AMAZING Results - after one week, 55 yr old has switched!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Texas
To set the story...

I switched to vaping near the first of October this year, about a month ago. I've really enjoyed the experience thus far, and have convinced my mother, a 40+ year smoker, to join me. Previous to vaping, she smoked 1 1/2 packs per day. For the last two weeks she had been using my first "starter kit" re-branded, cigarette look-alike, with some success. She would puff on it occasionally but was still smoking 3/4 a pack per day. She was forcing herself to switch at this point, and did not enjoy vaping. The main catalyst for the change was the increasing price of cigarettes, and her decreasing budget.

So on Wednesday of this week , my mother's eGo-T battery, cartomizers, and some RY4 and caramel cappuccino juice arrived in the mail. It's currently Saturday morning (THREE DAYS LATER), and not less than ten minutes ago, she made the remark "I just smoked a cigarette, and I can't believe this but it tasted awful! I'm not taking the pack with me today!" She then went to work, for the first time in forty years without a pack of cigarettes in her purse. In her purse instead were the eGo and two cartomizers, ready for the day.I am simply in awe of the transformation. She has tried various methods of quitting in the past: gum, patches, cold turkey...none of them worked. Each time it was a visible struggle for her to put the cigarettes down, and each time she carried them with her throughout the "quitting" period, "just in case". It may not mean as much to the unbiased bystander, but it is a miracle that she willingly, even joyfully, put down the cigarettes for good!!!

I'm in tears as I write this, and I just had to share, and thank Everyone at ECF for all the advice, the research done, the coupon codes which tickle my thrifty side, but mainly for the help in the transformation from smoker to vaper, for both me and my mother. THANK YOU!!!

Allen_B

Oct 28, 2011
Clinton, CT
So glad to hear both of you are enjoying this new-found resource but especially happy about your mom!

I am just starting this also and my wife and mother-in-law have decided to join me with their own Volcano Magmas (510 style) kits and I've been very surprised at how quickly they both have adopted them. I suspect that as they all put more distance between themselves and tobacco cigarettes the less attractive they will be, just like what your mom discovered!

Great news and keep on vaping!!

/r

Allen

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Sweetz,

Great to hear about your success and your moms as well!

I'm a little over a month in, and this is my first day without an analog. Only 1 a day for the last three days. Would probably have been quicker, but I wasn't necessarily trying to quit. Just started to really hate the taste they left in my mouth.

Gratz again!

Maximillian the Mostly Mischievious

sweetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Texas
Thank you all so much for the encouraging comments!

I saw a signature the other day on the forums, something to the effect of "I traded a habit for a hobby"...I love that! There's so much to try, and such a long fun road ahead vaping!

You guys are the absolute best, I look forward to getting to know everybody here! :)

-=unkaphil=-

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Florida USA
I've been a smoker since I was 12 years of age. I come from a family of smokers for the last 4 generations on my mothers side. I had been almost constantly exposed to 2nd hand smoke from birth. Neither of my parents smoked. I was handed my first cig at age 12, I picked up the habit right then & continued hard-core until 4 months ago. My GF & I had seen & heard about ecigs for a while. but couldnt find them or interested enough to research them online. She happened to be at the local convenience store & saw they had disposables & kits. When I got home from work she told me they had them. A few days later I was at the same convenience store for cigs, I saws the ecig display, asked the clerk to show me 1 of each item they carry. Read the packaging on each & on impulse decided to buy a $40.00 starter kit as it was the most value for the dollar. I tried it a couple of days later. I was impressed & started researching ecigs online. Three weeks later it was time for our monthly run to the wholesaler for groceries & cigs. I took stock of our cig inventory & I still had 2.5 cartons left & she was out. We decided to not buy cigs that day, she smoked the rest of my brand, while we shopped around online & then decied on a brand & ordered & waited for delivery of our 1st full order of ecig supplies. She has now been smokefree since the order arrived on 10/07/2011. While I went from 2-3 cigars a day, while using the original starter to I still have an occasional cigar. I used to do 1-2 packs of Cigarillos a day. She used to do 2-3 packs of cigarillos a day.
So I am very happy to have gotten on the track to completely quitting after 47 yrs of smoking. And the ultimate joy of it all...WE ARE SAVING $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread