An idea involving cleaning atomisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivalism

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Aurora, Colorado
I realised that their are quite a few methods that people claim to work for them, but those same methods dont work at all for someone else. I think i have figured out why..

Everyone uses a huge assortment of flavored liquids, different flavoring will likely produce a different residue that will need a unique cleaner to get rid of. I think when someone has success with a cleaning method they need to post what flavorings they use so we can find a correlation, what do you guys think?

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I realised that their are quite a few methods that people claim to work for them, but those same methods dont work at all for someone else. I think i have figured out why..

Everyone uses a huge assortment of flavored liquids, different flavoring will likely produce a different residue that will need a unique cleaner to get rid of. I think when someone has success with a cleaning method they need to post what flavorings they use so we can find a correlation, what do you guys think?

It's one of the few reasons I can think of for such varying results but the cleaner we are hoping to find is the one that will work with 'all' the variables.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
does any one have tried the muriatic acid to clean the atomizer?

I WOULD NEVER TRY MURATIC ACID on anything that comes near my mouth.

Guys please be careful.

Liscab--Heed the warning that Muatic Acid is dangerous to work with let alone use and should never be employed by anyone---Please People--we are experimenting with SAFE viable alternatives to clean atomizers!!! Thanks----Sun

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I haven't had the 'pleasure' of needing to bring a dead atomizer back to life yet. Just wondering how WD40 or GooGone might work as a pre cleaning soak. It works well on rust etc. and might help loosen up the crud.

Believe it or not I have tried wd 40 .....there isn't much I haven't tried ....although the problem is that most of the stuff I have tried I wouldn't wan't to vape from any atomizer cleaned with it, even if it did work.....lmao. .......I think if we do find a cleaner that works we will then have to work on the problem of safely cleaning off the cleaner.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I haven't had the 'pleasure' of needing to bring a dead atomizer back to life yet. Just wondering how WD40 or GooGone might work as a pre cleaning soak. It works well on rust etc. and might help loosen up the crud.

WD-40? Seriously? What would you use to get the WD-40 out of the wicking material? It sounds like a really stupid idea to use WD-40 on an atomizer, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread