Amodus X Ultroner Luna 80W BF Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Granted, haven't even tried my first squonker yet, waiting for a replacement from MVS, but I still can't help myself, lol.

Anybody own this or familiar with it? I'm looking at the following and it's getting tempting to pull the trigger. I tried searching here in in the Liquid Feed sub-forum and didn't find anything. Maybe I missed something.

Asmodus x Ultroner Luna 80W BF Box Mod | Bottom Feed Mods

Waiting on an RSQ to be sent back to me, first one had issues. Have a feeling I'm really going to like squonking. Already have a Pulse, but wanting my first squonk experience to be on a regulated mod since I've never used an unregulated device. Too much change at once, lol.

This just looks like a really cool mod. I like the stab wood finish.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Agreed not regulated but, like the Pico Squeeze, has built in protection (battery shut off at 3.3V and power capped at 80 watts). Id say it would be a great introduction into determining into the world of mechs. Get the experience with reduced risk.
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Never used a mech, so I figured this might be a good way to get used to recognizing when to replace the battery when using my Pulse or the like. I build rather high, usually between 0.3 and 0.5, so my main concern is knowing when to swap the battery on my Pulse.

Yeah it looks nice, and would start to give me a feel for knowing when it was time to swap batteries.

Do I NEED it. Absolutely not. Do I want it? Of course, lol.

Thanks for the feedback. Trying to behave here. Ordered a pair of Pico Squeezes from FT yesterday, but will probably be at least a month before I see them. Figure for the $$$, the squeeze is a no-brainer.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Well, went ahead and ordered a blue one this morning directly from asmodus.com. I have a blue Pulse 22 I plan on partnering with it depending on how the colors go together.

Since VaporDNA excludes this item when using a coupon code, figured if I had to pay full price, I might as well just order it from Asmodus since they also had spare squonk bottles for it. Picked up 3 extra bottles as well.

I've never posted pictures here, but will try when I receive it if anyone is interested. Hopefully I get a nice looking one. I know it's always a lottery when ordering something like this.

Interested to see the customer service from Asmodus, how quickly they ship, etc.

Figure once my RSQ replacement arrives, I can use it to dial in a build that will work well with this.

This is my first stab wood mod, so really excited about it.

Reactions: glasseye

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Never used a mech, so I figured this might be a good way to get used to recognizing when to replace the battery when using my Pulse or the like. I build rather high, usually between 0.3 and 0.5, so my main concern is knowing when to swap the battery on my Pulse.

Yeah it looks nice, and would start to give me a feel for knowing when it was time to swap batteries.

Do I NEED it. Absolutely not. Do I want it? Of course, lol.

Thanks for the feedback. Trying to behave here. Ordered a pair of Pico Squeezes from FT yesterday, but will probably be at least a month before I see them. Figure for the $$$, the squeeze is a no-brainer.
If you build between .3 and .5, a good time to swap the battery would be every time you refill the bottle on the pulse. I run vtc 5a batteries and my builds are .3 +/-. When the bottle is empty, I'm at 3.6-3.7 volts. I don't have the pulse, but my bottles are of similar size so, I can't imagine it'd be much different.

This holds true with all of my mechanical squonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread