Ammit MTL RDA By Geekvape Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
For all you mouth to lungers out there, Geekvape has come through to provide you with a mouth to lung rda. A single coil rda that caters for your needs as a mouth to lung vaper!

It is a simple yet elegant looking 22mm single coil rda that from pictures looks to have a lot of airflow, but pictures can be deceiving. This 22mm RDA boasts a leak proof top to bottom airflow design and pleasing looks while still being as simple to use as possible.

ammit-6.jpg

Contents:

Inside the box you will receive:
  • 1x Ammit MTL RDA
  • 1x Stainless steel drip tip
  • 1x Delrin Drip tip
  • 1x Allen Key
  • 1x Spare parts pack
  • 1x Flathead screwdriver
  • 2x Clapton coil (0.7ohm)
  • 1x User Manual
  • 1x Gold Plated Squonk Pin
GeekVape Ammit MTL RDA Specs and Features
  • 22mm
  • Single Coil RDA
  • 510 Drip Tip
  • Leak-proof Design with Top to Bottom Airflow System
  • 12 Airflow Adjustment Options for Perfect Restriction
  • Innovative Dual-layer Chamber Structure to Provide Outstanding Heat Dissipation Effect
  • 3 MTL Drip Tips for Various Preference
  • Two-post Build Deck with Deep Juice Well
ammit.jpg

Design:

This RDA is available in 7 colour options which include: Black, Stainless Steel, Gold, Blue, Rainbow, Gunmetal and Violet. There isn’t much branding on the RDA besides a single image printed on the side of the barrel. Included with this RDA is 3 different types of drip tips to suite your style. Each drip tip offers a different kind of draw due to the bore size being different.

The Ammit MTL features a top airflow design which prevents leaking due. On the deck you’ll see 2 airflow holes on either side of the deck. With this RDA, air enters through the top, makes its way down (Through the side of the chamber) to the 2 air slot openings, and hits the coil from the bottom at either side. By having this dual chamber design on the top cap, the RDA dissipates heat faster, keeping it cool. The inner chamber has a distinct conical/dome shaped design which helps with providing you with a dense and flavorful vape. Directly under your coil, there is a screw/insert that can be removed to reveal the 3rd airflow opening that will hit your coil from the bottom. By default, this will be closed.

The Ammit features a dual post design which many of you will be familiar with. The juice well on this RDA is rather big which you would expect since you won’t be having the convenience of dripping through the drip tip. You also get a Bottom Feeding pin for this RDA as well so using this on your BF mods is possible.

ammit-1.jpg

Airflow:

The Ammit MTL has 12 airflow options for you to choose from. The airflow options make this RDA quite versatile as you could use it to get a restricted lung hit or a mouth to lung draw. At the tightest airflow option which is a single air hole, the draw is tighter that than of a cigarette and it gets air-ier as you adjust it to match/mimic the exact type of draw you would get with a cigarette or a draw that you prefer.

The RDA has 5 airflow options on the one side and all can be left open, or reduced depending on how much airflow you like. The airflow holes are: 2mm, 1.5mm, 1.2mm, 1mm and 0.8mm. If you want an even tighter draw, you can close off all those 5 openings on the one side of the airflow control ring and leave only a single of the 5 different airflow holes open on the other side. Using a single airflow setting gives you your MTL experience due to the tight draw. Your draw can be further customized by changing the drip tips. Each of the 3 included drip tips have a different diameter bore which increases/decreases the airflow depending on the one you choose. The one con I can find is that there isn’t much grip so turning/adjusting the airflow ring can be a bit of a hassle. I would’ve liked for the ring to be a tad bit looser or have some knurling on it to make it a bit easier to adjust your airflow.

ammit-5.jpg

Building and Wicking:

The Ammit MTL features a dual post build deck. Building on the Ammit dual has been a breeze. Dual post designs work excellent in single coil RTA’s and RDA’s so it’s no surprise Geekvape have implemented the tried and tested build deck here. Since the airflow hits the bottom of the coil at both sides, you are limited to the diameter of coil you can use due to the notch that channels the airflow to the one side of the coil. This isn’t such a big problem since it is a MTL RDA and you probably won’t be using coils larger than 2.5 or 3mm ID.

Geekvape includes 2 x ~0.7Ω Clapton Coils with a 2mm ID with this RDA as well so you can use these as soon as you get the RDA. I must mention that the post screws on this RDA could’ve been better. The current post screws are Philips head but they don’t seem to be high quality. Over time, it is possible to strip these screws.

ammit-3.jpg

Wicking the Ammit MTL is also a simple task as it is extremely forgiving. The only thing you would probably need to worry about is not using a too thick or thin piece of cotton. Other than that, there really isn’t too much to worry about.

ammit-2.jpg

Performance

Once built and wicked, the Ammit MTL gave a good vape. Using the RDA with airflow opened all the way gave good flavor and the vape was not bad at all. It by no means competes with single coil RDA’s like the Hadaly in flavor though. The flavor was good but by no means the best I’ve had which I expected since this is an RDA catered more towards MTL and restrictive lung hits. With airflow all the way opened, the airflow was still nice and smooth and I could get a really good restrictive lung hit with good flavor. Using a single airflow opening, I could get an excellent MTL draw with a decent throat hit and the flavor was decent. The flavor in MTL mode isn’t as good as with airflow all the way open but that’s expected since MTL flavor can’t be compared to DL. What I like most about this RDA is its versatility with regards to airflow options. I haven’t tried any other MTL RDA’s, but I have tried quite a few MTL RTA’s and I can safely say that this definitely gives you better/more flavor than a MTL RTA. I feel that this RDA really shines with bakery/desserts/tobacco flavors because you get a warm, dense vape which favors these categories. Fruits and menthols are best suited for a for cooler kind of vape.

Knowing this information would I still get the Ammit MTL? Yes, I love the performance and versatility of this RDA and the flavor I got off it. It won’t be replacing my other single coil RDA’s like the Hadaly but it’s a nice addition for my MTL vaping. This RDA hits the spot if you like restrictive lung hits and Mouth-to-lung style vaping.

ammit-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread