Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Let me start this by being perfectly honest. This particular kit was in actuality a contest prize I won. This in no way influenced my decision to write a review of the equipment. In fact, I normally do not write reviews since they are simply not my forte. Instead, I vote for the equipment, and by association the supplier, by becoming a repeat customer. I also let everyone who asks know what I order, who from, and make suggestions to those who want them. I felt compelled to write this review however because of the normal retail price versus quality of this particular product.

As a quick aside but worth mentioning; after winning the contest sponsored by Good Prophets here on the ECF, I exchanged a couple of private messages with Rob to set up shipping. In one of my PMs I mentioned that if there was a choice of cartomizer flavors that my preference ran toward menthols/mints. But, if it was a boxed kit not to worry as I was fine with what would be included. I mean, hey, we were talking free here, right? When I opened the kit however, not only did it have five Marb carts included, but an additional five mint carts, so I got a gift with my gift! Although excellent customer service is well documented with many of the e-cigarette suppliers, it was actually a bit surprising but encouraging to me personally to have someone go the extra distance with something that they were giving away.

Now, on to the product; This particular kit comes with two regular sized batteries in auto or manual and black or white color choices with blue LED tips. It also includes a USB charger, USB to AC wall adapter, one Marb 18mg cartomizer in black, and five cartomizers in your choice of flavor. Currently however the order drop down from the website only lists the Marb flavor. I requested the batteries in black manual, and as stated on the site they are a matte finish. My first impression was that they look really nice and will be a great addition to my current collection of slick batts. My second thought was that they would be perfect for those times I'm wanting a low key, classy look. These are definitely business suit/black tie appropriate.

The USB charger and AC adapter came out of the box next and I am impressed with them. They feel like they are made from quality materials and together they charge batteries quickly. I double tested this on one of my other batteries that needed a recharge and got the same fast results.

All of the cartomizers are individually sealed, with the five pack selection arriving in a blister pack. I have only vaped on one of these so far and results are included in the following.

After making sure that the GP batteries were fully charged, I attached one of the Marb cartomizers for a test drive. Usually I am not much for the tobacco flavors, but I honestly have to say this is good stuff. The Marb has a nice, rich tobacco flavor with just a hint of sweetness and is easy to vape. In fact, I have yet to get to the extra mint carts! This single carto has lasted me half the day and is still going strong, which is above average for my own 3 per day +/- cartomizer usage. The batteries last me approximately four hours and average compared with my vaping style and other batteries I have used. They heat to just the right temperature, and the battery/carto combination give a good vaping experience. The draw is easy, not too airy, with good vapor production and warmth. The throat hit is nice with the Marb carto, and this is probably the closest I've personally gotten to the taste and feel of a tobacco cigarette without all the nastiness. I would definitely suggest this kit for first timers that are looking for something that feels similar to their old habit. Also, an extra heads up - although the GP site says that the KR808 batteries have a five second cutoff, these actually tested out at ten seconds, which was a really good surprise.

So, did I forget anything? Knowing me, probably. I have got to say though that, from initial impressions, this kit seems to be a very good quality product that I would gladly pay retail price for. I feel it would be perfect for someone just beginning to vape, looking to stock up, or wanting to try out a different model at a low price. Please remember that this is a first day review and as always with my suggestions, your mileage may vary. Thanks for reading.

This kit retails for $42.00 USD plus shipping from: www.goodprophets.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread