American E Liquid Store...VG To Die For

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeYourHairSmellsTerrific

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
I've recently come to the conclusion that PG burns my tongue. Badly. So I've been on a mission to try plenty of VG and see how that goes. Honestly I'm not huge on throat hit anyway and love lots of vapor so VG is a good choice for me. My Vapor King (KR808D-1), makes huge throat hit so a bit softer juice works for me. And I'm right, my tongue is better already, which is a huge relief. So I ordered from two suppliers last week, hit pay dirt both times, and here's the breakdown on one of them, the other later on.

American E Liquid Store = Great VG!
This is a great source for American made juice. Their customer service is top notch all the way. Fast helpful reply to special request in comments section of my order. They were totally willing to comment on the strength of their flavors and while I'd hate to promise that they will always do it they mixed my order with quantity of flavor just to my liking. I am taste bud deficient :oops:

I ordered Thursday night, got my order Monday. Sure have to compliment their service, especially since this juice is all mixed to order. Lightning fast. Free priority mail over $35.

All juices arrived in glass eye dropper type bottles, which I love. The 10ml size looks pretty generously filled to me. Great selection of VG and PG juices, lots of stadard flavors plus some very nice more creative ones. Their site details exactly which juices have no PG at all from the flavors in them, so you can tell if you're buying completely PG free. I'm not worried about little bits of PG so not an issue for me but the truly allergic will be happy to see that info supplied.

All my liquids are 12mg. nic.

I tried Black Cherry although I'm scared of cough syrup juice so avoid Cherry. Not a trace of that medicinal taste, vaping this stuff is just like...oh maybe a cherry slush puppy? It's AMAZING!!!

BlackBerry Champagne is tasty and keeps you coming back for more. It's not terribly subtle the way I ordered it, which is perfect, I hate to find myself guesssing if what I'm vaping has an actual taste. You have no problem finding this flavor. Usually a champage will be too subtle for me, this stuff rocks!

Butter Rum. Wow, this is one I haven't had luck with DIY'ing and I won't bother to try again. Amazing rich flavor, not too much of anything, just perfect. Great vapor obviously and a flavor I just keep craving. I need to order this in a huge bottle. Now.

Other flavors I will work my way through and post, but this place rocks so far, a perfect 10 for me!!!
American eLiquid Store

turtle617

Nov 7, 2009
backstage
I'm still pretty new to this (about 6 weeks) I've been trying out different e-liquids (all PG) from various vendors.... and never quite achieved the level of clouds I've seen in some of these videos. And the PG juice somehow just didn't sit right (numb tongue, etc). So after combing thru these boards, it seems that VG was the way to go. And the search began!

For my hardware - I'm using 801's and 4072's.

I ordered from American eLiquid Store Friday evening and got my package today!! One of the main reasons I ordered from them is for their VG juice and easy to navigate website - So I ordered a 30ml of 36mg vg base, plain vg, a sampler pack (that was already mixed - I just like a very subtle hint of flavor so I thought I'd just add a little to my mix - yep- already dabbling in diy)

Well, I love their product! Customer service was wonderful! (thank you Don) The vapor is like a huge billowing cloud. Plenty of TH, but it's smooth. The nic level is enough to not even think about an analog. The flavor - well - I haven't tried it on it's own - just adding a few drops of the juice they mixed into what I mixed.... AND I still got lots of flavor!

And after trying out about a half dozen juice vendors - I believe that I finally found my store!

ZorbaTheGreek

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
heir site details exactly which juices have no PG at all from the flavors in them, so you can tell if you're buying completely PG free.
You're welcome :D It was me pestering them in emails about what liquids use PG based flavoring that brought them to add this list of what items are totally PG free :) I do love their liquids though. And must agree great service, and great liquid. I'm almost out of the blueberry champagne (my favorite) and need to get on a new order :)

lostdaze

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Illinois
American eliquid was the first company I ordered juice from, I wasnt sure what to think of it with out having anything to compare it too.
I have problems vaping pg, it burns my tounge, throat, and lungs.
Ive ordered some vg from other sources with the same results as pg.
It seems they merely put a vg sticker on their pg, it looks smells and has the same consistancy as pg, how do we know whats actually in it?

If it wasnt for American eliquids vg juices I would simply go back to analogs.
Ive wasted too much money trying out nasty liquids.

I think there needs to be regulations on people distributing eliquid.

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I'm not a person who has a huge problem with PG or VG, but I do prefer a mix of the two... I will definitely take a look at their site...

Also, you folks with PG issues may also want to try Vermont Vapors, too... normally, I wouldn't mention another company in a review thread, but I do know the VG suppliers aren't nearly as numerous as the PG suppliers... so I'm just throwing that in to help.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Vermont Vapors in any way... I ordered from them once and got decent prices, full VG juice, great service and prompt delivery... as for flavors... YMMV!

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
thx karl, I will definetly try them out

BTW, the flavors I got were cherry and mint (not menthol, mint)...

--cherry was tasty, but not real strong on flavor... I have some PG cherry coming from another place that I'm going to mix with it, since I prefer a mix of PG/VG in my vapes..

--mint was very good and stronger than the cherry, but it only seems to hit certain parts of the mouth... I'll be blending it, as well...

So there you go... a mini-review... I give both flavors a thumb sideways and cocked up at a 30 degree angle...

Layyyter...

BurnRubber

Dec 17, 2009
SF Bay
I just received some of their Marlborough 24mg and Menthol 24mg. The menthol is definitely menthol and not mint, I can smell it through the bottle! The tobacco flavor smelled odd to me while filling my first KR8omizer with it, kinda like some sort of bitter soda, reminded me of Moxie soda. So here's what I think about vaping this stuff:

-tons of vapor, like VG should
-not sweet at all, unlike most of the PG liquids I've tried, my homebrew NOW VG juice is very sweet like honey, so I don't have a clue how they managed to counteract the sweetness
-kinda tastes like a mix of rich exhaust fumes and Moxie soda, only on exhale, I guess it could be described like bitter root beer or sasparilla, maybe licorice and spices, cardamom maybe? Echh.
-it leaves a slight aftertaste of the funny bitter flavor I can't figure out
-the exhale vapor smells like it too

I guess the flavor was mixed to try to approximate the gasoline engine exhaust or burnt plastic flavor and aftertaste of Marlboro cigarettes. It's not completely disgusting to me, but tastes like chemicals so I don't think I'll be using this stuff anymore. I was hoping they'd have another tobacco flavor, bot sadly no, so I settled fot the Marb flavor. now I kinda wish I just ordered a fruit flavor or something. I'm going to contact them to ask if it's supposed to taste like this, or if I got a bad batch. It really doesn't taste like any real tobacco I've ever smoked, but replicates the noxious fume component of the popular chemmy commercial cigarettes a little.

I'll probably be ok with the menthol liquid, since it's straight menthol without any "tobacco":lol: flavorings.

I wish Vermont Vapor had some tobacco or maple flavor in stock when I ordered, they were my first choice to try out, but I had to settle. I should have waited.:nah:

BurnRubber

Dec 17, 2009
SF Bay
I'm still waiting for them to contact me back about my complaint on the Marlborough flavored juice. I'm hoping they'll let me exchange it for another flavor, like the Kona Coffee or something. I just don't see myself adjusting to the Marb, since it kinda rubs me the wrong way. I smoked Winston and American Spirit before vaping, so I am sensitive to the additive flavors that others enjoy and crave.

Heck, if you want to give it a try, and they don't honor my customer service request, I'll sell you my 30ml minus 25 drops for $12 shipped. I'm hoping they come through for me though, because I'll be a return customer if they're helpful. Good VG e-juice is rare at this stage of the game, and I'm looking for a supplier I can count on fully.

BurnRubber

Dec 17, 2009
SF Bay
Don from American eLiquid Store contacted me via e-mail today and confirmed that the latest batch of Marlborough flavoring was different than the ones in the past. He said that another customer also had a complaint about it tasting like licorice. He offered a full refund or another bottle of the revised Marlborough liquid when they have the situation rectified. I opted to try out the revised flavor because I haven't given up on them yet. I also suggested that they make a natural tobacco flavor or tone down the chemmy flavor in the Marl flavor enough to appeal to vapers who dislike that aromatic hydrocarbon flavor component. I'll post an update about how it goes.

GeeYourHairSmellsTerrific

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
:thumbs:Yes this is truly a thoughtful and caring company. They did a bulk email to all customers about the issue with the Marb flavor actually. I got it even though I haven't ordered Marb and they're obviously commited to making good on customer satisfaction! I need to order up some more Black Cherry, really love that flavor. The regular cherry is good, but not in the same league as the Black Cherry! This company gets a definate :thumbs: from me!

robstc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
:thumbs: I also have to give a two thumbs up. I was the one saying it tasted like licorace and the dealings with the customer has been A1 all the way. Unbelievable the way they care about what they are doing. Looking forward the the reformulated mix, still searching for the elusive tobacco taste of my Marlboro Red's.

BurnRubber

Dec 17, 2009
SF Bay
So I'm still waiting to hear anything about my replacement Marlborough flavor juice, and I'm running out of alternatives to vape in my stash. I opened up my bottle of American eLiquid Store Menthol 24mg VG, and filled a blank cartomizer with it and I'm giving it a try as I type.

It's definitely a true menthol, without any mint at all. Nice and smooth, makes the cool sensation in my mouth and numbs my lips a tad. Not much taste other than the menthol aftertaste I've experienced with Halls cough drops. tons of vapor, not harsh on my throat, works for me. I'd like to try this with some tobacco flavor juice when I eventually get delivery, since this is straight menthol with no additional flavoring. I'm pleased that this is making my throat feel better, since it's a little raw from a Chinese green tea pre-filled carto I used yesterday.

It's funny, I actually had to remove my bottle of bunk Mboro liquid from my stash box, since the Moxy smell leaches out of the bottle and started making everything in there smell like it.

I feel bad not using the bad Mboro, since I don't like to waste anything, but I tried it again a couple days ago and it still rubs me the wrong way. The aftertaste of bitters just grosses me out too much, like something I would never want to eat or be exposed to. I'll probably save it for an emergency in case I get desperate, which I hope never happens!

I hope the new Marlborough tastes a lot different, what you describe Rejoice sounds nice since I like chocolate and um, tobacco!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread