Ampking Batteries have Global Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ampking is the leading energy supplier who focuses on the vaping industry. Safety and stable performance are the first priorities they strive for. They not only care most about the clients, but also are confident with the quality. Recently they bring us a good news that all Ampking batteries are covered by global insurance against bodily injury and property damage, which is liability for the worldwide market. Unlike most Chinese brands, Ampking purchases the Taiwan insurances for more efficient claim settlement service and better guarantee. Choose ampking batteries, start a safe and comfortable vaping.

pei1v3H.jpg

eOXKSBY.jpg

To learn more about Ampking batteries, please visit: https://www.heavengifts.com/Ampking_b78.html

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Has Mooch ever reviewed these? I don't recognize the name. And somehow an insurance policy issued in Taiwan doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe a US company but I can't see how it would cover the most common cause of failure, user error. That would be a giant carve out to avoid any coverage.

Edit : To self, search is your friend. Mooch did review an Ampking 21700 and believes it might be a Samsung 30T rewrap. Maybe. The performance was the same but the body seemed different. Still a rewrap by Ampking with the associated risks of a rewrapper

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Has Mooch ever reviewed these? I don't recognize the name. And somehow an insurance policy issued in Taiwan doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe a US company but I can't see how it would cover the most common cause of failure, user error. That would be a giant carve out to avoid any coverage.
Yes, Mooch has approved the 20700 & 21700 Amkings. I read it in his blog here.

They don’t from what I read cover user error but they cover manufacturers defects causing accidents.

I gather the thinking is since the coverage is from Taiwan instead of China its suppose to inspire more confidence for its global claim.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ampking is the leading energy supplier who focuses on the vaping industry. Safety and stable performance are the first priorities they strive for....Choose ampking batteries, start a safe and comfortable vaping.
tailland said:
Personally, I'm looking forward to a company taking a serious lead in providing power storage solutions for the vaping industry - honest labelling, proper quality control, and if possible, a motivated R&D department.
Just curious, what if anything, makes your batteries any SAFER than any other battery on the market? It seems to me that simply marketing a battery for vapers or as being safer doesn't necessarily mean it is actually safer than any other on the market or especially designed for vapers. That's just marketing hype.

My educated guess is the battery chemistry is the same as other brand batteries. The physical design appears to be the same as other cylindrical batteries. Offering liability insurance that doesn't cover user error doesn't seem very benefitual to me.

On the subject about honest labeling, I see Ampking advertises an 18650 battery as having 3000mAh and 40 amps max. That's hard for me to believe those specs. What is the true maximum continuous discharge rate? That's the spec that vapers are most interested in. Is it 5 amps, 15 amps, 30 amps, 40 amps? The spec sheet is confusing.

Ampking-AKVTC6-18650-3000mAh-High-drain-Battery---40A_04_ed2c02.jpg

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I must say I don't quite know how I feel about "battery insurance." I mean, you place insurance on high risk things, kinda, like oh floods and car crashes and whatnot.

If the insurance really is going to cover my damage, well, okay but that is the kind of insurance I just hope I never have to use, also can't imagine dealing with "proof" and "collecting on my claim" from here to there, etc. I suppose it's good, or well, it's something I guess.

I still don't quite know how you prove it's not user error I mean do I have to videotape myself using and installing and whatever the batteries, because I'm going to guess that "known manufacturing defect" is going to be rather difficult to PROVE, based on pics I have seen of exploding batteries, there isn't going to be a "tell tale stain or mark" or whatever to prove the defect. IDK.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
This one?

e0b0e026483321ae3c490f8ab32e2d35.jpg

I think he meant the one about the warranty/guarantee in the box, lol or that's what I thought of.

I applaud them for thinking out of the box but still gonna throw a no here personally. I mean who proves what was misuse and does the insurance actually cover the injured or the company that is sued?

My family owned a business we had insurance, it covered us if sued by a customer. Not where the customer actually made a claim on our insurance. Then if it is coverage for the company, how would one actually sue a Chinese company? I'm guessing it cost more to print the paper than what the premium was, lol.

Sorry I'm just a bit skeptical on this. The limits list look just like the ones on my car insurance, basically telling me my benefits/coverage, that I pay for. This is just what they are saying they are insured if they are sued, not an actual we will take care of you. People will have to have their insurance company or lawyer sue for payment. Which means they will never pay out, no company outside of China will sue a Chinese company in a Chinese court, they can't win. Then when they lose the insurance company does not have to pay.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
It just sounds like a marketing ploy to me. I will stick with the big 4 and be happy with knowing exactly what battery I am really using.

Unless a company comes up with a new style of battery that does not have the positive and negative on the end of the battery that gets the most use and wear, or come up with a new battery chemistry that is less volatile, I don't see how they can claim they are safer than any other company since they are all using the exact same stuff as each other.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
Frankly speaking this matter with insurance is ludicrous. Every company that import the battery from over sea carry the liability in any case something happens with the battery in their own country.
Further using a rewrap battery is in my opinion a matter of trust in the company, (or brand) that they offer genuine brands behind their wrap. In addition it is important for me that the batteries are classified like the original manufacturer does (LG Chem, Samsung SDI, Sony etc.).
Last but not least I would like to see, how professional this company is in the business of batteries (and Chargers).

Reactions: stols001

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Your insurance is great news for you, Ampking, as it protects you. But how does it help vapers or shop owners?

I’m curious how anyone can prove it was a defective battery in order to win their case. The evidence burns itself up.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread