American eLiquid Store: 6 flavors tried, overall excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
WHich of the tobaccos do you use? There seems quite a few lol

Yeah, there are definitely a few different tobacco varieties to choose from. I think he is referring to the standard "tobacco". That's what I have (18 mg/mL VG) and it is awesome. The "tobacco - Virginia Flue Cured" (18 mg/mL PG) didn't have much of a tobacco flavor and is fairly sweet. I definitely like it, but their standard "Tobacco" is much more in line with what I was looking for -- a nice, true tobacco flavor.

vermonter16

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
Manassas, VA
I received the bottle of Tobacco e-liquid from American eLiquid Store today. Like I mentioned above, it was made and sent out over the holiday weekend, which is great service, especially for a small company like AES.

This is definitely what I was looking for. The tobacco flavor is much stronger than the Virginia Flue Cured, with just a tiny hint of nutty sweetness. It's very smooth, and reminds me of the Nat Sherman MCD cigarettes I used to smoke.

Another great product from AES. Combined with the phenomenal customer service -- something that can be sorely lacking from many businesses nowadays -- I definitely recommend trying American eLiquid Store.

Just wondering which flavor reminded you of the Nat Sherman smokes...have a friend who is thinking of switching - that is what she smokes....

chanderson50

Jun 16, 2010
milwaukie, or
after reading through this thread I decided I had to try AEL for myself.
I've been using another supplier from here and have been disappointed. I was beginning to think all vaping was, was just that. flavored steam. I ordered the 5 pack sampler in 36mg vg and a 60ml bottle of 26mg pg (for mixing and cutting).
here's the flavors I ordered:
tobacco
tobacco-sweet
vanilla
butter rum
black cherry
tobacco-virgina cure (60 ml bottle)

first, I have to say wow to the fast shipping. ordered on fri, received on mon.
second, the vapor was incredible. I tried the regular tobacco first and it was the closet thing to actual smoke I've had to date. rich and full. It tasted exactly like a cigar tobacco. I swear I even had a tobacco rush like a true analog. Is it my imagination?

As far as the other flavors go. I like the butter-rum and the black cherry. the vanilla is ok, but very mild

The other tobacco flavors are horrible IMO. They have some sort of spicy licorice or anise or clove kind of taste that I don't like. Again, this is because of my likes and dislikes and NOT about the quality of their liquid. I tried so many of the tobacco flavors because I'm looking for something that compares to the tobacco flavor of my original smoke 51 duo (i case anyone knows how to recreate their flavor).

My big mistake was the big bottle. wish I had ordered it in the straight tobacco flavor.

All in all I think AEL is awesome. best juice I've had yet. I will be returning as I find my perfect choice of flavors.Thank you AEL for great service and awesome vape.

chanderson50

Jun 16, 2010
milwaukie, or
I just want to add an update.
I contacted American e-liquid and even though it was my mistake to order a big bottle
of something untried they offered to exchange it for something I like. PLUS! they sent my 3 sample bottles of other flavors to try as well. They have BY FAR!
the best customer service of anyone on the web. BTW- the flavors I didn't like were well received by my neighbors. 2 out of 3 of them liked the spicy flavor of the tobacco-sweet & the tobacco-virginia cure. If you like anise, you'll will love these as well. It just wasn't my cup of tea. They are now and will be my go-to source for juice and 510 accessories.
Thank you AEL!

Macromny

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Jacksonville Florida
Got my order and I am sorry to say I was not impressed. I ordered Tobacco, Flu Cured Tobacco, Tobacco Menthol, and Cherry Cheesecake.

All the tobacco's taste like they were soaked in cedar chips especially the flu cured. And I mean overwhelming like standing in a cedar lined closet. Don't know if there was just a problem with the order and actually think that may be the case since I have not seen one mention of the cedar taste which cannot be missed.

The Cherry Cheeesecake was fun and good for a switch from time to time.

Anybody tried Ecopure English Toffee and American eLiquid Store English Toffee, I liked the Ecopure but would like a little a higher nic level and a little stronger flavor.

Haven't tried the Ecopure yet, but I did buy the AEL english toffee for my mother last week to go with the new eGo kit I bought her. She LOVES the toffee (and the tobacco and champagne, too)!

I ordered some for myself earlier today, can't wait to try it myself.

AEL's VG is the only kind I like so far...their non-tobacco menthol is my everyday vape, and the Keoke coffee and the blackberry are my 'dessert'. :)

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
They do have great customer service, but I was not overly impressed with their juice. Their tobacco flavors have a weak tobacco taste at best. The vg was to thick and dark colored. I believe cause a ego-t atty to fail in less than a week. They did replace it without any problem, so I give them a thumbs up for customer service.

Last edited:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
They do have great customer service, but I was not overly impressed with their juice. Their tobacco flavors have a weak tobacco taste at best. The vg was to thick and dark colored. I believe cause a ego-t atty to fail in less than a week. They did replace it without any problem, so I give them a thumbs up for customer service.

I'm really surprised by that statement? The AEL tobacco flavors i tried are very potent. Their plain "Tobacco" flavor is different, being like a fresh tobacco leaf instead of like a cured tobacco of some kind, but the "Sweet Tobacco" and others have a robust pipe tobacco like taste to them... at least that's what i thought.

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
I'm really surprised by that statement? The AEL tobacco flavors i tried are very potent. Their plain "Tobacco" flavor is different, being like a fresh tobacco leaf instead of like a cured tobacco of some kind, but the "Sweet Tobacco" and others have a robust pipe tobacco like taste to them... at least that's what i thought.

What device are you using to vape with? For me, using a standard 510 with 3.0ohm cartomizer, I get the sweet taste with the tobacco sweet but not much tobacco taste and not a lot of throat hit with 18mg 100%vg. With a ego and mega cartomizer I get much more of a throat hit but still really sweet with little tobacco taste.

Last edited:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I first used their liquids in an m401. The 100% vg really helped for vapor production on that model since it's somewhat underpowered, but it does also make for less throat hit. Since then I've vaped it with a bunch of different setups, from std 510s to MODs with LR attys. I don't use thier liquids regularly anymore, but sometimes i mix some of the "Sweet Tobacco" into other pg/vg bacco blends to make them more bacco'y and to bump up the VG.

But all this talk of tobacco flavors... what of the Blackberry Champagne... that stuff is delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread