An Njoy Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenbuster

Apr 23, 2008
After two weeks of eager anticipation my first e-cigarette arrived in the mail. I expected such a wait as I live in Toronto, Canada. I had ordered a white cigarette starter kit and 4 Full strength regular flavored cartridges. The item came in a professional yellow box and the cigarette itself was comfortably placed in a foam bed. My first impression of the item was its surprising size and weight. I was expecting something smaller but I was not easily discouraged. After reading the manual over twice I began charging the spare battery and placed a cartridge labeled HIGH into the atomizer. I took a deep breath and thought about the potential this little device had to seriously change my life for the better. After 8 years of smoking my health had certainly deteriorated. I placed the pen-like piece into my mouth and sucked until I tasted an alien substance in the back of my throat. I inhaled deeply and exhaled after a second. I smile of nostalgia toward cigarettes became apparent on my face as I realized that I will probably never need another cigarette again. I smoked the bugger for a few minutes and a familiar nicotine sensation rushed to my extremities. It was satisfying and relieving.

So far I have not run in to any of the problems that I have read about on this forum with my Njoy. The vapor content is large and surprisingly consistent. I took out my cartridge a few minutes ago and placed a drop of e-cig.com strawberry flavored e-liquid into the atomizer. A billow of vapor poured out when I sucked on the device. The taste hardly resembled strawberry but was strangely enticing. The inhalation was subtle and pleasant, I suppose some may call this “smooth”.

The moment after I submit this post I am going to place an order with Njoy for another batch of High cartridges, this time I’ll try apple. I figure that when I run these cartridges dry I will refill the fiber with e-liquid. I currently have 4 8ml bottles of e-liquid in my possession. I just have some quick questions:

How long with this e-liquid last me? I am a pack a day smoker of relatively strong cigarettes (du maurier, it’s Canadian).

Is there anything I can do to keep my device in shape and working properly? It would be devastating if this piece quit on me. I would truly hate to light up.

Thanks, Raven.

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
seriously, no joke, you are hillarious. :D . "A smile of nostalgia"..... priceless. I knew i should've ordered the white one. Glad you finally got your njoy. Typically, 1ml = 1 cartridge and 1 cartridge = 1 pack. The closest strength as far as nicotine content you can get right now, as far as I know, is 24 mg liquid from e-cig and that is a little less than the typical regular cig. Regular pack of cigs = 22-34 mg. But if you're happy with 16 mg, don't step up to 24mg. You shouldn't need to maintain your njoy, but if you have problems, there is a reset button. Some people like to put them in a cup with a napkin in the bottom and place the device vertically with mouthpiece end (no mouthpiece though) facing down overnight. I don't know if i'd recommend running warm water through it unless nothing else works. I did that with my e-cigar when it started to feel cloggy. Seemed to improve it, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you absolutely have to. Njoy says its supposed to be relatively maintenance free, and so, you should leave it be unless you start having issues. "njoy your njoy" bud. BTW, I'm using big font because I have trouble reading the normal font. When i look away from the screen, i see white lines in my vision. In case anyone was wondering :mrgreen: .

Last edited by a moderator:

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
I Njoy my black one. the thing seems to work great as long as i have juice. when the battery runs low the vapor starts to decrease. I love it though.

I will have 3 cigs from mel soon enough as well as an e-pipe and e-cigirello from e-cig.com.

I'll write a little reviews once i get them all in.

good review by the way.

-Dusty-

mace bewley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
Rogers AR
got the NJOY in black, no complaints. got a 4 hole atm from cash, and WOW.
i personally think it was a great starter to the whole world of vaping.
now i'm sitting here waiting on a kissbox classic to get here, and trying to decide what to get after that. not buying analogs i am saving a ton of money that has to go somewhere.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
got the NJOY in black, no complaints. got a 4 hole atm from cash, and WOW.
i personally think it was a great starter to the whole world of vaping.
now i'm sitting here waiting on a kissbox classic to get here, and trying to decide what to get after that. not buying analogs i am saving a ton of money that has to go somewhere.

Mace--it is fun and gets to be a very expensive "adventure". I do not think I am saving any money with e-cigs over the last 5 months--but I sure am having fun and in my opinion the health benifit is pricless--just do not wind up in the "poor house" as buying these devices is as fun as vaping them---Sun:)

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
My atomizer went bad 11 days after I received the NJOY NCIG (pen-style). Not thrilled with that. Batteries seemed weak, too. I am without an e-cig until the spare parts arrive from NJOY or my new Kissbox Extended is delivered. Getting hold of Customer Service at NJOY took three phone calls and one email. They are apparently quite busy, but I really would like to see them respond quicker. Great part of buying NJOY, particularly as a first e-cig, is the 30-day return policy and one year warranty on all the components. I may decide to keep mine as a spare if the KB proves to be significantly superior.

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
eric , your comment was nice thank you for your time to contribute to the forum and don't get me wrong because you seem really nice...but since i am in the eye care field... I have to ask you to please go to get an eye exam asap.
It may be none of my business and as far as i know your visual acuity may not have a 20/20 ability with corrective lenses.And I have no idea if you are working with an eye care professional at this time., But if it has been a long time since your last exam or if this has come on suddenly your vision is a concern if that font size is the only thing you can see at computer intermediate distance.
In no way is this an professional diagnosis only a recommendation from a forum friend to see your local Optometrist..Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread