An eRoll-type setup on an ego battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
Hey guys, so I've been vaping for several months now. The first 2 months I used the eRoll and its flavor/vapor is PERFECT but there are a few cons about them and upgraded to eGo-types (Vision Spinners).

I've been trying tons of new flavors but still am impressed by the flavor of my eRoll - it provides me the best flavor without being an oversaturated, nauseating vape and the draw is PERFECT. That said, I can't stand my eVODS and Protanks..its just not the same. The protank is too airy and the flavor is 'meh' and the eVod is over-the-top oversaturated flavor that makes me juices taste like straight chemicals or just like inhaling straight ejuice. Evod has a bit of a plasticy taste and the protank has a bit of a metallic taste. They just aren't the same as the eRoll.

Are there delivery systems that are similar to the eRoll's cartridge+atty that I can use on the Vision Spinner? Would CartoTanks be the answer?

I just tried some Fuzion Vapor flavors I got on my eRoll and D**M..I never could see what all the fuss about Unicorn Blood was until I tried it on my eRoll. Fuzions Ectoplasm is amazinly tasty as well. I just can't get the equivalent tastes on my evod/protanks :/

Recomendations?

msween00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Hamden, CT
You can use a cartomizer, I believe it's (essentially) the same as what the eRoll uses. I've read good things about the boge cartos but have no first hand experience. Someone will be along with better advice.

Edit: I get great flavor from my iClear 16s, not sure it you've tried something similar already.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
Well I prefer a cooler vape, and bottom coils and my eRoll provides that. I've heard of the atty a/b systems for ego but I never hear anything about it but I know my local vendor has the atties and parts for it. I've had some boge cartos and am unsure about them..I remember the flavor being great, a warmer vape too, but also a metallicy taste.

I'm also concerned about tank cracker juices in some of the older setups, idk I'm unfamiliar with the atty a/b + cartridge.

I am really considering ordering a Vapeonly Mini BCC to try or possibly the new Pyrex Smoktech Cartotank, might do it tonight.

is it possible that lowering the resistance in my eroll and protank might provide a better flavor (of course, adjusting the voltage as well)?

Last edited:

Plum

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
UK
I too prefer the tank/atty combo, tried the evod, T3, mini nova and more recently the boge cartomiser.
I find the evod and others exactly as you say, too airy, over saturated and make me feel quite dizzy.

The boge cartos aren't bad, but need refilling quite frequently as I am paranoid about burning the filler.

I love the eroll, but mainly for social situations. At home or driving I predominantly use the ecab, which is great. It uses the same attys as the eroll, easy for ordering supplies, a slightly larger tank and and cheap removable batteries. I also use some old ego batteries I have with the same atties and tanks as the ecab as back up to my backup.

When I first used the tank system when they came out, I had nothing but trouble with leaks etc, but now they are so much better, and I like it better than any of the clearos I have tried.

I am sure there are a few of us that have not moved on from the tank/atty combo, I seem to try new things when I read about them, but go back to this system. It has the advantage of being very simple, the tanks and attys are cheap and interchangeable between my systems.

I think you should definitely check out the Joyetech ecab.
Best of luck

PS I have also felt no need to go to any variable voltage/wattage.

PPS! Not sure if the tank/attys would go on the spinner, is it a standard ego type fitting?

Last edited:

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
Yes! Its good to hear from someone who feels the same way. I thought I might just be crazy for not liking the evod and preferring an older technology. Spinners are your typical eGo fitting, yes. It is just like the Ego Twist but a bit better IMO. My friend has the eCab and its not bad at all, pretty nice. It kind of just sucks since I bought 3 Vision Spinners several weeks ago x). If I can get the standard eRoll/eCab atties on the eGo and a cartridge, I'd be good to go.

Plum

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
UK
Joyetech eGo-C E cigs Kit and E-liquid - TECC

I know this is a uk site, but this pic shows the tank/cone/atty system that works on ego batteries. The tanks are the same as the ones for the ecab, if that's any help.

I assume your spinner would take the cone etc....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 14

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yes! Its good to hear from someone who feels the same way. I thought I might just be crazy for not liking the evod and preferring an older technology. Spinners are your typical eGo fitting, yes. It is just like the Ego Twist but a bit better IMO. My friend has the eCab and its not bad at all, pretty nice. It kind of just sucks since I bought 3 Vision Spinners several weeks ago x). If I can get the standard eRoll/eCab atties on the eGo and a cartridge, I'd be good to go.

Spinners take eGo and 510 threaded accessories. The 510 cartridge+ atomizer (type-a and type-b) are pretty well identical to the eRoll cartridge+ atty except the cartridges hold more juice. Can be bought at most websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread