American eLiquid Store: 6 flavors tried, overall excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I just started vaping a few months ago, and bought a blue 510 with an assortment of 3 mL sample bottles of e-liquid, all from Strictly E-Juice (henceforth referred to as 'SEJ'). When I was running low on e-liquid, I made a second and a third order from SEJ. While I was quite happy with their (Dekang) e-liquid, I wanted to branch out to see what else is available.

After reading various peoples' reviews on the many e-liquid suppliers out there, I came across American eLiquid Store (henceforth referred to as 'AES'), which had many favorable reviews.

I saw their Flavor Sample Pack, which includes 10 mL bottles of any 5 of the 17 flavors they offer. I was disappointed to see that the only available levels of nicotine were 6 mg/mL, 12 mg/mL, and 24 mg/mL. I've discovered that I prefer 18 mg/mL e-liquid for the more standard tobacco flavors and 12 mg/mL e-liquid for the sweet/fruit/etc. flavors.

I sent AES an email stating my preferences, and asked them if they could add an 18 mg/mL option. They replied back and added 18 mg/mL e-liquid -- now they offer e-liquid with nicotine levels of 0 mg/mL, 6 mg/mL, 12 mg/mL, 18 mg/mL, 24 mg/mL, and 36 mg/mL. AES thanked me for the suggestion and offered me a coupon code for 10% off of my first order with them.

I ordered the following, which was delivered this afternoon:

15 mL bottle of Tobacco - Virginia Flue Cured @ 18 mg/mL
Flavor Sample Pack with:
10 mL Menthol @ 18 mg/mL
10 mL Djarumn Black Clove @ 18 mg/mL
10 mL Keoke Coffee @ 12 mg/mL
10 mL Blackberry Champagne @ 12 mg/mL
10 mL English Toffee @ 12 mg/mL

(all with PG as the base liquid)

The total was just over $35 with the discount, so shipping was free.

A day after I made the order, I came across a page on their site that recommends VG over PG for their e-liquid, even if you do not have any problems or sensitivity to PG. The order was marked in their status system as 'Awaiting Fulfillment'. I sent them a message asking that if my order had not yet been processed and shipped, if they could switch the order to VG liquid. I told them that if my batch of liquid has already been made (they freshly make all of their e-liquid as orders come in) with PG, that would be perfectly fine, as I have not experienced any issues with PG.

I received a reply a few hours later (on a Saturday) that my order had already been shipped. But they are sending me a free bottle of VG liquid so I can compare the two. I chose English Toffee, and now have a 15 mL bottle of VG English Toffee @ 12 mg/mL on the way at no cost. Awesome customer service -- they went up and beyond what was expected.

Onto the e-liquid...

The e-liquid was packed in a well-padded envelope. My 6 bottles had arrived with no damage or leaking. They used the same 15 mL bottle for all 6 flavors -- the sample pack containing 10 mL of liquid per flavor were generously filled, probably containing around 11 - 12 mL each.

Tobacco - Virginia Flue Cured: Good, but very subtle tobacco flavor. So subtle that the first few puffs I couldn't really pick out any tobacco flavor. It's there, just not as much as I would like. It's also bit sweeter than I expected. Despite this, I really do like it -- it's just not what I expected. Next time I'll try the plain Tobacco flavor.

Menthol: Great flavor. It's actually menthol and not mint like the other 'menthol' e-liquid I've tried. Much closer in flavor to a menthol cigarette. Very nice.

Djarumn Black Clove: I was warned that this was strong, but thought I would be OK as I enjoy very strong, unfiltered clove cigarettes. The flavor is extremely potent, way too much so. This was the only flavor I did not like. Even mixing it 1:4 Clove:Tobacco is too much. It also tastes like a mix of clove and anise or licorice. I'm not a big fan of licorice, so this one is not for me. I'm going to see if I can exchange it for something else, probably the plain Tobacco flavor because of my above thoughts on the Virginia Flue Cured.

Keoke Coffee: Awesome. It tastes just like coffee made light and sweet with cream and sugar. I love this one.

Blackberry Champagne: Wow! Great flavor. Sweet, but not cloyingly sweet. It's a somewhat subtle flavor compared to the others but the flavor is all there and at a perfect strength.

English Toffee: Another Wow! This is my favorite out of the whole order. Like the Blackberry Champagne, it's just sweet enough. The flavor is much stronger and tastier than the Dekang English Toffee e-liquid I've used in the past.

I am overall very satisfied with my order with the exception of the clove. The e-liquid at AES is definitely a big step up from the Dekang e-liquid that most suppliers mix and relabel.

I highly recommend American eLiquid Store. They have great products made in the USA, fast shipping, and phenomenal customer service.

Last edited:

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
I too ordered from American e-Liquid. I purchased 4 30ML bottles of Menthol and a sampler pack with Butter Rum, Flue Cured, Clove, cherry and one other I can't remember- 5 10ML bottles.

I haven't been overly excited about any of the flavors so far but they are good in their own right. None of them are perfumy and all have a good flavor, just not much to my taste.

Menthol- I was a bit disappointed in this, it's a very mild flavor. I typically like my menthol / mint to be very strong.

Virginia Cured Tobacco- Much sweeter than I imagined and not much of a tobacco flavor.

Butter Rum- Butter Scotch basically

Clove- Holy smokes, I had to switch to a new cart to get the flavor to go away. It is what I was expecting except much stronger. Annis and clove are the predominant flavors.

Cherry - Haven't tried it yet, doesn't really sound appealing to me personally but it smells good!

I'm not much of a flavored juice kind of guy outside the Tobacco / Menthol arena but I figured I'd give it a shot. Their shipping was quick and their prices were good for an US made e-liquid. For those of you whole like flavored liquids like those above, they are pretty darned good! If their menthol was stronger I'd order from them more :)

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
American eLiquid Store's customer service is incredible. I sent them a message last night with my comments about the Djarumn Black Clove flavor, and received a response this morning.

Interestingly, they did confirm that an extremely small amount of a black licorice type flavor is included in their Djarumn Black Clove e-liquid, because it is there (also an extremely small amount) in actual Djarum Black clove cigarettes. It's only a tiny amount, but apparently a small number of people are extremely sensitive to that flavor, and in those people, the black licorice flavor becomes much more prominent.

They offered to replace it (despite already having a bottle of VG English Toffee already on the way), and I am replacing it with the standard Tobacco flavor. I was quite prepared to accept the bottle of VG English Toffee as the replacement for the PG Djarumn Black Clove, but AES again went above and beyond what was necessary.

Their customer service is awesome -- they really do want you to be happy with your order.

I'll post more when I receive the VG English Toffee and the standard Tobacco e-liquid.

Interestingly, it's a small amount of the flavor, and it's there because that flavoring is in the real Djarum Black Clove cigarettes. However, it seems that a small number of people really taste that flavor a lot over the other ingredients (everyone's taste buds are different, so it's hard to make a flavor that everyone like equally well). What we did for our internal tester who was sensitive to that flavor is we mixed him up a batch that didn't have the Licorice tasting stuff, and we replaced that with an amount of our normal Tobacco flavoring... So then end result was kind of a Tobacco - Clove. We didn't put that flavor in product, but our tester liked it a lot. So I'd can either send a bottle of that to you or our regular Tobacco that you asked for. Let me know which flavor you would prefer.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
They have two new Tobacco flavors available now. Here's what their newsletter says about them...

2 NEW FLAVORS

1. Tobacco - Cherry. When mixing multiple flavors together, it's tough to get the blend just right, especially with anything Cherry. As existing customers already know, our Cherry is a really strong flavor, and we didn't want that with this flavor. We wanted it to be Tobacco, with just a hint of Cherry, and that's what this one is. FYI, this is a new favorite of a couple of our internal testers, so we expect this to be quite popular.

2. Tobacco - Menthol. One of the questions we often get is "is your menthol just menthol, or does it have Tobacco in it". Now our answer is "Yes, and Yes". We're still keeping our previous Menthol available, which is pure menthol, and pretty strong. That's the way our internal Menthol tester likes it, really strong. With this new flavor, you now have choices in Menthol. This one is a blend of Tobacco and Menthol. While the menthol taste is not overpowering, you'll definitely feel it on your taste buds.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
The bottle of VG English Toffee (12 mg/mL) was delivered today.

The VG e-liquid is thicker than the PG, but it is nowhere near the "syrup" consistency that others have described. My 510 has no problems with it, both in cartridges with blue foam or dripping directly.

It definitely produces more vapor than the PG e-liquid. The PG is no slouch, but the VG makes a great cloud of vapor.

Taste is very similar, with the VG just a bit "smoother".

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I received the bottle of Tobacco e-liquid from American eLiquid Store today. Like I mentioned above, it was made and sent out over the holiday weekend, which is great service, especially for a small company like AES.

This is definitely what I was looking for. The tobacco flavor is much stronger than the Virginia Flue Cured, with just a tiny hint of nutty sweetness. It's very smooth, and reminds me of the Nat Sherman MCD cigarettes I used to smoke.

Another great product from AES. Combined with the phenomenal customer service -- something that can be sorely lacking from many businesses nowadays -- I definitely recommend trying American eLiquid Store.

SmackyTheFrog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Salina, KS
I received the bottle of Tobacco e-liquid from American eLiquid Store today. Like I mentioned above, it was made and sent out over the holiday weekend, which is great service, especially for a small company like AES.

This is definitely what I was looking for. The tobacco flavor is much stronger than the Virginia Flue Cured, with just a tiny hint of nutty sweetness. It's very smooth, and reminds me of the Nat Sherman MCD cigarettes I used to smoke.

Another great product from AES. Combined with the phenomenal customer service -- something that can be sorely lacking from many businesses nowadays -- I definitely recommend trying American eLiquid Store.

Jersey, was the tobacco VG or PG?

Doctor_Who

Feb 7, 2010
Arizona
Just Ordered from AES, got the sampler pack and awaiting its arrival.
flavors that I will be trying are the tobacco, menthol, blackberry champagne, tobacco-cocoa, and djarmn black clove....... and yes I will continue the trend of ordering that flavor with full awareness of everyone elses posts. I included in my comments that I wanted to try the new version of it though so i'll see if its any good.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Jersey, was the tobacco VG or PG?

The Tobacco was VG @ 18 mg/mL

In total, I've received from them:

*15 mL Tobacco (VG): 18 mg/mL
15 mL Tobacco - Virginia Flue Cured (PG): 18 mg/mL
10 mL Menthol (PG): 18 mg/mL
10 mL Djarumn Black Clove (PG): 18 mg/mL
10 mL Keoke Coffee (PG): 12 mg/mL
10 mL Blackberry Champagne (PG): 12 mg/mL
10 mL English Toffee (PG): 12 mg/mL
*15 mL English Toffee (VG): 12 mg/mL

* indicates a complimentary bottle

American eLiquid Store sent me the complimentary 15 mL bottle of English Toffee with VG at 12 mg/mL so I could compare their PG versus their VG e-liquids.

AES also sent me a complimentary 15 mL bottle of Tobacco with VG at 18 mg/mL to replace the 10 mL bottle of Djarumn Black Clove with PG at 18 mg/mL that I did not like.

With the 10% discount code they gave me for a detailed list of suggestions I sent to them, one of which was quickly implemented (adding more nicotine strengths besides the 6 mg/mL, 12 mg/mL, and 24 mg/mL which they offered at first -- now they have available nicotine strengths of 0 mg/mL, 6 mg/mL, 12 mg/mL, 18 mg/mL, 24 mg/mL, and 36 mg/mL), the total price of my first order was only $36 with free shipping.

Despite the relatively small order, they gave me 2 complimentary 15 mL bottles of e-liquid for the reasons described above. Finally, a company that truly wants to make everyone happy, and who understands that throwing in a couple of complimentary bottles for reasonable requests by customers will greatly help them keep customers making additional orders in the future.

When the time comes, I certainly will be ordering from American eLiquid Store again.

Doctor_Who

Feb 7, 2010
Arizona
Alright so after a little complication I received a regular sample pack at 6mg.... but worry not, because a simple email and they sent my missing flavors overnight fedex (because I let them know I was completely out) as well as a bottle of tobacco-sweet and a 10dollar off coupon for my next purchase, and I got to keep the flavors they sent.

All I can say is WOW that is some amazing customer service.

But without good flavors the customer service would be for nothing... good thing they have that in abundance.
seeing as my previous supplier was Halo they had a lot to compete with and I have to say they're flavors are spot on.
The tobacco tastes like tobacco, the menthol tastes like menthol.
and the snozberries taste like , well you get the joke.

the tobacco-clove without anise is great if you like clove cigarettes. it even has the same numbing effect.

the tobacco-cocoa is my favorite, although it is a chocolate syrup taste.
I can see how VG has a lower amount of flavor, but thats what I like, a subtle flavor.
and the tobacco isn't sweet which I have been searching everywhere for. cigarettes aren't sweet.

So I give this site a A+++ a plus for product, a plus for price, and a plus for customer service.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Update:

The 18 mg/mL VG Tobacco is quite thick; it is noticeably thicker than the 12 mg/mL VG English toffee. But my 510 has absolutely no issues with it. It is the best tasting Tobacco flavor I have tried. It tastes like an actual cigarette (but much "cleaner" and "smoother" than a cigarette of course).

Mixing the 18 mg/mL VG Tobacco 2:1 with the 18 mg/mL PG Menthol tastes like an actual menthol cigarette.

Vapor production with the VG liquid is immense. While I never had a real issue or sensitivity to PG e-liquid, I will be going exclusively with VG in the future, unless I find a flavor that is only available with PG.

I tried the American eLiquid Store 18 mg/mL PG Djarumn Black Clove again recently, at a 1:3 ratio with the 18 mg/mL VG Tobacco, which made it much more tolerable. It still doesn't do it for me though. In my next order I will try the Tobacco - Clove (without the anise flavoring).

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I'm curious - does their VG leave a coating on the mouth or tongue? Ive found with some VGs this can be an issue where it has an almost oily residue; not all (the BASIC from cignot is very clean for example) but some.
The juice from AES - which I totally don't need but might try anyway (lol) - sounds interesting.

gamedemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Illinois
I'm curious - does their VG leave a coating on the mouth or tongue? Ive found with some VGs this can be an issue where it has an almost oily residue; not all (the BASIC from cignot is very clean for example) but some.
The juice from AES - which I totally don't need but might try anyway (lol) - sounds interesting.

NOT AT ALL ! They are my go to supplier. When Halo ran out, I went on the hunt for another daily vape. Got their Tobacco, and blessed the day Halo was out. Their Tobacco flavor rocks, is cheaper, and great customer service...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread