An Epiphany (of sorts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
DFW
After reading and reading the plethora of info on this amazing forum, I finally slapped some sense into my head and realized a few things (which may only and probably only apply to me):

1. I do not HAVE to dry burn or rebuild my coils/heads/thinggummies. I can clean them as I think needed and just replace the dern things when I need to. At less than $2 a pop, this is cheaper than my PAD habit even if I did it every day. Which I won't, but still...

2. Variable voltage and stuff is not necessary for me to be happy. After dithering and finally getting a vv device I discovered (duuuhhh!) that the simple little straight ego bats I had actually taste better with the juices I'm using rather than cranking it up. So, 'keep it simple stupid' applies to me. It appears that anything over 3.8 and mama ain't happy.

3. Shiny things and buttons are way cool, but this simple person will simply admire all the nifty looking set ups you lovely people have and stick with my evods/ego bats. Maybe later I'll go nuts, but right now - admiration only.

4. I will not visit ........ any more. He is trying to get me into trouble whether he knows it or not.

5. vaping and this forum have helped me kick a 20+ year habit - Yippeee! And I don't have to have a Vamo or a Provari or a voltage meter or a lot of technical know how either. And nobody here has laughed at me for that - thank you! The support is amazing and so very helpful.

Now I am going to quit stressing over whether or not I'm doing this 'right' and just enjoy it for what it is. And I enjoy it more than I ever did smoking, which I never thought I would be able to say.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I love it when someone realizes that they don't have to keep up with the Jones's to be perfectly happy. Good for you. I will admit that I do love my VV Spinners but I love my simple, set voltage, egos too. Put an Evod on either and I am as happy with my set up as someone else with all the other fancy gear.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
cat58,

Ah 'Grasshopper', you are wise beyond your 'Join Date'!!!

2009302173.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
After reading and reading the plethora of info on this amazing forum, I finally slapped some sense into my head and realized a few things (which may only and probably only apply to me):

1. I do not HAVE to dry burn or rebuild my coils/heads/thinggummies. I can clean them as I think needed and just replace the dern things when I need to. At less than $2 a pop, this is cheaper than my PAD habit even if I did it every day. Which I won't, but still...

2. Variable voltage and stuff is not necessary for me to be happy. After dithering and finally getting a vv device I discovered (duuuhhh!) that the simple little straight ego bats I had actually taste better with the juices I'm using rather than cranking it up. So, 'keep it simple stupid' applies to me. It appears that anything over 3.8 and mama ain't happy.

3. Shiny things and buttons are way cool, but this simple person will simply admire all the nifty looking set ups you lovely people have and stick with my evods/ego bats. Maybe later I'll go nuts, but right now - admiration only.

<snip>

Now I am going to quit stressing over whether or not I'm doing this 'right' and just enjoy it for what it is. And I enjoy it more than I ever did smoking, which I never thought I would be able to say.

I agree with your sentiments exactly!!

(Though I have to admit I love my fancy ego batteries. Check out vaporgirl's bats at Designer Egos at The Vapor Girl: One for your every mood~ Over 60 variations and counting!. No, I have no connection with her, just a happy customer.)

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The only thing I have a personal issue with concerning your epiphany is the vv part. IF you've found your niche with a delivery device that works good using a 3.7 v battery it's all good. A variable voltage device gives me a wider choice of delivery devices in that quest to satisfy my vaping desires.

cat58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
DFW
Oh my, I hope it didn't seem that I was (as my son would say) dissin' the vv because that was not my intention at all, that's certainly a perfect thing for a lot of folks. It was just I discovered I - just me - didn't need it 'cause I guess as Glen said, I found my niche. Much like Dorothy in WofOz, what I wanted was right in my own back yard all the time. :)

And Barbara - OK, no blame to you but I think I will put that site in the time out corner w/.........

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Hey cat,

Don't apologize for findin' what ya like and does da job fer ya!

Dis ol' fart has chased many a 'latest & greatest' and am now vaping my azz off with my ol' LR DCTs and VV Grippers at 3.4 volts.

I truly respect, appreciate and even envy your early found niche! Not many folk here would admit that they found their happy zone without spending oodles of money. I've spent mucho and am now vaping an ol' combo that is nearly antiquated.

My hat is doffed to your honesty and 'bakky cessation. Ergo, my first response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread