Not open for further replies.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
American Drug Cartels

The United States has been waging a war on drugs in the wrong theater. The biggest drug cartels are right here in our own front yard. They are not over seas; they are not south of the border; they are right here in River City, folks. I am talking about the legal drug pushers - Pharmaceutical companies.

For example, :censored: is a bad thing- it is an opiate. It is illegal to consume. However, if you take any other opiate, prescribed by your doctor and made by a legal pharmaceutical company, you're okay; they're really okay. It is legalized drug addiction for profit.

Approximately 100 years ago, ...... was first marketed as “safe” by Bayer and it was widely prescribed to everyone including children. Around the 1920′s ...... was pulled from the market because of its highly addictive nature. This is why the majority of people understand the dangers of ....... Today, OxyContin and Percocet are two of the frequently prescribed opioids used to treat pain. Both are narcotics containing the active ingredient oxycodone. The molecular structures of ...... and oxycodone are almost identical.

Pain killers are gateway drugs if there ever was. And we worry about the pot from Mexico. Geeze.
Prescription opioid narcotics come from the same place ...... does – the opium poppy. Oxycodone and other legally prescribed opioids mimic the effects of ...... on the body and mind and in fact are used interchangeably by many who are addicted.

Note: Yes, this article does have a lot to do with e-cigs because of the way BP can get away with pushing the FDA around into doing their bidding by using them to issue regulations to eliminate the biggest threat to their profit margins: vapers, vendors, and suppliers of the solution to the harm caused by tobacco.

Note to mods: the article is critical of legal prescription pharmaceuticals.

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
An important part of the equation I'd like to hilight.
The poisons, metals, chemicals in our food & hygeine products make us feel terrible, which is why many are always wanting to reach for an Advil or a beer. Like a frog, we are gradually simmered so we don't jump out. When surgery or accident requires pain pills, the everyday aches & pains we somehow lived with before, are gone. When the pain Meds are given up, our everyday aches & pains are intolerable... we are tossed back into the pot of hot water that we didn't realize we had jumped out of. This time, there is no cold water beginning. It's hot. We want out. This is why it's so hard to give up the pain Meds.
Those who preach: Grow your own food, filter your water, refrain from plastic dishes/bottles, really is more than a lecture, it's a life saver. Pay attention. Everything is stacked against you, except you & your own diligence.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@Uma That is something I discovered years ago. Midol was being advertised incessantly for PMS symptoms. I noticed that if I didn't take it, the symptoms would only last a couple of days. When I took it, the symptoms would last the entire duration.

The pain was manageable without and barely there with meds. I decided, for myself, I could handle the pain without meds. For me, I would rather have less days in pain rather than more days with minimal pain.

After a Major surgery last year, I refused pain meds. I was talked into taking something only at night to sleep better. (an oxymoron when it comes to sleep in a hospital) Normal stay for the surgery I had is 5 days minimum. I was out in three. The part of my body that was affected was able to 'wake up' and start functioning again because it wasn't sedated by the pain meds. Yes it hurt but it was tolerable. Barely.

I still only take a pain reliever only if it is beyond something I can tolerate. Example: moving my head and the head just throbs. LOL hubby knows if I pop an aspirin or equivalent, I'm in some serious pain.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I still only take a pain reliever only if it is beyond something I can tolerate. Example: moving my head and the head just throbs. LOL hubby knows if I pop an aspirin or equivalent, I'm in some serious pain.

So true. Confronting the pain makes it go away. (usually :- ) I've not* taken pain reliever drugs for decades. *There's been only two times I did - a wisdom tooth and one operation on an elbow. (and none on three other operations). And then only when the pain was affecting my total being, where I couldn't think. And when one doesn't take pain killers on a regular basis, it's amazing how well they work. The Tylenol for the wisdom tooth nearly knocked me out. I have taken anti-biotics for colds, but I've only had one in the six years I've been vaping. Used to have @ one a year.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
@Uma That is something I discovered years ago. Midol was being advertised incessantly for PMS symptoms. I noticed that if I didn't take it, the symptoms would only last a couple of days. When I took it, the symptoms would last the entire duration.

The pain was manageable without and barely there with meds. I decided, for myself, I could handle the pain without meds. For me, I would rather have less days in pain rather than more days with minimal pain.

After a Major surgery last year, I refused pain meds. I was talked into taking something only at night to sleep better. (an oxymoron when it comes to sleep in a hospital) Normal stay for the surgery I had is 5 days minimum. I was out in three. The part of my body that was affected was able to 'wake up' and start functioning again because it wasn't sedated by the pain meds. Yes it hurt but it was tolerable. Barely.

My admiration for you just rose even higher. That would have been a tough thing to do in the past, before our bodies were being saturated with poisons & chemicals, & next to impossible in today's society who have to rely on the industry.
If only people realized how hot the water is getting, before they have an injury or surgery! So many addictions would never happen as they ease back into normal cool water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread