An odd sounding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konservative

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Holland, MI
Hay Hoog i was wondering if their is one of those 3 triangle recycling symbols on the batt boxes, and if their is i would like to know what the letters are on the inside of the triangle (or just underneath) as this will tell me what kind of plastic they are made of (they would look like this, PP, HDPE, LDPE, or something else similar if it is their). I am just trying to see if the glue i bought will work for it or not (it has a warning for some plastic types). If you could answer this that would be great, if not i am sorry for confusing you.

I told you it was an odd sounding question.

LibertyRevolution

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
CT, USA
www.youtube.com
None of the 2xAA boxes I have have recycling symbols, and I have 1 of every color.
My black 2xAA box has no symbol either.

I used:
xprd38_z.jpg

Konservative

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Holland, MI
I used to work in plastics so i have seen more of those symbols than i can count. The trash can symbol is intended for the batts in the box and not the box itself (very common on that type of thing). The glue i bought is a $2 4 pack of super glue, i did not read the back till i got home and it says not to use it on polyethylene (PE, HDPE, & LDPE) or polypropylene (PP). I did not think that a box intended to go inside of something would have the recycling symbol on it, but i thought it was worth asking as i do not know what type of plastic the boxes are made of. PE and PP are very common plastics, but so is ABS, and ABS/PC so let us hope it is one of those.
Thank you for the answers
"Konservative" Jay

P.S. If anyone knows what type of plastic these are made from please let me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread