Amount of Vapour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I am finding that I usually manage to get a few of those 'perfect' puffs with a fresh drip but that soon decreases as the liquid is used up but it's also so easy to mess it up and either drip too much or too little liquid.....it really is quite an art to get it just right.

It seems as if it's trying to achieve those 'perfect' puffs that makes me spend so much time vaping.

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm the same, I have strained my neck muscles trying to get the perfect puff!

Mine right now are killing me! At least I'm finally getting cheekbones and jaw definition from all this sucking! But you're right, it is a quest for the "perfect puff". And they are too few and far between. I alternate 3 cigs at once to let the battery rest and the atomizer cool down...and will puff non stop until I get to those ultimate climax drags...lol. Sometimes, that's enough, but I still have to talk myself into giving it a rest.

smog

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
England
I have the evo.....and I find that as the amount of vapour gets less I naturally try to compensate by drawing for longer.....which ends up setting off the 2 min cut-out...it drives me crazy.

Me too i use my evo alot more than 901 ,but that stupid cut-out on them has me swearing at it sometimes,i dont know if it happens on you alot but the vaccuum in mine sometimes carries on for 2 or 3 seconds after you stopped sucking ,then PING :mad: and your stuffed for another 2 mins (seems longer) .

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Me too i use my evo alot more than 901 ,but that stupid cut-out on them has me swearing at it sometimes,i dont know if it happens on you alot but the vaccuum in mine sometimes carries on for 2 or 3 seconds after you stopped sucking ,then PING :mad: and your stuffed for another 2 mins (seems longer) .

Perhaps we would be far better off if we had one of the e-cigs that don't have the cut out?

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
i have found that my "perfect puff" depends on what juice i am using in my carts at any given time. Has anyone else found that the Pure Liquid from puresmoker.com produces MUCH less vapor than the Cash eJuice from the same site? maybe i'm just doing it wrong , but after 2 carts the Pure Liquid produces a pitiful amount of vapor and the Cash eJuice on the same atomizer produces PLUMES of vapor

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Perhaps we would be far better off if we had one of the e-cigs that don't have the cut out?

Why in the hell is there a cut-off anyway? That is why I lean more toward using my E-Cigar. It doesn't have that cutoff. Maybe this would be considered a newbie question, but what exactly is the purpose of that cutoff on the smaller e-cigs. Is it for equipment protection, or user protection?

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
Why in the hell is there a cut-off anyway? That is why I lean more toward using my E-Cigar. It doesn't have that cutoff. Maybe this would be considered a newbie question, but what exactly is the purpose of that cutoff on the smaller e-cigs. Is it for equipment protection, or user protection?

Both, I suspect... I'd lean more toward not burning up the atomiser/overheating the device.
I'm satisfied with the "perfect puff" my Dura provides, and I'm unable to draw on it long enough to activate the cut-off.
(Sorry, sounding like a Dura commercial)
However, other members have reported various problems with theirs and the price would keep me from being a repeat customer if I had any performance issues.
I don't know what I'd recommend as a replacement. The 901 is up there but I have to work harder to get the same results and... I don't wanna work.

So far so good, time will tell.

New Year quitter

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
I am finding that I usually manage to get a few of those 'perfect' puffs with a fresh drip but that soon decreases as the liquid is used up but it's also so easy to mess it up and either drip too much or too little liquid.....it really is quite an art to get it just right.

It seems as if it's trying to achieve those 'perfect' puffs that makes me spend so much time vaping.

Try dripping a couple of drops of eliquid into the atomizer instead of the carts, it seems to last longer then soaking it in sponge. I hardly ever drip into the carts nowadays.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Try dripping a couple of drops of eliquid into the atomizer instead of the carts, it seems to last longer then soaking it in sponge. I hardly ever drip into the carts nowadays.

I have dripped on the atomizer....but my very latest thing is a tiny pot of e-liquid and very carefully dipping the wire mesh in the liquid.....which does seem to be giving me a bit less trouble than dripping did. .....but it all seems such a pain to get it just right.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
You might be flooding the atomiser if you dip it in eliquid Pete and that would give you inconsistent results with vapour.

Apparently an easy way to drip with an Evo is to touch the drop to the mesh before it gets too big to drip off the bottle. Two drops at a time and refresh when needed might work.

Hi kate...yes I did find that dripping just the way you described it was the best of all......but useless old me still kept getting the amount wrong and flooding the atomiser........that's why I am experimenting with this new 'dipping' idea today......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread