unpleasant taste. From the start I have had great vapor from the Sidesho.

The cartridges, as with all carts, are problematic because there is no such thing as a perfect cart. As Tony stated, the blue filler seems to work best.

I am using a combination mod on my carts that work well for me. I use a strip of blue foam almost twice the length of the cartridge and I feed it through a spring that is about 3/8 of an inch long. When completed, it kind of resembles the shape of a bow tie. Insert one end into the cart and then fold the remaining evenly on the top of the spring.

When attached to the atty, the spring keeps pressure on the bridge and ensures constant contact with the foam. When the vapor starts to decrease, I pump the cart on the atty a few times and it works like a primer pump. Although I go through a good amount of juice (my own VG mix), I get great vapor consistantly. This has worked the best for me.

If this doesnt help, maybe you have a bad atty and I suggest that you give Tony a call. He is great at addressing issues and I'm sure will help in any way possible.

The Sidesho is a great unit for its size and I'm sure you will like its performance once your issue is resolved.

Enjoy

Rodney

RSV445

Oct 2, 2009
Middletown, NY
See if this works Mac. Sorry for the pics. Iphone=Great phone, sucky pics...

Using the fish tank filter foam (blue of course) I cut a small strip. This is in addition to using Scottyballs spring filler mod. The spring is from an old ballpoint click pen (cut to size).

View attachment 5323

Then using tweezers, I pull the strip through the spring so it sticks out both sides, then trim. After filling the cart with some of my world famous Creme de mint/caramel VG juice, I insert the smaller foam end into the cart first, then tuck the larger end over the top of the spring.

View attachment 5324

When finished, I have a Scottyballs, blue filler, spring mod, with a bow tie twist.

View attachment 5325

Like I said, it may use a bit more juice, but vapor is awesome. Hope this works for you.

Hey Scotty, just remember, the bowtie twist is my baby...LOL:lol:

macscac

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
here you go!!

is the spring on the bottome of the cart?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

RSV445

Oct 2, 2009
Middletown, NY
Wow, what crappy pictures... Sorry everyone8-o Thanks Mac.

In the second picture, you will see the bowtie with the spring attached. The smaller portion of foam is on the right. That is the side that gets inserted first. So, really what is happening, is that the first portion of foam sits on the bottom of the cart with the spring in the middle, and the larger portion closes the top of the cart. Keep in mind that there is only one piece of foam. The whole bowtie goes in the cart.

Bowtie...The search is over! I'd start my own thread if I could post a friggin picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread