The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

An idea involving cleaning atomisers

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by Survivalism, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Survivalism

Survivalism Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    I realised that their are quite a few methods that people claim to work for them, but those same methods dont work at all for someone else. I think i have figured out why..

Everyone uses a huge assortment of flavored liquids, different flavoring will likely produce a different residue that will need a unique cleaner to get rid of. I think when someone has success with a cleaning method they need to post what flavorings they use so we can find a correlation, what do you guys think?

2. parapo

parapo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2008
    Greece
  3. Liscab

Liscab Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
    Miami fl.
    does any one have tried the muriatic acid to clean the atomizer?

4. radiokaos

radiokaos Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I WOULD NEVER TRY MURATIC ACID on anything that comes near my mouth.

Guys please be careful.

5. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    It's one of the few reasons I can think of for such varying results but the cleaner we are hoping to find is the one that will work with 'all' the variables.

6. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Liscab--Heed the warning that Muatic Acid is dangerous to work with let alone use and should never be employed by anyone---Please People--we are experimenting with SAFE viable alternatives to clean atomizers!!! Thanks----Sun

7. Closet Toker

Closet Toker Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2009
    Trempealeau, WI.
  8. Hardpack

Hardpack Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2009
    Reno, Nev.
    I haven't had the 'pleasure' of needing to bring a dead atomizer back to life yet. Just wondering how WD40 or GooGone might work as a pre cleaning soak. It works well on rust etc. and might help loosen up the crud.

9. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    Believe it or not I have tried wd 40 .....there isn't much I haven't tried ....although the problem is that most of the stuff I have tried I wouldn't wan't to vape from any atomizer cleaned with it, even if it did work.....lmao. .......I think if we do find a cleaner that works we will then have to work on the problem of safely cleaning off the cleaner.

10. bizzyb0t

bizzyb0t Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2009
    Denver CO, USA
    WD-40? Seriously? What would you use to get the WD-40 out of the wicking material? It sounds like a really stupid idea to use WD-40 on an atomizer, imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.